This is a bit late as we stayed here for 2 weeks in July! The grounds and cottages of Ocakkoy are lovely, it is spread out up the side of a hill so if you have a further cottage be prepared for a bit of a hike. Worth it though for the peace and quiet and the wonderful views. The down side of being on a hill is that that the sound travels and some nights the PA system from a hotel below was very invasive with loud music, such a shame. If you want noisy and lively then visit Hisaronu! We saw tortoises, frogs and lizards, as well as the free range chickens who would come right up to the top cottages. Depending on your mobility it is a bit of a hike to the bus stop, and also very dark at night. We caught the dolmas a couple of times, which was cheap and easy. Also we hired a car for a week which helped with shopping and also to visit Fethiye, Kalkan etc. The food in the restaurant was very good and the waiters were smashing, but I gather there is now a bit of "holiday camp" style creeping in - not what Ocakkoy is about. The pool area (adult) was lovely, plenty of sun beds with shady areas. The cottages are very basic and the bathroom in ours was in need of refurbishment. Bed was ok, but there is nowhere comfortable to sit inside or out. Air con very welcome as it was exceedingly hot whilst we were there. Having the children's pool away from the Adult one is an excellent idea, and it caters for the children very well. Overall we really enjoyed the beauty and peace (mostly). The cottages were kept clean by a group of lovely women and nothIng was too much trouble for any of the staff. Special thanks to the owners who very quickly arranged the return of my left behind (!) iPad....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Those who have been to Ocakkoy once admit that this really exists. To be in love with a place where nature is still allowed to remain nature, where time seems to have come to a standstill and where a respectful attitude towards the environment has resulted in the creation of an idyllic holiday environment. The holiday village of Ocakkoy lies close to the Lycian coast, halfway between Fethiye and Oludeniz, arguably the most beautiful beach in Turkey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Ocakkoy Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocakkoy Holiday Village Hotel Oludeniz
- Ocakkoy Holiday Village Fethiye