“would not go back”

Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have just arrived back from sun city, been there for 2 weeks with a family of 5 2 adults, 3 children aged 4/9/10 . On arrival they have no room for us so the first night was spent cramped in a room with a double bedfor 5 people, this was not rectified until the next day @ 6pm we arrived at 5am. The room are very basic, cramped and dated, the pool ids nice but to small for the amount of people staying there, no sun loungers so set your alarm for 6am to get one, lots of Turkish people who just push in get served 1st pay cheaper prices at the bar/ shop onsite, very rude. food basic, few people ill why we was there so take d and v tablets, pool closed twice. kids club non existent you have to stay with your kids at all times ran by 2 Turkish girl who don't speak good English, would rather be smoking in the toilet, night entertainment is kids disco for 20 mins and a show for 30mins and that is your lot every day, pool is very slippy, many kids with injuries, hotel is 1hr and 20 minute transfer, take Dettol wipes for toilet they smell so bad or urine you can even smell it around the pool this is not a 4 star hotel, staff okay, as the reviews above we must of been at different hotel or people have just had really bad holiday before cannot believ it is a thomsons hotel, needs down grading, sea salty.pedalo rip your legs, pay at the beach as all inclusive not included!!! joke don't go and take my advice if you are thinking of booking liberty hotel next door looks amazing, shops very cheap take an extra case. everybody wants a tip, arnel is great with the water polo and tweety spa and photography is amazing that the only 2 good things I have to say dining hall cramped with loads of wasps, if you like this place you are hard pushed.

18  Thank lynz524
curlyomer, General Manager at Suncity Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Dear Lyn,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel.

I am sure if you give us another chance, we will make you happy customer.

Look forward to seeing you once again next Summer.

Please contact me on gm@suncity.com.tr and let's see what we can do about your next vacation.

Best Regards

Omer Hakgecirmez
GM

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful holiday at Sun City in July 2014. The setting is lovely with a gorgeous mountain backdrop. We asked for a newly renovated room but as we had booked a family room we couldn't have one but this was fine as our room was great. The food was great and anyone who complains is mad! All the staff were really friendly and our housekeeper was brilliant (room 326). The Olu Deniz 'Strip' was 5 minutes away and perfect for some shopping or cocktails at Buzz Bar. I would definitely recommend Sun City to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank EllieOKent
curlyomer, General Manager at Suncity Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Ellie,

What a great review, bless you.

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your comments on this platform. As you all know, our hotel used to be run by a different group for the last six years. From 2014, the owner company has decided to run its hotel. With our new logo and emblem, we created a brand new team, all young and enthusiastic. Our motto is “ Little Touches and Great Expectations”. My team and I believe, that’s what we have done so far.More and more surprises to come, to give you an exclusive holiday experience.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have just returned from 14 nights at SC. I couldn't fault any of it. Our double rooms were spacious, each had a balcony with great views and the maid service and aircon were excellent. We all loved the food which is all freshly cooked with a lot of choice and some really nice touches like a fresh honeycomb every morning at breakfast. The pools are all clean and you never feel overcrowded. The private beach at the lagoon is great for children with a gently shelving sandy beach and is surrounded by open (hilly) countryside which is worth wandering around if you can manage it in 35 degree heat!

The staff are all friendly and helpful - it's a really well run operation.

Room Tip: Upper floors have good views.
2  Thank Paul L
curlyomer, General Manager at Suncity Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Paul,

What a great feedback !!!

It is getting hotter nowadays but still enjoying to give an excellent service to the holidaymakers in our hotel.

I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your comments on this platform. As you all know, our hotel used to be run by a different group for the last six years. From 2014, the owner company has decided to run its hotel. With our new logo and emblem, we created a brand new team, all young and enthusiastic. Our motto is “ Little Touches and Great Expectations”. My team and I believe, that’s what we have done so far.More and more surprises to come, to give you an exclusive holiday experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The whole site is unbelievably tidy with cleaners working tirelessly all day. The entertainment team were amazing and made days beside the pool so enjoyable, especially tutku, Ali and hazel. The food was amazing with a wide variety of different foods during every meal, the waiters were there for all of your needs and wouldn't let you go without. Overall a truly brilliant holiday in a beautiful place. p.s. I recommend that you try the paragliding.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Mitchellc97
curlyomer, General Manager at Suncity Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Mitchelle,

You have my Monday, thank you very much.

