“Fab holiday”

Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Fab holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Dont believe all the rubbish reviews for this hotel. Your holiday is what you make it.
Rooms are comfortable, clean and well furnished. We stayed in a suite which was roomy and brill views. Maids cleaned the room daily without fail. The only downfall is that the blinds let in a lot of light, so if your a light sleeper, take an eye mask.
Food is fresh, tasty and there is a good choice. Finished plates are removed from the table quickly (despite what others have said), the longest we counted was 12 seconds!! Drinks take a little longer, but if your having cocktails what do you expect.
Wifi available all around the hotel.
Pool side is a great atmosphere. Plenty to do for those who want to and time to relax for the chilled out person.
Entertainment is good. External people come in and do dancing shows etc.
Staff are all friendly and helpful, though some have quite a big language barrier.
Overall a great holiday!
would deffo return!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah89_12
OrkaSunlifeResort, Front Office Manager at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon…

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 week in June. The hotel is only open a few moths and things seem to be starting to come together.
The hotel reception is bright and welcoming. Check in was quick and without headache.
The room was big enough for 2 however there was no storage for the cases which lay on the floor for the week. The room consisted of a double bed, LCD tv, fridge and kettle with a good shower and nice sea view. I really doubt the room will weather well though as cracks are already staring to appear....dents out furniture, marks on wall etc. It feels that the rooms although comfy have been designed on a budget. Maid service was every day however wasn't completed till After 4 o'clock.
The food from the restaurant is very nice with plenty choice. Erkan, our waiter, was excellent and had our drinking waiting for us on the table each evening.
Beer is draught Efes and red wine is a must if you enjoy a glass or 3.
Pool area is kept clean and tidy with plenty loungers although you do still have the bed blockers who insist on getting up in the middle of the night to put their towel down!!
Pool area has music playing from 10am - 5pm with the usual pool games if that's your thing. There are 5 water slides which are open 10-12 and 3-5 and really are good fun and a great way to cool down although I'm not sure why they aren't open the whole day.
Night time entertainment is really poor.....I can't put it any other way. If you expect a good show then forget it.
Hotel its self is situated on a hill and access to the rooms is via a steep set of stairs or lift. The lift broke down on numerous occasion....I'd imagine it to do with the heat however signs were displayed directing people to lobby where a shuttle service was provided if required. For a young couple the stairs weren't an issue but older couples may find that this and the steel hill outside the hotel an issue especially if you like a walk to the nearest town.
The hotel is about 10 min walk from Hisaronu or 10 lira in a taxi and it is a bit further to Oludeniz.
If you decide to book some trips during your stay I would personally advise pioneer travel (can be found in Hisaronu or on the Internet) great customer service, professional staff and much cheaper than Thomas Cook!!!
Overall we had an enjoyable stay, the rooms are nice although look a bit cheap and the night time entertainment needs addressed and quick. If you have booked for a relaxing week or two I'm sure you'll enjoy it and with practice I'm sure the Hotel will develop nicely.

6 Thank de18oy
OrkaSunlifeResort, Guest Relations at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2015
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Orka Sunlife Hotel Resort & SPA and taking your time to share your comments regarding your visit. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and services.

Once again our sincere thanks for you visit and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel at the end of may, about 4 weeks after opening 2 Adults and 1 teen . Checking in at reception at around 11pm was very efficient and fast , it has a beautiful entrance & reception area and a real wow factor when you walk out on to the balcony with the pool area and bars all lit up stunning views looking down the mountainside to Olu Deniz . We went straight to our room with our cases to follow ( lift OOA) we found our room more than adequate , though the storage could have been much better designed with a lot of wasted space.lack of glass for toothbrush and no soap dish. Only 6 hangers but brought loads of cheap plastic ones which were a godsend . We found with a bit of organisation we did have enough space but if needed there is a 3 m swag/pelmit rail nr the window you could use to hang stuff. There is a free safe in the wardrobe which was very good as we had a lot of cash.
We had no view from the balcony only the next block down, didn't bother us as we only use the room to shower and sleep.
Though we did send 3 separate emails requesting a sea view . Wifi very good in the rooms great skype calls home.
The cleaning was poor the first few days (no cleaning first 5 days) but did improve to nearly everyday , plus the toilets in the public areas could have been cleaner bins not empty etc.
The food was very very good with lots of choice ( unless you are very fussy eater) we particularly loved the breakfasts and lunch , the dining room didn't have a great atmosphere looking more like a cafeteria we always ate outside nr the pool but sometimes found a lot of smokers around.
The service wasn't always brilliant ( we have previously stayed at the Belcekiz where the service is always first class) There needs to be more waiters & better training and a good restaurant manager keeping everyone on there toes.
The biggest disappointment for us was the bars and entertainment , not enough staff again should have had more waiter service to help serve the drinks. The lobby bar which is 24 hour had all the character of a Airport lounge very impersonal and little seating . The Milky Way bar outside on the pier was much nicer , though when we went could be a little cold at night, we found the pier balcony was very under used redhot during the day little cold at night ( may be much warmer in July/August )
The entertainment at night was very poor the animation/humiliation team was cringeworthy hence very few watching at the theatre. After this at 10:30 ish nothing else. Though the last few days we did see a few singers up on the pier which was much improvement . Could do with some music or a little disco up there.
The pool & slide area was very beautiful , though do need to warn your children to be careful as they are unsupervised, I went down with my son and bumped myself onto him. ( only 1 at a time ) sunbeds very comfortable and plenty of shaded areas never a problem to find one. The music round the pool was very repetitive and quite loud which didn't bother us but some could find annoying .
The entertainment team during the day were good with a few activities with the kids or anyone else who wants to take part.
There is a big problem with the main lift at this hotel always breaking down so its not the place to be with very young children or people with mobility problems , we never used it as we were in the middle block .
The local drinks were very good especially the Efes red and white wine , Gin Bacardi and Turkish Brandy.
For us we missed being in central Olu Deniz £7 in a taxi from hotel or £1 in a dolmus after a very steep hill up and down 300 metres . We always went into olu deniz at night found it a lovely atmosphere.
Really enjoyed our holiday at orka I'm sure it will improve as time goes on as will the price( they will need to recoup the enormous cost of this hotel)

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you so much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We went as a family of 10 and took our 11 month old baby, the journey from the airport was not bad at all, once we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff who answered our every question with the answers we needed! We were positioned higher up in the rooms but was not a problem as there was a lift and if it was busy a staff member would always help!
The food was devine, 5 stars and catered for everyones needs, pool and water slides were amazing,daytime and evening entertainment was superb! bar staff so friendly and made us so welcome and they loved to care for our son! All in all 10 out of 10 and would highly recommend! A must try place and we all miss it!!

1 Thank Mcforlife
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Firstly, this hotel is nearer to Hisaronu than Oludeniz. It is however in walking distance to both. We stayed in a double room with side sea view and it was fine for us. Very modern but already after
Only 7 weeks of being open is starting to show signs of wear and tear - chips and dents out the furniture, scuffs and scrapes on the walls etc. I'd hate to see this place after its first full summer season.

Its plain to see this has been a rush to open on time, simple things like skirting boards haven't been cut long enough to meet so the gap has been filled with silicone, the electric light switches indicating if you want your room cleaned/not to be disturbed not working.

Having said that, the room was fine for us (2 adults) although on the small side. There was nowhere to store the 2 cases so one lay on the floor all week. There bed was comfy and the showers were hot and powerful. Air con worked well once we figured it out. Only big thing for me was there wasn't black out blinds, just normal Venetian blinds which weren't that good.

Rooms were cleaned daily but not until about 4pm onwards which I found a bit annoying.

The pool area is lovely and there were enough loungers for everyone although I can see it not being enough in busy summer months. The slides were great fun and a good way to cool down. Only down side is that music blares out from 10am - 5pm and it's mostly all dance/pop music so not much chance of relaxing.

WiFi all around hotel was free and worked better than mines at home!!!

The food was nice, no upset tummys or anything. Although breakfast was a bit boring and not much choice. Also we had to wait for a table one night as they were so busy. The waiters do try hard but still seem to be learning.

The entertainment is dire. I really can't say more than that because it was just utter rubbish.

The cable car elevator to the upper blocks repeatedly broke down during our stay. Didn't bother us as we're young and relatively fit and apart from that, it moved so slow you'd be quicker to walk. I really think elderly/infirm people should rethink their choice. Even the hill from the hotel out to the main road is really steep and uneven.

The General Manager of the hotel was always visible and happy to chat and find out your opinions, something you very rarely see! All staff apart from one grumpy guy at the milky way bar were pleasant, chatty and helpful.

There's not much around the hotel, a 15 minute uphill walk takes you to Hisaronu and a 20 minute downhill walk takes you to Oludeniz. The hotel is only surrounded by others hotels so is quite secluded.

If you book with Thomas Cook, don't waste your time with the morning meeting. Rep goes on and on for an hour and tries to sell you trips that you can get half the price from tour operators outside the hotel - look for Pioneer Tours, they were brilliant.

All in all it was a nice week but the hotel has opened to quickly and some of the shoddy workmanship proves that. Once they get the teething problems ironed out it has potential but I doubt I'd return to Orka Sunlife.

