“Great hotel would go back”
Review of Orka Sunlife Hotel

Orka Sunlife Hotel
Ranked #18 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Great hotel would go back”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks from June 1 st stayed in a standard room with my husband room was big enough for the two of us wouldn't want a third person sharing. shower was fantastic hot water whenever you had a shower.kettle and hairdryer in room also a mini fridge which water was replaced free air condition which was set perfect no need to alter it.cleaning of the rooms was good sometimes didn't get cleaned to 4 pm .we was at the very top lift was a pain people did get stuck in there but was never in there for too long I think there was 193 steps I know sad I counted them didn't mind walking down them but going up there was a struggle just make sure you don't forget anything so you have to go back up!! Pool area was spotless and never had trouble getting a sunbed I can recommend the spa it was brilliant look out for special deals food was the best I've ever had in all inclusive we could always find a table but you could wait a long while to get drinks hubby went and got them on a few occasions.all the bar staff are fantastic especially in the lobby bar and galaxy bar didn't go to entrainment of an evening found a reggae and calypso bar in town which was great.overall we had a fantastic time and I would recommend this hotel please sort the lift out .

2 Thank sarastev
OrkaSunlifeResort, Front Office Manager at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon…

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We have just got back less then a week ago and really want to go back! The hotel is very clean modern and friendly, we stayed in a standard room which was a perfect size for 2 people wouldn't like to have a 3rd person in there. Showers were always nice and hot no matter what time of the day and the air-con was perfect. Are room was in the first block which I would highly recommend if you have walking difficulties as the life was slow and out of order most of the time however they would drop you off if needed.
The food was fantastic, I am a vegi and they had amble choice every day and lots of lovely cakes mmmm.
The only down side to our holiday was after 10.30pm the entertainment stopped but towards the end of the holiday this did improve. If you are looking for late party nights this is not the hotel for you.

2 Thank Dee32-Allen37
Reviewed 21 June 2013

arrived home on the 19th June after spending a week at the orka sunlife hotel, with my partner. after a 9 hour delay with Thomas cook our holiday didn't start to great, arrived at the hotel around 5am, was shown to a room on a low floor facing steps, with two single beds! as a young couple and celebrating our anniversary and my birthday single beds really was not appropriate especially as our booking stated double room, after a few hours sleep I went to reception and requested a room change, the lady stated if I wanted a side or sea view room I would have to pay up to £25 a night, obviously after paying a lot for the holiday anyway this was not an option but instead they moved us to the highest floor (up 180) steps.. our room was lovely with a double bed, with a small view of the mountains, we were happy. The rooms are modern, lovely bathrooms with a walk in shower, my partner loved that the window from the shower looked into the bedroom! but hey I guess most guys will! the room said it could fit up to 3 people but really it is only big enough for two people! we only got 4 coat hangers, and there was no room to hide your suitcases! but overall a lovely room, however the maid service is appalling, this is the first hotel iv stopped in where they want to clean your room between 5-7 which is completely not acceptable, the day before we left they cleaned at 4.30 so that was better but something definitely needs to be sorted as you want to walk into a fresh room after being out all day!

180 steps was not as issue to us as we are a young active couple but I can imagine this would cause a lot of people problems, especially families with young children all the elderly, yes they do have a lift, but this was broken at least 4 times in our 7 night stay! hopefully they fix the lift! or offer another option. The pool area is nice, and we always found a sunbed with an umbrella. water slides were also fun, but a guy did have a bad head injury whilst we was out there, I personally think the pool is not deep enough from the water slides! and riding down on your lilo could potentially be very dangerous. The food was very good and could not fault it, lots of choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was worried about getting an upset tummy but I tried most things such as fish all the meats, we never had a problem. the salads were always kept very cold. one night they had Turkish kebabs and they were delicious!!! nice selection of fresh fruit from cherries, to peaches etc. we always ate outside as it did look like a canteen inside, we always got a table outside for two but do go town to dinner around 7.30/8 when its not too busy. The all inclusive drinks were also good! we tried many cocktails, some cocktails are chargeable but it is stated which ones are free! amaretto, Malibu, vodka, brandy, all available for free! the staff were friendly and chatty in most areas of the hotel. Me and my partner did not rate the entertainment at all hopefully they get this sorted as they got a lot of walk outs! one night was "comedy night" where they picked 4 young women to participate in a show it was clear to see they didn't want to be up there, but the guy from the entertainment team was not taking no for an answer and the things they had them doing was not acceptable, such as 5 sexy poses bearing in mind there boyfriends and a lot of children were watching, I did not rate the entertainment or animation team at all! . I would definitely recommend visiting the spa and getting a massage, me and my partner had the "bronze package" on our first day we had a Turkish bath, foam massage, full body massage with face mask for £45, very nice massage and the Turkish bath was a lovely experience, I would recommend having a Turkish bath on your first day as they do exfoliate you and it could take your tan away! even though they do say you can have it at the end of your holiday but I would say at the beginning.

