“Fantastic Hotel and spa”
Review of Orka Sunlife Hotel

Orka Sunlife Hotel
Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Fantastic Hotel and spa”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at orka with my two children aged 12 and 14 for ten nights and had the most fantastic time.
The room we stayed in was a standard sea view.It was adequately sized and from reading previous reviews I expected far less room and storage.The air conditioning was a blessing and the view out to sea just glorious.
The food is divine and continuously available.We travelled with friends and staff always found us a table to all sit together .They were very efficient and looked after us well.It was my sons birthday and a celebration table was laid ready and a cake provided.
I attended the spa for a after sun package and this was just perfect.I wished I'd attended before.The treatment lasted over 90 minutes and we were able to negotiate a good price which most people attending were also doing.
The entertainment team- well what can I say.They totally made my daughters holiday and we all became very fond of them all.
Photogrepher-I've come home with a beautiful album of holiday photos which will hold memories of our very special holiday.
The steps-considering we were staying in August I was a little worried i would struggle with all the steps but they were fine.I was organised in taking everything we needed to avoid continuous trips back to the room.If your healthy and reasonably fit they won't be a problem but wouldn't recommend to anyone with mobility problems .
Orka thankyou and yes we hope to return in the near future.

3 Thank vickamberluke
OrkaSunlifeResort, Front Office Manager at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon…

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I went to orka from the 2nd of August till the 12th, It was amazing..The food is brilliant, there is something for everyone, they even do a roast on a Sunday which I was very pleased with! Also the staff are brilliant and try to do everything they can to keep you happy, Burack the head of the entertainment team was amazing!!,very friendly and kind..so as all his team who were friendly;if it wasn't for them the holiday wouldn't of been so amazing, they made my holiday something to remember, I would go back to orka any day and will hopefully be booking again soon, I miss all the staff very much and would hope to see them when I next go to orka sunlife:).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amber P
Torquay,Devon
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel right now and it is very nice. In one of the villas and it is very lovely. The pool is really quiet in the day (as it is only for the people who are staying in the villas) and the villa rooms are fantastic! The cleaners make the beds very comfy and when you go back into your room they should have made it with a nice feeling to it. The slides are amazing but there is a rainbow coloured one and that goes really fast and you might go sidewards on it and might hurt yourself on it. I love this hotel so much!!!

3 Thank mawhinneyscott
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We went to this hotel from fri 2nd August for one week consisting of a family of 3. We Arrived at Midnight and was offered food a cheese and tomato Sandwich. The Hotel building is lovely and brand-new We stayed in the Jupiter block, Which is the first block you come to. We booked through Thomas Cook a sea view room and paid extra for it, yes I could see the sea but had to go Right, to the end of the balcony and lean to my left and I could see the sea. When I asked Reception if I could change rooms I was told that all Thomas Cook rooms are the same. So not worth the extra money for a sea view room.
Rooms :
The standard rooms are ok and Big enough for a family of three. The Aircon worked well and the maid cleans the room every day. The one thing that I read on here was to take more Coat hangers And I'm glad we did you really need to take some with you.

Swimming pool And slides.
The swimming pool is one large swimming pool and at one end there is a gradual slope that goes down to about 1.75 m. There is plenty of sun beds, but I am a very Early Riser. I never once saw anybody clean the floor around the swimming pool at all and only saw the pool clean once and I was up by 7- 7.30 every morning.
The slides what can I say!!!! its a deathtrap everyone goes down there On their air beds or in boats In fact there is no rules governing the slides at all.

Pool Bar
One word understaffed.

Restaurant and food
The restaurant is like a large works canteen area, Food is ok but only about 2 Choices at lunch time There is plenty of Salads. Not much better at dinner about 4 choices. But with the restaurant feeling like a canteen you can not Enjoy your Food. So we eat out most of the time. The sweets were lovely as they always are Turkey.

Snack bar
Ok if you like chips There's no menu to pick from Just Buffet style

The main problem with this hotel Is not enough staff and very poor management. With better management and the staff having the right training is no reason why this hotel cannot reach its and The guests expectations.

2 Thank Southwalesfamily
OrkaSunlifeResort, Guest Relations at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2015
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we have been took the necessary actions. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at the Orka for 2 weeks, travelled 14th June. There were 8 of us ages from 22 -81. I can only say that we had a fab holiday the staff at the hotel made our holiday especially the barmy barmen (especially Bidal) in the milky way bar. Food was lovely with lots of variety and waiters always found us a table for 8 on an evening. Room was very modern myself and husband were in uranus block right at the top of the steps. Hotel no good for anyone with walking difficulties.

Pool area was clean with lots of sunbeds available, didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a bed. Pool was fab as you could walk in and gradually got deeper. Water slides availabe for kids.

The entertainment team were friendly and worked hard to entertain everyone but weren't pushy if you didn't want to join in. Tried on an evening but wasn't great.

