“Would not recommend this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Alize Hotel

Alize Hotel
Ranked #15 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
“Would not recommend this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have just returned from a family 7 night stay. Our initial greeting from reception was poor and rude. This attitude continued throughout. I had to get up earlier than I have to on a working day just to get a decent sun bed! On a positive the cleaning and pool staff worked very hard and did a great job. The food! What was not eaton during one meal was created into something else for the next. The food was usually cold! Very limited choice. My son lived off rice and bread during the week as poor selection for children. Very dissapointing! Many other guests were eating outside of the hotel due to the poor selection and quality. We did not do this as we were not prepared to have to spend money on food when booked in for an all inclusive. Water- you were given one small bottle of water in the fridge. We only had 2 bottles despite there being 3 of us. You have to make the bottle last all week by refilling from drink machines. Entertainment - very repetitive and very poor when manager had 2 days off. A lot of the staff in the hotel choose not to smile of interact with guests. All in all we will not be recommending this hotel or returning in the future.

8 Thank Michelle K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for 11 nights all inclusive, previous to the holiday the reviews were so good i couldn't wait to go, however a few things people forget to tell you!!!

You need to be getting up at 6am if you want a sun bed, that's not just getting up and putting towels down, it involves sitting with them for an hour, due to a rule stating no towels down before 7am! However if you wait till 7 there is none left!

During the day until 7pm drinks get served in dirty plastic cups you which you wouldn't even let your pet drink from. Food is good however repetitive.

I hate to say this but the hotel attracts a lot of rude English people, whose plates are piled so high at dinner it was a job to know whether they were going to eat it, or climb it!!

However on a positive, hotel is situated in a great lactation, very close to the shops and beach. Great courtesy bus to seahorse beach.

Also do not book paragliding with a company called Gravity, rude sly men who overcharge and lie, (epically curry haired bob) don't consider any health and safety aspects what so ever!

This was my 5th visit to turkey and by far was the worst hotel.... Never a 4 star hotel but does have a few good aspects.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Laura M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

recently back from another lovely holiday in Turkey. this time staying at the Alize. my family and i found the staff nothing but helpful and polite especially young Sehim and Yurkan (excuse the spelling). They even took time to teach us a few words in Turkish that we used to thank the cleaning staff with. this went along way as most of the staff have very little English. The entertainment staff were great and we never encountered any rudeness from the staff or any flirting with our younger guests. We did however encounter some English guests being very rude to the staff and even demanding chips be severed at every meal time. For goodness sack we didn't travel all the way to turkey to eat chips!!! in fact the food was lovely, especially the freshly cooked eggs at breakfast and the option of freshly cooked food outside every evening. Yes the food can get a bit repetitive but there are so many restaurants along the strip to choose from and not at all expensive. i agree that the dinning room got busy but we used to sit at a table at 7pm (dinner started at 7.30) and would stay until 9/9.30. we were never rushed and there were 8 in our party. in fact the staff used to bring tables together for us.
Yes we were getting up early to put towels on sun beds but I've only not done that when holidaying in the uk and it was nice to lay out and doze before the sun came over the mountain. all in all an excellent holiday and will be returning next year to the Alize. The Fairheads

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jazzdog01
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Would recommend this hotel to families, couples . We traveled as a family myself ,husband two sons aged 28-22 and their girlfriends and child aged 13 and my mum aged 70. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff very friendly , rooms lovely and clean, food excellent different every day and plenty of it , snacks and drinks available throughout the whole day until midnight . Amazing trips out organised and booked through Gravity which is based in the town. We did paragliding, quad biking, Blue lagoon, horse riding, 12 island boat trip ,water park and jeep safari probably one of the most amazing activities I have ever been on met some fantastic Turkish people on all trips and in the town. Beaches beautiful all trips very good value for money .

1 Thank Daniel W
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have been coming to Olu Deniz for 12 years and usually stay at the same hotel but I chose the Alize as it was all inclusive, though I was planning to eat out most nights, and because I have a child aged 6 who needs entertaining!

Well, first impressions; Reception staff - Ahmet and Yusef - made us feel very welcome, laughed and joked with us and made us feel at home. The Manager also introduced himself and made sure we were happy with our room. Very polite and professional. Made you feel safe and a valued guest.

The hotel is clean and spacious and has the most amazing surroundings, beautiful gardens, mountains and of course blue skies.

Our room had a double bed, a single under the window and bunk beds. Air conditioning, TV, fridge, large wardrobe, safe, small balcony and a niced sized bathroom with a shower. (no. 214). It was very quiet and we only had 4 stairs to climb and were near the pool.

The pool itself was clean, quite large and has a water slide open 3pm to 5pm. This time was ideal as when its used it has a lot of activity and is exciting for the kids - also this time of the day isn't as hot.

The staff who entertained us were all fun and happy souls. They could do with a new microphone though! We laughed alot. Lots of different activities all day for adults and kids. There's something for everyone. If you don't want to join in, you don't get hassled so can just chill out on the sunbed.

The All Inclusive food was superb. Breakfast had a vast choice which I was surprised at as I wasn't expecting that. Even fresh omlettes or fried eggs cooked in front of you. Lunch was fab. Fresh salads galore or hot food. Dinner was exceptional although I like to eat out in Olu Deniz so only ate there 4 out of 9 nights. BBQ food, sushi, salad......

My son who is 6 can be quite fussy eating but he ate handsomely. For breakfast he would have pancakes with chocolate sauce or scrambled eggs on toast. Lunch - he would have grated carrot or cucumber with plain chicken and chips/wedges or chicken/ham/cheese rolls. Dinner he would have lamb or beef (not in the sauce) with potatoes or rice. He also liked the fresh watermelon available.

