“Enjoyable holiday”
Review of Alize Hotel

Alize Hotel
Ranked #26 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks. On arrival was a bit disappointed thought the hotel was a bit small, compared to some others we have stayed in,soon changed my mind when I realised a smaller hotel makes it easier to mix with other guests. Met some amazing people that we are going to meet up with again.
All the staff were friendly and polite and work really hard from morning till night.
Hotel was spotless and rooms are cleaned every day.
Food is what you would expect in an all inclusive, need to remember that when booking an all inclusive we can't expect the very best dining on a budget but everything was well cooked and replenished when needed. All inclusive drinks side let this hotel down with the only spirits available being vodka gin and raki. As a brandy drinker I was a bit disappointed that I had to pay for this.
Location is excellent for a stroll to the beach passing a lot of shops and places to eat and drink. Lots of para gliders in this area.
Best place for a meal and entertainment we found was shadows bar. Dancing on the bar and in the street by all staff. Amazing, male version of coyote ugly.
Be careful who you book trips and excursions through. We booked a trip through "bloody gorgeous"on the strip they picked us up from our hotel to see a show but the driver failed to turn up to return us to our hotel after the show and we had to get a taxi. On going to see them the driver said he got drunk and didn't realise the time. This tells me that had he realised he would of picked us up whilst under the influence of alcohol !!! Avoid this operator.
A must see whilst in turkey is the show Talk of the town. Not laughed so much in a long time. We would definitely return, best holiday we have ever had.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Maria H

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I totally agree with 198BARBARAV. Glad I didn't have any children with me never saw anyone doing any kids activities. Food was the worst I have ever seen, everything recycled, had bbq everynight because it would be hot and freshly cooked !!! Maybe I have been spoilt with inclusive holidays before, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Although the hotel stepped up the game when the owner visited on the Thursday night. The area is so nice and lots to do. If I ever go back to Turkey ( probably never) I will not be going to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EdithAitken
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed in the Alize in Sept/Oct.

The Hotel itself very nice, kept clean, pool always clean. Friendly hotel, met some lovely people, but its downfall with the quality of the food.

Very very disappointed with the Food especially at nightime. It was very poor. The chicken/steak on occasions was very poor. Not a lot of choice for people and more than often cold. On quite a few occasions food which you had had served at dinner would be made into something else for lunch the following day or even the following nights tea. There was no-one (ie. Chef) overseeing the food, so if they had run out of chips you would have to ask one of the staff to tell the chef. There were many people in the hotel whilst we were there with the same complaint this was not an isolated problem. They had mentioned this to the Thomas Cook Rep, but to no avail.

The other thing which was unusual there was no brandy or whisky on the All Inclusive, which we have never known before. We have never been on an All Inclusive Holiday and people have actually brought their own duty free to the table at the bar.

Overall we felt cheated. We will not be returning to this hotel nor will we recommend friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank catwomenmanchester
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Alize hotel is the nicest hotel. The food has different variety and is very nice, if you don't enjoy the hotel food there is many places down the strip you can go and eat. The maids clean your room everyday and make sure it is tidy. The staff are extremely friendly and always have a smile on there faces, they always offer to help you get you a drink. The entertainment team is fantastic always putting on good shows for guests to enjoy, activities around the pool and the Animation girl is always there to look after your children and make sure they have a good time. You couldn't fault this hotel with its friendly staff and brilliant service I had a great time and Will be back again :)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank billiejane18
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I came to the alize with my family in 2005 and have been coming back every year since. Rooms are of a good size and very clean.each Containing a telly with a large variaty of channels. There is a large variety of food for everyone and the snackbar is open during the day aswell. The staff are lovely from ahmet in reception to all the waiters and bar staff. They will look after you and make sure your holiday is great! The location of this hotel is perfect being only 200 yards from the Strip and a 5-10 . minute walk to the beach.I would trully reccomend this hotel and would say its the best hotel in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank keeleighChristina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Me and my friend went to this hotel for 10 nights between 23 Sept and 4 Oct 2013. The hotel is well presented, very pretty from the outside and the rooms were modern although a little small but perfect for the two of us. The room was very clean.

The rest of the hotel is nice as well with a large swimming pool (with water flume :). The bar area and restaurant is also on the small side but very nice and clean. As far as the food goes we went all inclusive, not a great choice as compared with other all inclusives I've been too, but on the plus side each night they had a bbq which was very nice :). There wasn't much choice with the alcoholic drinks. Milkshakes and cocktails are not included in the all inclusive. The staff are very friendly especially the entertainment team, Jefferie and Afro! In fact they made the holiday! The bar staff were also great especially Jacob who always made us laugh!

The hotel is in a great location just 200 yards from the main strip but although its so close you cannot hear any noise and the hotel itself is on a quiet road.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which apparently have been recently renovated.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wallv
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Just got bk from 2 weeks holiday this was our 5th time here in 5 years.
The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings and a short walk to the strip and beach.
The hotel is lovely and clean rooms cleaned everyday
Good food
Great management team throughout the hotel
Entertainment team were amazing this year with Jeffrey,afro and tuce they always came and said hello and shake your hand making you feel very welcome the comedy shows were so funny I even had to help them with a couple of shows it was amazing and I've made good friends with these people they are a credit to the hotel.truce the female entertainer also did the children's disco at night before the main show and sat with kids during the day on the grass helping them do some colouring and other bits and bobs.
Mike who is the masseur is quality I had my 1st Turkish bath and I would highly reccomend it
Ahmet who runs the shop is the most kindest man I have ever met always willing to help.
All in all this hotel just keeps getting better and better and I will be back again next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family