we did visit hisarono and olu deniz, by dolmus, the hill walking down to get to the bus is dangerous, no lighting or anything! you could walk to hisarono but with no street lights on tight bends I really wouldn't recommend it, just flag down a dolmus for 2 lira each! our favourite was olu deniz! we went out for a meal on my birthday to buzz bar and restaurant on the front and the meal was so lovely! definitely recommend, the bars were lively we had a lovely time, you can also barter with the shop owners with there fake goods, the fake goods were brilliant I have never seen such good quality fakes, you can buy vans, converse for just £10, nike blazers for £20 etc.. we also visited the blue lagoon one day which was very nice, but you do have to pay as it a national park, you also have to pay for sun loungers, but it is no expensive and its a nice day out, the lagoon is lovely.

me and my partner would come back to orka sunlife, hopefully the hotel will have no further problems and remain a good hotel, it would of been nice to have a sea view room and you would of thought to make a good impression it would of been given free of charge but oh well it didn't ruin our holiday. good 4 star hotel, good location, nice staff :)

Room Tip: if you don't mind walking up steps request a high floor as your view will be better! most rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emmajade1606
OrkaSunlifeResort, Guest Relations at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2015
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of our services and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Dont believe all the rubbish reviews for this hotel. Your holiday is what you make it.
Rooms are comfortable, clean and well furnished. We stayed in a suite which was roomy and brill views. Maids cleaned the room daily without fail. The only downfall is that the blinds let in a lot of light, so if your a light sleeper, take an eye mask.
Food is fresh, tasty and there is a good choice. Finished plates are removed from the table quickly (despite what others have said), the longest we counted was 12 seconds!! Drinks take a little longer, but if your having cocktails what do you expect.
Wifi available all around the hotel.
Pool side is a great atmosphere. Plenty to do for those who want to and time to relax for the chilled out person.
Entertainment is good. External people come in and do dancing shows etc.
Staff are all friendly and helpful, though some have quite a big language barrier.
Overall a great holiday!
would deffo return!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah89_12
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 week in June. The hotel is only open a few moths and things seem to be starting to come together.
The hotel reception is bright and welcoming. Check in was quick and without headache.
The room was big enough for 2 however there was no storage for the cases which lay on the floor for the week. The room consisted of a double bed, LCD tv, fridge and kettle with a good shower and nice sea view. I really doubt the room will weather well though as cracks are already staring to appear....dents out furniture, marks on wall etc. It feels that the rooms although comfy have been designed on a budget. Maid service was every day however wasn't completed till After 4 o'clock.
The food from the restaurant is very nice with plenty choice. Erkan, our waiter, was excellent and had our drinking waiting for us on the table each evening.
Beer is draught Efes and red wine is a must if you enjoy a glass or 3.
Pool area is kept clean and tidy with plenty loungers although you do still have the bed blockers who insist on getting up in the middle of the night to put their towel down!!
Pool area has music playing from 10am - 5pm with the usual pool games if that's your thing. There are 5 water slides which are open 10-12 and 3-5 and really are good fun and a great way to cool down although I'm not sure why they aren't open the whole day.
Night time entertainment is really poor.....I can't put it any other way. If you expect a good show then forget it.
Hotel its self is situated on a hill and access to the rooms is via a steep set of stairs or lift. The lift broke down on numerous occasion....I'd imagine it to do with the heat however signs were displayed directing people to lobby where a shuttle service was provided if required. For a young couple the stairs weren't an issue but older couples may find that this and the steel hill outside the hotel an issue especially if you like a walk to the nearest town.
The hotel is about 10 min walk from Hisaronu or 10 lira in a taxi and it is a bit further to Oludeniz.
If you decide to book some trips during your stay I would personally advise pioneer travel (can be found in Hisaronu or on the Internet) great customer service, professional staff and much cheaper than Thomas Cook!!!
Overall we had an enjoyable stay, the rooms are nice although look a bit cheap and the night time entertainment needs addressed and quick. If you have booked for a relaxing week or two I'm sure you'll enjoy it and with practice I'm sure the Hotel will develop nicely.

6 Thank de18oy
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Orka Sunlife Hotel Resort & SPA and taking your time to share your comments regarding your visit. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and services.

Once again our sincere thanks for you visit and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel at the end of may, about 4 weeks after opening 2 Adults and 1 teen . Checking in at reception at around 11pm was very efficient and fast , it has a beautiful entrance & reception area and a real wow factor when you walk out on to the balcony with the pool area and bars all lit up stunning views looking down the mountainside to Olu Deniz . We went straight to our room with our cases to follow ( lift OOA) we found our room more than adequate , though the storage could have been much better designed with a lot of wasted space.lack of glass for toothbrush and no soap dish. Only 6 hangers but brought loads of cheap plastic ones which were a godsend . We found with a bit of organisation we did have enough space but if needed there is a 3 m swag/pelmit rail nr the window you could use to hang stuff. There is a free safe in the wardrobe which was very good as we had a lot of cash.
We had no view from the balcony only the next block down, didn't bother us as we only use the room to shower and sleep.
Though we did send 3 separate emails requesting a sea view . Wifi very good in the rooms great skype calls home.
The cleaning was poor the first few days (no cleaning first 5 days) but did improve to nearly everyday , plus the toilets in the public areas could have been cleaner bins not empty etc.
The food was very very good with lots of choice ( unless you are very fussy eater) we particularly loved the breakfasts and lunch , the dining room didn't have a great atmosphere looking more like a cafeteria we always ate outside nr the pool but sometimes found a lot of smokers around.
The service wasn't always brilliant ( we have previously stayed at the Belcekiz where the service is always first class) There needs to be more waiters & better training and a good restaurant manager keeping everyone on there toes.
The biggest disappointment for us was the bars and entertainment , not enough staff again should have had more waiter service to help serve the drinks. The lobby bar which is 24 hour had all the character of a Airport lounge very impersonal and little seating . The Milky Way bar outside on the pier was much nicer , though when we went could be a little cold at night, we found the pier balcony was very under used redhot during the day little cold at night ( may be much warmer in July/August )
The entertainment at night was very poor the animation/humiliation team was cringeworthy hence very few watching at the theatre. After this at 10:30 ish nothing else. Though the last few days we did see a few singers up on the pier which was much improvement . Could do with some music or a little disco up there.
The pool & slide area was very beautiful , though do need to warn your children to be careful as they are unsupervised, I went down with my son and bumped myself onto him. ( only 1 at a time ) sunbeds very comfortable and plenty of shaded areas never a problem to find one. The music round the pool was very repetitive and quite loud which didn't bother us but some could find annoying .
The entertainment team during the day were good with a few activities with the kids or anyone else who wants to take part.
There is a big problem with the main lift at this hotel always breaking down so its not the place to be with very young children or people with mobility problems , we never used it as we were in the middle block .
The local drinks were very good especially the Efes red and white wine , Gin Bacardi and Turkish Brandy.
For us we missed being in central Olu Deniz £7 in a taxi from hotel or £1 in a dolmus after a very steep hill up and down 300 metres . We always went into olu deniz at night found it a lovely atmosphere.
Really enjoyed our holiday at orka I'm sure it will improve as time goes on as will the price( they will need to recoup the enormous cost of this hotel)

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you so much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We went as a family of 10 and took our 11 month old baby, the journey from the airport was not bad at all, once we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff who answered our every question with the answers we needed! We were positioned higher up in the rooms but was not a problem as there was a lift and if it was busy a staff member would always help!
The food was devine, 5 stars and catered for everyones needs, pool and water slides were amazing,daytime and evening entertainment was superb! bar staff so friendly and made us so welcome and they loved to care for our son! All in all 10 out of 10 and would highly recommend! A must try place and we all miss it!!

1 Thank Mcforlife