“real shame :{”
Review of Orka Sunlife Hotel

Orka Sunlife Hotel
Ranked #18 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was really hoping not to be a person that moaned as looking at these comments before I went to this hotel I thought ohhh shut upp!!! however... I will start with negatives..... main problems are the food... its really really hit and miss. we only stayed a week and ate out 4 nights.... the staff are lovely some are moody but I can understand because they are too overworked! one lovely man who I did not catch a name of was working from 8 at night till 12 midday and back in at 8 the next night... ILLEGAL! they were very tired and sometimes it showed. and the main problem. THE LIFT!!! one its very slow. we ended up walking up all 189 steps! good exercise! but one day a lady got stuck in the lift with her 2 children. one of the workers went to help her and something terrible happened where he ended up getting stuck. I believe the lift started moving again with him stuck and all I know is that he was rushed to hospital and there was a lot of blood! the poor lady sat in reception absolutely sobbing her heart out. HOWEVER! I can say have a Turkish bath as they are extremely relaxing and make your skin very soft and also if you get a chance to stay in one of the villas. they are absolutely beautiful with your own private pool just for the villas and your own bar which a member of staff is there from 12 o clock. all in all average holiday. I would try out other places rather than this hotel unfortunately. but each to their own :] and ladies be careful when u go into hisaranu or olu deniz strip! the men are all over you and its horrible! one man at the blue lagoon beach told me he wanted to 'watch me swim and join me naked' the same man whilst I was sitting with 3 other people eating lunch came and undone my bikini top. some men aren't very respectful I must say! good luck

Room Tip: villas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING! quieter during the day and you get your own bar!! the man that was t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kelly t
OrkaSunlifeResort, Front Office Manager at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

First of all, we would like to thank you for your valued feedback which we are taking on board and making positive changes.
Last year was our first year and we had some teething problems as all new hotels could have. We sorted them out in winter time and we are ready for 2014 summer.
We will be very pleased to host you in Orka Sunlife Resort & SPA again.
If you have any questions and requests please do not hesitate to contact with us.

info@orkasunlifehotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

995 - 1,001 of 1,633 reviews

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

May be the end of season but they are not even sorted for this year. Public & main areas are really nice etc, rooms are not good enough. They are small, bits missing, cracked tiles & dusty. Only been open 6 months! Stayed last year next door @ St. Nicholas heights and it was far superior. Family of 5 booked a villa - 3 bedrooms etc, paid a lot for it - 2 days after arrival, still crammed into 2 small rooms as villa not available. Offered 2 bed suite with leaking ceiling. Rooms not cleaned, bins not emptied - if you've been to Turkey, this is essential in the bathroom. Waiting on Thomas Cook to see what they do. Overall immensely underwhelmed

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank CRG71

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The good shower view all bar staff..Resturant is a canteen cold food not once in 2 weeks were we asked if we would like a drink.A la carte is a joke that you pay more for Indian dip was tom sauce.All 3 couples on this nite sent there dinner back.Better to and eat out for a little moreplus you are just sitting on the terrace.All in all we go on a lot of holidays this has been far the worst this year.THE STAFF on front desk are very rude.IT IS NO MORE THAN 2 STAR.Food in snack bar was freezing never again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bendybristol

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I'd like to start off by urging you all to take all the negative reviews with a pinch of salt. I'm by no means saying the hotel is perfect but it would appear some people just like to complain for the sake of it.

My partner and I stayed for a week from 13th-20th September and what a marvelous stay it was too! Firstly, the food was absolutely outstanding; by the far best all-inclusive my partner and I have ever had. There is a very wide variety to choose from and all of it cooked to perfection. And for all those less adventurous types they serve many English dishes too (even a roast on a Sunday). You are able to get food at pretty much any time of day as well (for a greedy guts like me this was a major bonus). Secondly, there are three bars to choose from and all serving lovely cocktails. Natice and her husband-to-be work in the Galaxy Bar indoors and will make you a beautiful "special" cocktail if you take the time to get to know them and have a chat.

Our room was just right for two people with a large wardrobe, hairdryer, safe, fridge (stocked with water, beer, coke etc upon arrival), lovely big shower, balcony and television. I'd suggest leaving a few Lira in the mini fridge as you may find it's not just your water that gets replenished. Our rooms were cleaned daily and the house keepers were very kind and always left fresh flowers in our room. As we went on holiday for my birthday, upon arrival to our room we found we had been given a fruit basket, a bottle of red wine and I had been given a birthday card - what a lovely touch. I can understand why some people who went on holiday as a three had a slight problem with the room size.

The pool is great and there were definitely enough sun loungers to accommodate all the guests. The water slides are an absolute must! Such fun. For those a little nervous I'd recommend the green one first as it is a lot slower than the others. We did see some idiots standing up whilst going down the rainbow slide and very nearly toppling over the edge which damn nearly gave me a heart attack.

The location of the hotel was so beautiful, set in the mountains with a lovely view over Olu Deniz. Now, this wouldn't be a review of Orka Sunlife if I didn't mention "the stairs"... All I have to say to those moaning about them, do your research and don't book a hotel on a mountain you daft sods. They really aren't as bad as they are made out to be, yes there are a few but there are lifts which - contrary to what has been said on here- worked perfectly the whole time we were there. Hisaranou is a ten minute walk away and there are frequent buses down into Olu Deniz. My partner and I went on a Thomas Cook organised trip into Fetihye which was also lovely but you won't be getting as good a bargain as you might think on things like handbags, watches, scarves etc. We ate at Zeki's Restaurant that night and the food was lovely.

I'm gonna wrap this up now as writing about our lovely holiday and lovely hotel is giving me a serious case of the Holiday Blues. If you are thinking of staying in Turkey then I would urge to stay here! Brilliant service, outstanding food, a lovely clean, modern hotel, fun water slides and a brilliant pool. We would 100% stay here again and have recommended it to all our friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lydia F
OrkaSunlifeResort, Front Office Manager at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon…

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I am currently here on honeymoon and I have to say this hotel is amazing. Food is great. Hotel staff very friendly and very helpful. Only a short distance into town and it is very good. A lot of good shops and restaurants. Overall I would reccommend this hotel to anyone. People who complain are far to easily annoyed

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Amanda-Megaw

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed at hotel from 26th Sept to 3rd Oct. The hotel is in a stunning location and very modern. The food was fantastic and so much to choose from. We looked forward to our cone at 3 pm every day!!
The staff are incredibly hard working, friendly and will go out of their way to help you. There are a few tweaks which need to be done before it opens next season but would totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank LauraAnn1970

Reviewed 6 October 2013

this hotel could be a very very good place to stay when it gets all the niggles sorted out.it has an ala carte menu you pay roughly a tenner to sit eat a nice meal in the lobby bar witch looks like a motor way services and have kids disco less then ten foot away joke .bathrooms are great apart from finishing touchs which are formicker in stead of marble.the stairs are a nightmare but you get use to them.staff were great we asked for wake up calls 3 times never got one .its got a disc and it only gets used twice a week it could be used for other things .being fair its only been open 6 months it can go either way i hope it improves 3.5/5

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends