“Probably the best restaurant in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yalcin Hotel

Yalcin Hotel
Ranked #39 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Probably the best restaurant in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I have read some of the current reviews and I have to agree with the writers.
I have not had the pleasure of staying at the Yalcin as I have a family villa close by, but this is my first port of call each time I visit Turkey.
I see the same people year upon year returning to this hotel, and as I use the hotel as an extension of my villa, I can see why.
The staff from Eric (Ercan) to the newest member Tina, who works In Reception they all give 100% every day.
While here in May attending yet another Turkish night Tina was thrust onto the floor to show off her moves, and encourage everyone to join her
Shyly at first but soon the Turkish dancing was flowing nicely led by Tina and the Belly Dancer, who came a poor second on this occasion.
The food here is to die for, and the cost very very competitive.
My wife and I treat ourselves occasionally with a chateau Breiand (sp) never could spell sorry....... A lovely choice beef meal
At the festival restaurant 120tl, at their sister restaurant, the Lemon Tree, 110tl at the Yalcin, 100tl and the meal is better than both the others, and better presented..
Ercan is lucky to have two very good chef's and he manages to hold on to them, something other places fail to do, so the quality of the food differs with the changing of the cook
I have never heard a bad comment from any of the guests, the fact that I see them most years is a tribute to the time and effort put in by Ercan and his staff
On a two week holiday I will eat there 4-5 times, yes I eat elsewhere, but always come back to the Yalcin.
Go on, give it a try

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank James H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I don't want to be honest, as more people will go, but I know I have too.....I've been to 4 and 5 star hotels before but the Yalcin is far better than these!!!
We booked a quick week away my daughter and I. We have never have done B&B before so was a little bit worried about what to expect, but my worries soon ended as soon as we had arrived.
We arrived at the hotel at midnight to be greeted by the owner Eric, check in was quick and we were asked if we wanted anything to eat or drink.....that's never happened before when we have arrived at this time at other hotels, so 1st impressions were good. Quickly taken to our room. Clean and basic but that's what we had thought it would be like, beds were really comfy, so no worries about sleeping.
I paid for a safe £5 per week and air con £20 for the week.
Next morning went for breakfast, Turkey style not everyone's cup of tea but it was fine for us!
We were able to get a sun lounger every morning no worries!...towels were out on some early on but still plenty to choose from.
We ate at the hotel for lunch everyday...couldn't fault any of the food all very nice and well presented. Drinks were great, cocktails were good and definitely stronger than in the town. The guys in the hotel, Robbie, Jason, Simon and all the others work exceptionally hard, have excellent customer service skills and nothing was ever a problem. They entertain you on a night too, singing and dancing, games etc too! We ate at the hotel twice on a night and this was exceptional, we would have eaten more there but wanting to try different restaurants in the area.
The hotel organised a boat trip too for £10 each including transfer and lunch, this was a fun day and Jason came with us from the hotel to make sure everything was ok!
We didn't do any other trips as we had been to the area before, but the hotel would organise these for you if you wanted, nothing seemed to be a problem at all. Each of the staff also knew everyone at the hotel by name, which made everyone feel very comfortable and welcomed!
This is definitely what I wanted complete relaxation and no hassle by the pool asking you to join in water polo etc like other hotels, this was perfect! Wifi was good too, excellent connection in bar and pool areas.
If I was to say anything I would say Yalcin please do not change anything, you provide an excellent holiday, it's a great Turkish Gem and I will definitely be back!!!!!!!

9 Thank m_fry71
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We returned on 25 July from a 2-week stay at the hotel Yalcin. This was our 4th visit to Hisaronu and can say we were definitely not disappointed. We booked a triple and twin room which were clean and spacious (triple room a little cramped for 3 people). The hotel was a 5-minute walk from the main strip, located just at the back of the fair and in easy access of shops and bars.

Breakfast was typically Turkish. Only criticism being that the hotel could perhaps provide cold meats just to vary it. Cereal would also be a good option for those who do not want to eat bread, cheese, potato or eggs.

Entertainment was arranged most evenings and we did stay in the hotel for a Turkish night which was fantastic, with various acts from belly-dancers to break-dancers. Reasonably priced too at £10 per person. The food (buffet) was great and the selection was huge! The fresh barbecued fish was particularly nice.

The lunch and evening menu’s were great, as was the food and very reasonably priced hence we stayed in the hotel for lunch most days.

There is plenty of seating around the bar area and eating area which is both open air and under-cover.

The pool was lovely and very clean. The steps down into the pool can be a bit slippy so hold onto the hand rail. Sufficient sunbeds around the pool but towels do tend to be put on early!

All in all, better than we had anticipated and a great holiday was had by all. A big thanks goes to Eric, Simon, Jason, Aaron, Ismet, Erman and Tina – nothing was too much trouble and we did have some great laughs over breakfast!

Hope to see you all next year guys!

From the Forknalls and Harris party of 5!

2 Thank Aminah H
East London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our first time to Turkey and after having read so many positive reviews on the Yalcin Hotel, decided to book it. Fantastic wonderful hotel. The staff are so helpful. Robbie, Gideon, Jason and the young lady (sorry cannot remember your name) always very friendly, polite and helpful. Eric is a fantastic host. Always has time to speak to his guests. We had one week food at the hotel and could not fault it. It cost £60 per person and was well worth it. The BBQ and Turkish nights were excellent and the entertainment was brilliant. We stayed at the Garden Apartments and the poolside was always very clean. I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE. Thank you Eric and the Yalcin family for making our first stay in Turkey an unforgettable one. Hope to see you again soon. Lisa, Paul and Kane (England).

Room Tip: Garden apartments, excellent.
5 Thank bennykane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Having been to Turkey many times and seen huge changes, it is still a pleasure to find little gems that have moved with the time but have kept there charm and individuality. The Yalcin hotel has a very friendly team of staff but importantly not over friendly. They made our stay a real pleasure and we were made to feel like nothing was to much trouble.
I would recommend the Yalcin to anyone who was thinking of visiting Turkey for the first time as I am sure there first experience of the country would leave them wanting to return again and again

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kevin H
bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

What a little gem
We had 8 days of total relaxation at this fantastic hotel , cannot praise the staff highly enough Robbie and his team have mastered the art of looking after guests and making the place such a relaxing atmosphere with there style management
Its a small hotel with bags of charm situated ideally just a stones throw from the centre of Hisaronu
The fact that most people we chatted with are return customers bears testiment that they have a winning combination
Rooms are basic but have everything you need and whilst we were there Robbie showed us some of the apartments which look great
Food was lovely too and at a competitive price as well as the drinks
In all we will definitely be back one of the most memorable holidays we have had
Well done Yalcin team :)
David & Maureen Scott

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank dav88uk
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have always had a great experience with every Turkish holiday we have been on. but the staff at the Yalcin are the best it was like home from home but with sun and rest. Robbie, Simon, Jason ,Ismat, Harry, Ramsey, Tina, Eric chef and everyone at this hotel are fantastic it is very clean the pool is great, and the town is 5min walk away and is also friendly while I was shopping the shop keeper gave my husband tea how great is that. my brother has been here for the last three years and we met him out there and stayed with him at the Yalcin. what a wonderful atmosphere from start to finish all the staff are welcoming to everyone and when we left they all came to see us off with cuddles. they all work very hard and nothing is to much for them what lovely, lovely, people thank you all for a great holiday well done. love Lesley and brendan

Room Tip: all rooms are good
3 Thank lesley m