“Great holiday just one problem”

Magic Tulip Oludeniz
Ranked #68 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed at the Magic Tulip again as we did last year.We love this place the bar is great as you get to talk to all the guests before and after having your evening meal at any of the brilliant restaurants and Jason is a brilliant host as always.
Our favourite meals were at Blue Star,Small House,Sultan Ahmet and Captain Hooks.
It was 116 degrees so spent most of the time in the pool or sea.The pool was fine and seemed clean but as always people were leaving towels on the beds overnight.
The only bad point was when we had paid £20 to keep the room as we had a night flight the cleaners were knocking at the door 10 minutes before we were due to be out then Mesut came to try to help and explained to them they were too early and he apologised to us.Then the woman owner came to tell us to get out and then her Son in reception rang and told us to get out.What a stressful end to a brilliant holiday!
We love Olu Deniz and will go again but will think about staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are best
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Whitefamily_10
There are newer reviews for Magic Tulip Oludeniz

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for 4years now. It is very much a 2/3 star hotel. Nothing fancym pretty basic but that's what you pay so what more should you expect. The rooms are basic but clean (cleaners come in everyday) and have all that you need to sleep and shower! Food is nice and not expensive, and the bar is run by Jason/Yasin who is by far the most awesome barman ever! Such a lovely guy, always smiling, very hardworking and overall very nice! The owners Fatimah, Hussain and their son Ebor are all very nice too and if you ask nicely will accommodate any requests where possible. Beach is 5min walk as is the main strip. As I said it is basic and not fancy and if that is what you are looking for this hotel is not for you. If you want basic, clean, good location for a cheap price then this is the place to go.

Room Tip: We had 308 & 309 - balcony over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The location was fantastic, Oludeniz is a lovely resort.

Upon arrival the owner tried to sell us £70 aircon and a £30 safe. He was very unwelcoming and cold. Our requested 'above ground room' turned out to be below ground, like a dungeon. Walking to our room smelt of sewerage & was vile.

The room itself was a decent size, beds were standard. The outside 'balcony' area contained one plastic chair, and a washing line, however our drying clothes became drenched every time they watered the plants! I've got about 30 mosquito bites from the mosquitos present in the room, hundreds of ants were also in our room & finally, a huge cockroach!!!!!! The shower door was hanging off, so every shower resulted in a drenched floor. Clean towels were provided twice a week, beds are made daily, if requested (with the same sheets).

WiFi, although free, had shocking connection, which didn't stretch to the rooms & was generally dodgy.

The sunbeds were completely reserved by people's towels, even if they were nowhere to be seen! So in two weeks, we got a sunbed on two occasions! The pool is fine, but a bit small and overcrowded.

We politely asked the receptionist to phone the number the rep supplied us with in order to get a transfer to Blue Lagoon. But she said "that bus is every 10 minutes" and didn't ring. So after waiting for 40 minutes, a barman over the road came out asking us what we were waiting for, he then told us you do have to ring the number & he did it for us!

There is no entertainment at this hotel, and barely any music.

On the last day, suitcases are left outside reception, after being 6785k5k5555

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 6sunshine
Reviewed 4 August 2013

myself and my partner have just returned from a holiday at the Magic Tulip. Did we have a good time? Yes. Would we stay there again? probably not as the staff look bored and jaded and as if theyve seen it all and done it all a million times. Worse still is the woman who owns it, what a thoroughly rude and miserable individual. Our room was ok tho we did request a pool view we got a road view,we werent that bothered. It was cleaned every day if u wanted but we chose every other day. Air con cost us £50 for 10 days.Safe cost £20. We were half board and as we have been to Turkey several times before we were used to their type of breakfasts and it was nice enough,boiled eggs,crusty bread and butter with jams etc also cold meats and cheeses and sometimes crazy stuff like chips reheated from the night before. The evening meal was not buffet style which was good as we picked from a fair choice off a menu and most of it was lovely. The hotel is in general very clean but I didnt understand why there was a thick layer of brown scum all around the pools, it would have taken minutes to clean and looked disgusting. Watch your bar bill and pay daily as they make constant mistakes Hmmmmm........
Finally I think the lads/barstaff look so miserable because all she does(the owner) is yell at them all day so cant really blame them. Olu Deniz is gorgeous and we will def go back but will stay with someone who appreciates our custom instead next time.