The dining room is clean, the staff are friendly and helpful. There was always a table available.

There is a snack bar serving ice cream, chips, pizza and burgers from 3pm to 5pm. Personally I don't like fast food so I liked the fact it was limited and knew my son couldn't scoff ice creams all day that could make him sick!

The bar staff outside were quick and poured a good measure. I recommend the effes or vodka and diet coke! The ice was fine and didn't make us ill. There was water available all day that you could help yourself too which is great for the kids.

The whole team at the Alize work hard and it shows, I really enjoyed myself at this hotel and will return.

There is unfortunately one thing I need to moan about, the sunbeds. If you didn't get a towel out by 7am then you had no chance of getting a sunbed. Usually only half of them were used all day anyway???!!! It is sad because its the holidaymakers not the hotel's fault - although we complained and were told they were trying to remedy the problem. They have tried notices and time restrictions but it hasnt worked yet.

So I would recommned this hotel, its central to everything and we all had a great time!

2 Thank Sarah S
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Alize Hotel. The hotel has beautiful surroundings, a clean pool and there are plenty of hotel facilities to keep you busy such as the gym, a beauty salon and on-going entertainment throughout the day for both adults and kids.

In terms of food, there was usually a decent selection to choose from, particularly in the evenings when they BBQ/fry dishes outside the restaurant.

The waiting and serving staff were absolutely lovely, all were pleasant and polite and loved to have a joke with you. The nicest thing is that several of the staff like to address people by their names and so you feel particularly welcomed, rather than being 'just any guest'.
Reception staff were always helpful when we needed their help with anything.
Bar staff were also friendly and efficient, they are also fun and quite frequently start dancing when a song they like comes on. The bar could host a better selection of alcoholic drinks as the range is very basic at current.

Our room was cleaned everyday to a very good standard - this included bed change/made everyday and towels changed everyday also.

Unfortunately, sun beds are a problem and you do need to get up very early to secure them for you and your family/friends. If the hotel did stick with the 7am rule, I expect this would sort the problem. Setting an alarm to get up at 6.15am to secure a sun bed before they all rapidly disappear isn't the nicest way to spend a morning.

Overall, the location of the hotel is perfect - less than a minute away from the very top end of the strip and only just over 5 minutes away from the beach.

The hotel affiliates with a beach situated on the blue lagoon. This is called seahorse beach. Seahorse beach is fabulous, with a lovely restaurant and water sports available at a fair price. There is a free bus provided to take hotels, like alize, to the beach and back everyday. I would definitely recommend taking out the kayaks there, as you may even see some wild turtles down the far end of the blue lagoon like we were lucky enough to.

We thoroughly enjoyed olu deniz and our stay at alize hotel. Like many places, if you are nice to staff then staff will make a special effort to ensure you feel at home. Thanks to all the alize team, look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jaz768
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

True account of the Alize Hotel.

Before leaving for our holidays I am always on trip advisor reading the reviews and for this hotel they were outstanding and could not wait to go. I am about to give you a fair review of this should be 3* hotel at best. Let me break this down for you.

We stayed at the hotel between
25 July 2014 - 8th August 2014

Rooms: Very clean but in areas need repair, we had a broken bed and a shower that was leaking over bathroom floor but to the hotels credit the bed was fixed same day, shower never was. Shower towels were also a problem, either never left enough or they would not get changed some days until early evening.

Swimming Pool: Very Nice and kept very clean can not be faulted. The sun beds on the other hand were a nightmare you had to get up at 6:30 am to reserve them ( this to me is not a holiday) and even when you did other people would take your beds or umbrellas when your back was turned. The management was even allowing staff to take money and put towels out on behalf of other guest this needs to be Stopped!! The slide is only open for 2 hrs a day between 3-5pm and we felt this should be open all day and guess what.... the ice creams are only supplied between you've guessed it, 3-5 whilst the kids were on the slide, coincidence? I think not.

Dinning Room: if you can get seated outside of an evening it's very nice but seeing there were 6 in our party this happened once in 2 weeks. With in the dining room this could only be described as an old fashion Pontins or a cafe. The table cloths were never changed after tables were used, they were only dusted over so if you were late in to dinner your table was dirty. The food was of very good quality but the choice was very limited and was cold and never replenished unless asked. Breakfast become very monotonous with no choice yet again. I must say the true gentleman that does the eggs and omelets at breakfast was by far the nicest member of staff in the hotel, in my opinion he should be running the hotel.

Bar: Staff I found could be rude depending if they were having a good day or not. What I found most rude was if I was being served and a Turkish guest approached the bar they would stop serving me and attended to their order. Disgusting!! The drinks are very limited mainly beer, wine, vodka and cocktails which you have to pay for unless your young and blond you would get them free (not a joke) and the water was warm and tasted disgusting. The music in the bar area was inappropriate they allowed the bar staff to plug in their phones and the only music played was heavy dance music with very explicit word such as mother F***ker in the lyrics. This is not family music you want to hear when I am sat with my 11 year old daughter.

Staff: as previously stated other than the true gentleman and the night manager they were all young sleazy men approaching any girl including girls of 14/15 I even see them pouring water down the girls cleavage at night this must be stopped.

Over all the grounds are lovely the area is nice but would not return to this hotel. If your thinking of going to Turkey I would recommend trying the Sun City Hotel which is just around the corner and very similar to the Alize Hotel but without the negative points.

Stayed August 2014