It is about a 20 minute walk into town but only 6 lira in a taxi so worth paying. Hisaronu is a lovely place with lots of bars restaurants and shops. Eating out is quite reasonable and worth trying the different restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Alison B
Manchester
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed here from 20th July - 3 Aug myself, husband and 14 yr old son.We arrived and were greeted with a smile from the reception staff even though it was well past midnight. We were immediately offered drinks whilst our details were taken and luggage sorted. We were allocated room 4503 which is in the Neptune Block and was a standard room which had a side view out towards the pool and sea. This block doesn't rely on the outdoor lift which was on occasions was out of order. These rooms are very modern with double bed and a pull out single sofa bed. The rooms are on the small side as people have commented on but for the time spent in the rooms they were fine so I personally wouldn't spend any money on getting an upgrade. The furniture in the room is fine, but could do with a little more storage space. There is plenty of hot water in the walk in shower, however the water wasn't running into the drain enough and did have a tendency to leak under the shower door but the management are aware of this and will address it. The rooms were cleaned immaculately and the cleaner would on occasions knock on to check we had enough towels etc. The towels were even laid out in lovely patterns on the bed with flowers for decoration.
Food is fantastic and there was so much to choose from. Roast beef and Yorkshire puddings on a Sunday to fresh tuna, calamari, salads and desserts that looked and tasted amazing. All were wonderfully presented. At breakfast the chef would freshly prepare eggs or omelette to your liking.
The bars and staff are fabulous always have a smile on their face and are always cleaning and tidying the bar area. The cocktails are brilliant, Bilal in the Milky Way serves great strawberry daiqueris and Bilek in the lobby bar (he usually starts just after midnight) is amazing and every time you turn around he has put another drink in front of you - great service and a great barman. When it was my husband's birthday he quickly arranged a small cake with sparklers and candles - a really nice touch.

The pool is immaculate, lots of sunbeds (even at mid day there are still sunbeds). There seems to be an unwritten rule in this mainly British hotel that unless you need a bed, don't reserve it. Long may this continue. Slides are lots of fun for children and adults!!!!!
As this hotel is on a hill the advantage is that during the hot months you can sit outside to eat or drink of an evening and you get a lovely breeze.
Entertainment team, Jimmy, Barak and Messi. They do try their best and the entertainment was getting better during the two weeks we were there but they do need to try and vary it a bit more. The evening entertainment that was brought in to the hotel was fine. Oksana who was there for yoga, water gym, step aerobics, indoor gym, stretching etc was excellent and loved showing our son how to work the gym equipment and worked out a daily programme which she supervised - well done!
The advantage of this hotel is that it's about 10 mins into Hisaronu if walking (make sure when you get to the top of the hill out of the hotel you follow the road to the left which is up a dirt hill and sign posted 'Laundry')or 12 lira(£4) in a taxi and 20 lira into Olu Deniz.
This really is a fantastic hotel, I loved every minute of my holiday and didn't want to come home. The staff really make this hotel and it's a great atmosphere. I never usually go back to the same hotel but would I go to Orka again - you bet!.
It is one of the best all inclusive hotels I have been to, hopefully it can only get better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank jkd66
Mirfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here for 11 nights from 25th July with my 12 & 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend. The hotel is lovely, especially on an evening. Very modern and clean. We stayed in the family room which had a bedroom with a double bed and living room with a double and single sofa bed. This was not what we were expecting but it was very spacious and for the amount of time that we actually spent in the room weren’t too bothered. There was a hairdryer in both rooms which were sufficient, it is the type where you need to keep your finger pressed down but it worked fine for myself and daughter and we both have thick long hair. Maids came every day regardless of whether we asked or not and we always had fresh clean towels. There is a safe in your room that you can use free of charge. The pool area is immaculate with plenty of sunbeds. You collect your towels from the reception next to the dining room about 8.00 in a morning so this does alleviate the problem of people putting their own towels on at silly o’clock. Though saying this, there is always some people who can’t go along with the system and still go down early putting their own towels on. This is something I disagree with and think the hotel need to stop this happening now before it gets out of hand. It didn’t cause us a problem but I did notice during our last 2 or 3 days as it became a lot busier that more and more towels were appearing on the beds prior to the hotel handing them out. I also noticed that some people had the hotel towels on before open time too, so they were obviously keeping them to put on the next day! Sad to say the majority were English too not a Dutch or German in sight!! The food is utterly amazing, how anyone can have any complaints is beyond me. There is show cooking every day, morning and night. Pancakes, eggs and omelettes on a morning and on an evening you are stuck for choice. Sunday there is even beef, Yorkshire pudding and gravy! There are theme nights too. There is also a snack bar situated next to the pool bar that is open from 12.00 – 5.00. I expected this to be the usual chips and burgers but there is a chef there at all times cooking fish, burgers, kebabs, chicken and fresh pizza made to order. The waffles here are scrummy especially with the ice-cream which is brought out at 3.00 by the pool bar. There is also an evening snack bar available from 11.00 but the amount of food I ate at dinner never needed to go there so can’t tell you what is available! The staff and service we received throughout our stay was always excellent. Waiters were always on hand to deliver drinks, plates were cleared away immediately there was always clean table cloths and cutlery. At busy times waiters were quick to find you a table and if necessary set with new table cloths and cutlery. The bar staff were lovely especially Bilal, Mr Bean (our nick-name) and Dido who certainly made our holiday a special one. The cocktails are lovely and Bilal was always ready to concoct one of his “specials”. I never once found any of the waiters or staff rude or off-hand. The entertainment team especially Erin and Messi had us in stitches, wasn’t the best wasn’t the worst! The walk into Hisaronu along the forest path takes about 10 mins, much quicker than walking the long way round and up the hill!! All in all had a fantastic holiday. A brilliant hotel and staff. The only complaint I have is that we had a leak from the roof in our living room that seemed to come from the air conditioning unit. This was reported twice and was not attended to during our stay. It did start to look quite damp too and plaster came off the ceiling though not a major disaster.
I was sad to hear the day after we returned however that the majority of bar staff had left and that the service in the dining rooms and bars had declined. I was going to book for next year and was looking forward to seeing the friendly faces of Bilal and company. I am hoping that this gets sorted out as it would be shame after such a positive and excellent start.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family