I also would like to thank every single guest for taking their time and sharing their comments on this platform. As you all know, our hotel used to be run by a different group for the last six years. From 2014, the owner company has decided to run its hotel. With our new logo and emblem, we created a brand new team, all young and enthusiastic. Our motto is “ Little Touches and Great Expectations”. My team and I believe, that’s what we have done so far.More and more surprises to come, to give you an exclusive holiday experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

everyday at the hotel we were made to feel very welcome, with friendly bar staff like, Turgay, sehmuz, nedim, alican in the day and night pool bar staff muhammet but......... best by far at terrace bar was the duo of faith and gorkem the most pleasant people I have ever met and very funny they made our holiday and I miss them both dearly. we stayed for two weeks the room was decent and could have been better for example the room cleaner came every other day and we only had one plug socket so charging stuff was out of the window. the entertainment team were amazing polina, ali, selcik sakinmaz, hazal, tutku made our holiday eventfull with events like darts ,water polo and water gym. THANKYOU GUYS xx the food was better than the last hotel we stayed at oludeniz resort hotel much better by far with more choice and better quality of food . overall I wish I could stay forever which im considering strongly as an option in the years to come. miss everyone!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Sofiiwxx7

Dear Sofie,

What a great review and what a thoughtful guest you are to mention our staff by names . Thank you very much indeed.

With your comment, we have started the week very happily.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you are thinking of going to Suncity Hotel and Beach Club for a holiday stop thinking about it and go.Just returned from a lovely 11 day holiday with my wife and my son and his family, everybody had a great time. The hotel is set in mature well maintained gardens with a "mountain backdrop " really beautiful. Our room was very good ,bathroom a bit tired (I believe plans are afoot to refurbish rooms) the air con was quiet and very welcome 41 deg temp. The food in the restuarant was exellent always a good selection well presented and plentiful the waiters attentive and funny but never disrespectful ,in fact all the hotel staff were very good. Around the pool could be busy but that was to be expected we were there at a peak time but we always had a sunbed thanks to my son (he was the designated towels on the sunbed man), the pool entertainment was well thought out and was made even more entertaining by the hotel entertainment staff . If you do decide to go to Suncity spend some time walking around the complex enjoying the gardens you will then find the adult pool which is tucked out of the way and also the small indoor pool. The hotel has its own private beach on the Lagoon which is well worth a visit and the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to and from the beach. The main resort beach is only about 5 mins away and its hard to believe the sea could be that blue ,you might need beach shoes because the sand get hot, you can also enjoy the free entertainment of watching the paragliders landing on the promenade.
We had an excellent holiday and I wound'nt hesitate to recommend Suncity Hotel and Beach Club .

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tonym1948

Dear Tony,

We will hopefully make some renovations especially in bathrooms and pool surrounds.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We returned yesterday after spending 11 nights at Suncity and all had a great time. The location of the hotel is ideal as the strip with many bars, restaurants and shops is only a couple of minutes away together with the main beach. You can also get the free shuttle bus to the hotel private beach at the blue lagoon where there are free sunbeds. It is also worth hiring a pedalo with a slide on the back.

It is true you have to get up early to reserve sunbeds but this is the norm
during high season for most hotels everywhere. The daytime activities are
great, the whole entertainment team are so friendly and always speak to you
and invite you to join in. The entertainment in the evening was good but a bit short, however at 11.30pm the entertainment team go to a nightclub in the
next resort which my son frequently enjoyed.

There was always plenty of fresh food available and the waiters worked hard to clear the tables and find you a table.

The bar staff worked extremely hard and were very friendly.

The Turkish bath is well worth the money and a great way to start your
holiday. Tweetie makes the bookings at the spa and also takes professional
photos which are reasonably priced. Tweetie is always friendly and smiling.

The rooms are basic but cleaned every day. The bathrooms could do with
revamping but I understand they are starting to do this.

There were only two negative points, the first being the Thomson Rep, Zoe
who claims at the welcome meeting to like to get to know her guests and talk to them around the pool. However we only saw her for the welcome meeting
and on the morning we left. It would have been nice to have seen her mixing with the guests like the animation team and bar staff did, and asking guests
if they enjoyed the trips they booked for which she received commission. The other disappointment was not being able to book a late check out. We tried to pre book this but were told we couldn't and that we should check on the departure morning for which we were told we could not have a late check out. Thankfully the spa was available to shower in later that day.

Nevertheless our holiday was great with a friendly atmosphere and
community spirit. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Tracey M

Dear Tracey,

Thank you very much for sharing your comment on this platform.

I can not believe how fast the time goes, we have reached to the middle of the season and I would like to thank every single guest for chosing Suncity Hotel & Beach Club for their Holidays.

I am sorry to tell you that I do not agree with you about Zoe. I have been doing this job for many years and She is one of the best ( probably the best ) Rep I have ever worked with. She had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days, maybe that's when you couldn't see her much.