“Take a risk... We did :)”

Akdeniz Beach Hotel
Ranked #55 of 121 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I really hope this review helps because some people seem really petty to me. Me and my partner stayed 20th June for 2 weeks. We had a large family room double bed and bunk beds it wasn't a newly refurbished one but no faults at all, towels changed every day and cleaned and bedding every other day also no problems with water or shower. Onto the food yea fair enough it was quite repetitive but you could always eat something, we ate out most nights because of how cheap it was to do so!! If you want 5* variety meals pay for a 5* hotel... It's simple. The location is fantastic 5 mins to beach 2 mins to the strip of bars and restaurants and transport links straight outside the hotel to take you to markets and hisaronu which is a really good night out. The pool area is big and well maintained and the staff were brilliant!! Really do miss them, all you need to do is talk to them and get to know them and they will do everything to make you happy and will really look after you, the managers are friendly and will have a laugh with you also. The entertainment was ok no complaints there and we went on the strip to a bar anyway after it finished at 11pm. We took a risk on this hotel after some bad reviews and I'm so glad we did, olu deniz is the most beautiful place in turkey and it has everything for everyone all ages. 6 island boat trip and jeep Safari is a must :) had such a lovely holiday and thanks to this hotel we stayed in for 2 weeks we have made friends for life! Can't wait to book again xx jessica and Adam xx

• Stayed: June 2014
10  Thank Jessica881

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have just come back from spending a week at here (JULY 2014)
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Ignore anyone moaning about the food. The food served here is mainly traditional Turkish food but they do have a selection of English type foods available. If you are prepared to try the MANY different things they have on offer you will, as I did, enjoy the food. As per a previous comment I read, I hear a couple of moans but again always saw their plates stacked high with food !!!
The Staff are very polite and very friendly, some of them have limited English but there is ALWAYS someone there who can help. The music is varied throughout the day and evening.
The pool is immaculate, floors are cleaned every evening, empty glasses / plates are cleared away instantly. Not too much chlorine in the pool which is nice :)
As for the location, you are located just on the edge by the mountain, sun is there most of the day. It is remarkably quiet considering the location. It is a 2 minute walk from the beach. Above all I felt safe and incredibly looked after.
TOP TIPS:
1) Don't change your money up before you go as you get much better rates there !!
2) Don't sign up with the rep as you can get just as good deals around the town - If not better.
3) If you are going on a boat trip, get yourself over to Fethiye (As one of the bars just up the road from the hotel to recommend the best travel over.
4) DO talk yourself into the Paragliding (Re-Action or Sky Sports) Are the best ones
5) Buzz Bar on the Seafront do THE BEST Salmon / Swordfish and many other dishes and not that expensive.
6) Finally - Explore the area and never take the first price someone gives you ;)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Scott C
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I spent a week here End of June, start of July 2014.
The food is lovely. It may not be to everybody's taste, but it was very tasty, fresh, and varied. It is traditional Turkish food, a lot of salads, cold meats, veggies etc. I heard a few people in the hotel complaining, but these are the same people that piled their plates up with chips when they were available.
Let's be honest, this is a very fairly priced hotel. The food won't be 5*. But just because it isn't processed junk doesn't make it horrible. The breakfasts were particularly nice; cold meats, cheeses, breads and jams, spicy sausages, eggs, yoghurts and fresh fruits. What more could you want?
The rest of the hotel is great (again, for the price!). Clean and simple rooms, good size, lovely staff, nice pool, and such a great location! Only a couple of mins walk to the beach and all the bars. Would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RaeBee88
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Another sitting by the pool of the Akdeniz Hotel review and whilst I'm enjoying my holiday it's not because of the quality of food or family entertainment.
This hotel is clean, but past it's best unless you have one of the newly refreshed rooms. Food is poor in terms of choice and quality. I don't want British food, but I do want variety and good food. I say this based on staying at other hotels in this resort.
Pool is good size with nice kids area and is kept really clean. Entertainment is quite poor and none organised through the day except for a daily game of pool volleyball. Shame really, better food and entertainment and you would be happy to put up with dodgy showers, broken lights and surly staff.
Great little resort with really great quality places to eat and recommend which is why I come back.
Have a great holiday.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get a better room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sunnydays247
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We visited oludeniz in june 2014 the weather was awsome not a cloud in the sky for the 10 days we were there, the hotel we stayed in was ok, the room we had was very big and spacious the shower was pooh and the water couldn't make its mind up hot...cold...hot...cold, the staff were quite friend and my daughter made a friend who worked there by the name of Gamze very nice girl, now on to the food..with us being all inclusive I expected the food to be better. The breakfasts were horrible as were the dinner's, we actually went out for breakfast and tea a couple of time's which I wasn't pleased about but I couldn't stomach the food. The machines for tea coffee and water and juice were either broken or empty the machines looked like they needed a good deep clean. All in all if it wasn't for the weather and the friendliness of Gamze the girl that worked there I would say dont stay here, if you do dont expect alot from the food.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a lovely place,Just the right size for me. It all inclusive too ! Great pool area, plenty sunloungers. ALL The staff wer fab allways really friendly and helpful. 2 min walk to the beach and a few more mins to the lagoon. The area is stunning. I did hear a few complaints about the food but if you want british 'bacon an Eggs' go to Blackpool !! I was well inmpressed with it especially the Turkish night .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DebsDay
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is disgusting food absolute rubbish staff very pleasant. I would not advise anyone planning a trip to this hotel.I have returned today after spending one week, I would not be returning to the hotel the place is beautiful weather very hot, suited food was disgusting every day. We fully inclusive but we had our meals out food was that bad

Room Tip: Not at this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple