“First time to Turkey”

Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“First time to Turkey”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went with my partner, his brother and partner and had a great 2 week break. The staff were so helpful and friendly and really help make the holiday special, the hotel is rated 4* however felt it was low 4-* as the rooms were very basic! Drawers were broken and they had a shower above the bath which is very dated also the showers kept going really hot then freezing cold constantly throughout a shower which if you had children could be dangerous, this is my only major concern about our room.The rooms were clean and fit for purpose, as we only used them to sleep in it didn't matter, the food was ok I found something to eat everyday and everything was fresh and well made, just wished the desserts weren't so strange as they all seemed to taste the same.
Tweety was brilliant and made us laugh, he was very knowledgable and helped with different queries, WIFI was great to chat with and hope to stay in contact with him, my partner got on well with Ali and the head animator, they were great fun and put on good pool games for the guys to join in with. The bar staff were great, they were very under staffed compared to the amount of guests they had, they handled everyone very well even there were those few embarrassing Brits that give us a bad name making ridiculous complaints, Fathi, Clarke Kent and flirty( my nicknames for them) looked after us and really made my holiday, nothing was too much bother for them, they were always smiling they were just great!!!
The evening fire shows were brilliant also the Olympic Games were so funny and very entertaining.
The pools were always clean though very very cold! We didn't go on many trips however did go to the market on the Tuesday I would recommend this for buying bits as the strip in Olu Deniz it's harder to haggle. All the people down the strip and around Olu Deniz were so nice and always made us laugh, they are very friendly and I didn't feel uncomfortable as I have in other countries.
I can't wait to book another holiday to Olu Deniz and would definitely return to sun city hotel, miss it already. I highly recommend this hotel and holiday package so many great memories and will be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view or adult pool view, if you have children don't ask for main pool view as you h...
2 Thank Michaela G
curlyomer, Manager at Suncity Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Our Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your comments on this platform. As you all know, our hotel used to be run by Noa Hotels for the last six years. From 2014, the owner company has decided to run its hotel. With our new logo and emblem, we created a brand new team, all young and enthusiastic. Our motto is “ Little Touches and Great Expectations”. My team and I believe, that’s what we have done so far.More and more surprises to come, to give you an exclusive holiday experience.

Suncity Hotel & Beach Club

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just got back a couple of weeks ago from Club Sun City for a family wedding. First off with the positives of the Resort. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Special mentions are the entertainment team of Ali, Wifi and Anil. Tweety was also very amusing and not pushy like mentioned in previous reviews. The servers at the restaurants were very efficient and always had a smile for guests. The food was plentiful and even the pickiest person could find something to choose from at every meal. Especially enjoyable was the afternoon icecream at the snack bar. Reading reviews from previous guests, I was a little apprehensive about what would be offered in the way of alcoholic beverages but most of our group seemed to enjoy the Vodka and lemonade and the local Effe's beer, not to mention the Brandy. The entertainment after Dinner both for the little kids (disco) and adults was very enjoyable especially the Turkish night. Just outside the Resort there are a number of bars and restaurants that offer amazing foods and from what I hear even though I did not personally go there, Fithiye fish market is not to be missed.

Not be be a negative nellie, but there are a number of improvements that the property should make so guests at the Sun City could have an even more enjoyable experience. The first major issue are the mosquitoes on the property. The hotel should be taking the necessary steps to ensure the rooms are provided and sprayed with mosquito repellants especially in the rooms and also in the common areas like the Pool Bar and the Snack Bar.

Another sore point is the condition of the rooms at the property. Being in the Industry and having travelled extensively around the world, Club Sun City is definitely over-rated. By North American standards, it is a 2-2 1/2 star property. The rooms are definitely in need of major renovations especially the bathrooms and some of the beds. If you plan on travelling to this resort in the future, please make sure you are miles away from the what I call the basement, dungeon rooms especially 402 and 403. On arrival, our room was not cleaned and this is a very sore point when you are a new guest at a Resort. A few rooms I saw had mould on the tiles and the bath-tubs especially are way too high for older people to climb into. Hopefully the General Manager Omar will take heed and make the necessary improvements.

Olu Deniz itself if very beautiful - fantastic scenery with the mountains and paragliders in the background - all in all a great experience.

Room Tip: Travellers avoid the basement rooms at all cost . The hotel does nothing to prevent mosquitoes from...
2 Thank Fiona D

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

i have just returned from club sun city which i spent a week as a lone traveller . The staff were all very helpful and attentive and nothing was too much trouble for anyone . Tweety the photographer always made me laugh . The food was good but the drinks better as was staying all inclusive . The pools were great and the views were fantastic . I stayed in room 813 which was near everything pool , bar , resteraunts . The room was ok maybe the bathroom could do with a bit of cheering up but all in was perfect for my needs . I am looking into booking for nxt year already .

Room Tip: I had room 813 which was a twin room next too main pool , bar and resteraunts
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank shazpopps

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I went there with my gf. and I believe we'll do that again. everything was perfect. my gf and I loved the atmosphere. we had beautiful dinner. I recommend this trip for who is looking peace and unforgetable moments. by the way thanks to mr. anil so much.

Room Tip: choose southest rooms.
1 Thank Ugur C

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We arrived at the Club Sun City with a lot of apprehension after reading all the reviews, as most were negative especially regarding the food & rooms.
On arrival we were pleased with our nice room & told that they had new management & the best chef!
Food was great, lots of choice, even for me as a very fussy eater! Only a downside food wasnt always hot.
Entertainment was enjoyable, different shows each night. Our favourites were Mongolian dancers & the Street/Break dancers.
lots of daytime entertainment, the entertainment team always tried to get you to join in but being on my honeymoon I was wanting to spend time with my wife which I felt some of the entertainments team took offence too & the odd time quite nasty about it.
overall we had a fab holiday & would defo recommend!

3 Thank StephenSarah2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at Club Sun City with my cousin for one week from 12th to 19th May. We arrived late afternoon and were checked in and shown to our room within a few minutes. The room we were allocated looked onto the back of the property with a view of a brick wall with trees on the other side which meant the room was very dark so we asked if it was possible to be moved. The front office manager was very helpful and although nothing was available at that time we were asked to come back the next day. The first room we were shown had been recently refurbished and was really lovely - especially the bathroom which was very modern and had a large walk in shower. Unfortunately it was a double and we needed a twin so we were given a room on the floor above our original room but at the front of the building. This was a much brighter room looking over the gardens with a view of the adult pool and gym/spa buildings and the hills in the distance.The room had one double and one single bed which I found a bit hard. The balcony was very small although all the balconies in the resort seem to be small so maybe that's normal in Turkey. One complaint - there was only one electrical socket in the whole room!! That had to be used for the kettle, hairdryer/straighteners, charging phones and iPads. Hopefully the rest of the rooms will be refurbished in the near future at which point an extra socket or two should be included!! All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly and could not have been more helpful. The food was very nice and there were always plenty of options with two choices of soup at lunch and dinner although I would have preferred these a bit hotter. At the bottom end of the restaurant there was a grill section where there was always a pasta dish being freshly made, pizzas and a grilled dish although most days this seemed to be chicken wings. My only request would be some fresh fruit at breakfast other than apples and oranges - perhaps melon or pineapple. The facilities are very good with a gym and spa and an indoor pool and although we didn't use these it was good that they were available. There were two outdoor pools and we chose to use the adults only Oasis pool each day which made for very relaxing, peaceful days. Guests can also use the facilities at the sister hotel Sun City Beach Club which is allocated at the other end of the resort on the Blue Lagoon although you do have to pay for food and drinks. There is a free shuttle bus which runs at certain along to the beach club and as we had missed it we asked if it was possible to walk. We were told it would take 10-15 minutes but it actually took 35-40 minutes each way so be prepared for exercise if you choose to walk The resort is very lively without being too "in your face". Lots of lovely restaurants and bars with a good atmosphere. Plenty of shops selling fake designer goods at reasonable prices. I restricted myself to one small handbag as I didn't have room in my case but next time I'll be buying extra luggage allowance and bringing a bigger case so that I can buy more! We only went on one trip - Dalyan Experience which took us to the mud baths and also Turtle Beach. Lunch was included in the price and unlike previous experiences of lunch included on trips the food was very good. We booked with Hamish McTurk which was just round the corner from the hotel and I would use his agency again. If we'd been there longer we would have booked the Gulet cruise and it would have cost us almost the same price for both trips as we would have paid for one with Thomson. This was my first trip to Oludeniz and Turkey and I'm looking forward to going back.

2 Thank Anniemac37

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

we stayed from the 9th may till 20th and was very pleased. first thoughts much nicer then the thompsons brochure looked with stunning backdrop views of the mountains. there was myself ,wife and 2 small children aged 2 and 4. We had a dbl bed and bunk bed over looking the play area nice size and cleaned every day. this hotel is perfect if you want everything close the park,bar entertainment, restaurant,and pools are all the same area you could stand on the spot and spin 360 and everything would be in view, perfect when you have little ones the bars did a lovely selection of drinks much much nicer quality "stonger" in comparison to some hotels we have stayed in, we loved the baileys and coffee and archers and lemonade. the childrens entertainer was lovely she really played with the kids, i think a english entertainer would be nice as well. evening entertainment was fantastic all themed one of the fire shows was a bit boring but overall the best entertainment we have ever had from a all inclusive. Food was lovely nice selection our favourite was turkish night,pancakes and the selection of deserts and salads was fantastic. the staff work hard we never had a bad experience, if your looking for a hotel thats close to the beach ideal for familys with great food,drink entertainment and as a very nice surprice a beautiful beach this is the hotel.

location : olu deniz is well worth the1.30 hour transfer as you drive down the mountain into a lovely resort its built round one long strip of shops, bars restaurants and i would say maybe over 60 eating out /bars, 30-40 shops/supermarkets there's also bowling and much more all within a 5min walk from most hotels with the beach right at the front if you walk for about 10 mins you then come to the blue lagon a beautiful enclosed beach with has no waves and lovely for small children and also pedalos. the people work there are the nicest group of people you will meet i can recommend hamish mc turk for booking your trips fantastic service so honest he didnt oversell infact he told us which trips would and wouldn't be suitable for small kids, also 2 lovely places to eat if you like big go for help on the sea frount of if you want alovely meal with big steaks and lovely compancy go to gossips its tucked away but a lovely lttle gem and finally a great attnosphere and fun dancing then shadows bar is fantastic for familys. i hope this helps

Room Tip: look around before booking trips and no lift so bear in mind if you have small children or mobility...
3 Thank cornwallhobbs