1 Thank debbiemcn85
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we have been took the necessary actions. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

A few words about my stay at the hotel:
1. Cousine is really good. Many meats and sweets, I had to stop myself from overeating evry time. One exclusion - for me, as for Russian person, soups were poor, but this is ruther a European stile - we eat soup often, europeans do not.
2. I was trying to find the hotel near mountains, becose of the fresh air, and I wanted some pines as my son has an asthma. The place was suitable, a mix of mountain and sea air caused not damp, but soft climate.
3.The personnel a reception is quite attentive and polite, same it is possible to tell about bartenders and waiters. However cleaning of number was not so regular. Probably, it depended on, whether I left tip. Two times in a week when I forgot to put some coins on my bed, they didn't clean the room. Probably, this was coincidence, and the personnel simply could not to clean all rooms.They also didn't change slices of soap and shampoos. For experiment I held on 5 days, without demanding replacement of the used soap and shampoo. For the fifth day I gave up, restrained the pride and asked to replace soap. Thank God, they didn't refuse it :) .
4.I took the room a superior for myself and my the nine-year-old son. The room was quite big. No, it was REAL - BIG! However, in spite of the fact that in the demand the adult and the child of 9 years were specified, to us provided the room with one double bed. There was a folding chair which I was compelled to use to sleep separately from the son. However it after all not the same that two full-fledged beds. Also in the room wasn't bathing - only a shower that, in my opinion, somehow there doesn't correspond to concept a superior.
5.It is very quite good hotel for those who prefers to remain mainly in the territory all the time of the vacations. With elevators I didn't see big problems. Them several times debugged, but it occurred very quickly and didn't disturb movement. Animators in the afternoon and in the evening quite diligent entertained tourists, they, in my opinion, not bad speak English. In Russian almost don't speak, but the hotel is now focused generally on English-speaking visitors. Food - almost round the clock. Sauna of nine mornings to seven o'clock in the evening. In the same period works small (after all very small) a training hall - if active athletes is more than 10 people, the hall "will choke".
6.For those who wants to swim daily in the sea, there is a small unpleasant surprise. The hotel announces a shuttle delivering tourists to a city beach. However it not exectly so. Shatl delivers to Nicolas beach . There it is quite beautiful, but it is absolutely impossible to take place free of charge. One place there costs 7.5 Turkish liras. Thus is forbidden to take drinks and food there. That is you will have to buy all this quite expensively at restaurant on a beach. The most ridiculous that the shuttle goes by a city beach, however the driver refuses flatly to land tourists there. So, to reach really free city beach, you need to send far away a hotel shuttle, to take a small backpack and the crying sweating child to go uphill about 120 meters (VERY COOL SLOPE! ) further to go down too on a cool slope about 150 meters and at a bus stop to take the city bus for 2.75 Turkish liras. Only this way you will be able to reach a city beach where it is possible to enjoy free of charge the sea, and, besides, to observe soaring in air and landing of the parachutists who are fearlessly jumping from the mountain Babadag (by the way, I and my nine-year-old son jumped, it was super. Though, having the instructor behind the back, I couldn't get off thought that I am any dumb freight, dangling as sausage, in air, and at all without operating a paraplane). The summary - to reach a city beach to you, despite hotel assurances, it is necessary independently.
So, hotel now approximately on 4 stars, for those who wants to spend time in its territory all term of stay. Yes, waterslides - excellent, children delighted. However, it is better there after all to look after children - for this purpose I didn't notice the separate personnel. The hotel is suitable for elderly people as it seems to me. There excellent climate, large rooms and sympathetic personnel.
For me the shuttle which isn't lucky on a city beach was the only essential minus. "Physical culture" with cool slopes to buses was probably useful, but sometimes - not so pleasant even for me.
Oxana Sokolova, MD, and my son.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 253_298484253
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of our services and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

i'll try and keep it brief..... Just got back from 2 weeks her with wife and 2 twin boys of 7 year old. Like most people i was glued to facebook and trip adviser beforehand and was a bit apprehensive.... I needn't be, it was fantastic! firstly, the rooms are quite small which is why we upgraded as soon as we got there... a girl called Selcen dealt with it, her English is excellent and nothing was too much trouble. she was a diamond.paid a bit extra for suite but the price is negotiable. but the bigger room with jacuzzi and massive balcony made it. Plenty of hot water with good pressure, good tv,dvd,beds,safe etc.maid was good too.The food is top notch, plenty quality meats ,salads desserts etc. i never heard one moan bout food.... which is rare.drinks are of very good quality and variety. Everywhere is of high standard ,pools,bars etc. kids club was a bit of a let down at first but improving all the time. entertainment staff work hard and do a good job, i felt the programme needs tweaking a little bit after meal time to keep it alive. the outside acts are improving all the time .They had an outside laser lights and disco show one night and it was fantastic... bit like ibiza but for families!!! Staff a little quiet at first but as they get to know are wonderful.... if you show you can have a laugh they are the same!the place is spotlessly clean. Kylie the rep is great, any help needed, she sorts it and follows it up.My only little gripe was i felt the resteraunt needs managing at busy times. too many people and no one directing the pace. waiters a little pushed to clear tables, get drinks talk to guests etc. if you eat before 8pm thats the secret! Lets be honest we haven't paid over the top to be at a top place..... yeah there are a couple of very minor issues but they do their best to make it better.80% of the hotel is British guests..... i think this definitely produces a nice welcoming atmosphere. met some lovely people.We always make the most of a holiday. i'm never shy to complain either though if something is not right,but on the whole its bang on!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family