Room Tip: avoid basement rooms at all costs
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank do_karma
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Second time returning to oludeniz with my boyfriend, can't get enough of it as its so beautiful! First time at the magic tulip, arrived at midnight , greeted by friendly reception and taken to our room (309) can't express how relieved we were that we were taken upstairs (had read bad reviews about the basement rooms)anyway the room was lovely and clean and a balcony view of the pool, which was nice. The beds were a bit hard for our liking but we soon got used to them. Paid extra for aircon, £45 for the 9 nights we stayed.. That worked absolutely fine, most nights we had to turn it to the lowest setting as our room got so cold- but plenty of sheets and blankets provided. The shower was very good, we are used to going on holiday to find a shower with very low pressure, but this was really good. Breakfast was the norm for this area, bread, cheese, egg, tomato olives etc... Sometimes they had leftover chips from the night before... Bit odd. We stayed b&b as from our previous year learnt that there is so much choice around OluDeniz didn't want to be stuck at the hotel. We did pay for Turkish night at the hotel which had some nice food and entertainment, but I probably wouldn't have said it was worth the £10 each we paid. We tried to not drink a lot at the hotel bar as I was quite wary of the tab system... Which my doubts were confirmed when we came to pay tab on last night and were overcharged for drinks we didn't have.... This was soon sorted out As We queried it with staff, so luckily we didn't have to pay for those.. The pool area was okay, a little bit small, and have to admit we did put our towels down some days as we would not have got a bed if not...a lot of the guests were keeping their Towels their All day and night, which we thought was very cheeky. But you get this on most holidays. Pool water clean, but the side of the pool where the railing is was disgusting, a layer of dirt on it! But once you got over that, pool times were enjoyable! The guests at the hotel were really friendly, which makes for a better holiday.
Overall I would probably stay here again, it was a cheap holiday which was very close to the main strip and beach. We hardly spent anytime at the hotel, there's so much to see and do in this area it doesn't really matter what the hotel is like ! Thanks for a nice stay..

Excursions - booked turkish bath, 12 island boat trip and dalyan mud bath with Hamishmcturk - 5 stars
Transfers- sarpedon tours
Best restaurant- buzz
Best bar - shadows/njoy/small house

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel has a superb location, just 1 minute from the beach front..
The rooms are good size and clean, but it was very hot and they didnt give a bed sheet to us to cover at night, so we need to use the bed covers which were a bit heavy and hot
the breakfast was a comedy, with something that they call cereal but looks like leather and not cake or sweets at all, only bread and jam, butter and cooked egg!
I think the lack of woman working in this place make things look a bit tired and they dont care much about what people think and if they will come back or not

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andreia J
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I came back from this awesome hotel the thing that the rooms are very clean also people who R coming to this hotel that when U eat in the magic tulip be carefull where U see ur bill they double it even know my mum had soda water they double it and its tough to handle there is so many shops outside its amazing also beware people will say to annoy U to eat at there restaurant its annoying anyway the staff are jokes lol the swimming pool is awesome I done my frost drive in coz I have to be carefull with my nose but never agian but I tryed it meet 4 friends and been fantasic been lots of trips been jeep sarfi drag show boat trip house riding Turkish bath Been the best thank U all to make me a wonderful time it wil be my last buy got more hotels to explore U know magic tulip will allways be the best hotel for me even there this turksih night bellydancer and fire show I showed the bellydancers want I really do so I dance and everyone was cheered for me and said that I have to be the bellydancer . Well the thing is im only a teenager but have a amazing family and learned alot of being a Turk im pound THANK U HAHAHAHAH LOOL LOVE U ALL FOR MY SURPPOT been the best

• Stayed: July 2013