“Fantastic Hotel, fab holiday...will be booking for next year!!”
Review of Turquoise Hotel

Turquoise Hotel
Ranked #14 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 21 June 2011

4th time in Olu Deniz, 1st time at Turquoise Hotel. Travelled with my husband, dad and 2 children. Great hotel, good daytime and evening entertainment, hotel staff worked very hard all day. Hotel rooms were good, any slight problem as dealt with straight away. Hotel dogs were not a problem (my daughter is scared of dogs and she loved them) made some good friends lots of memories all in all a fab holiday and will be booking for next year. Thankyou all at Turquoise Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Turquoise Hotel

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed at the Turquoise hotel 13th - 20th June and have to say that the reports of overbooking should not be overlooked when booking your next holiday. As a party of 4 (two couples) we arrived at 17:00 on the 13th June on a Thomas Cook package holiday.
We made our way to reception along with another 2 guests and waited while they checked in, during this time 6 further guests from Thomson holidays also arrived in reception and checked in at the same time as our party. These six guests were all checked in before us and the reason why was soon to be revealed. The friendly receptionist asked if we were friends or family and if we all got on well together before he stated " Will you help us out WE ARE OVER BOOKED" we only have one room available will you all share it " this was not a joke he meant it.
After a lot of complaints and protest he came up with the bribe i will give you a free safe key, an upgrade to the a la carte restaurant for one night and late check out. A safe key is £1 per day and A la carte is a £6 upgrade an offer we had to refuse.
The receptionist was asked many times to call Thomas Cook for me in order to sort out this mess but time after time he refused. We went into the bar to talk over our options and soon had the hotels customer advisor ANNA approach us, without introduction she had her say on the matter but was way out of her depth when she was put on the spot as to what the hotel was doing to help us.
We all returned to reception at 19:00 and the situation remained the same we wanted the 2 rooms we had booked they offered us 1. After a heated exchange the receptionist finally let me call Thomas Cook the advisor spoke to the hotel on another line and relayed the conversation to us. When he ended the call to the hotel he stated he was very sorry and would try and find us another hotel but it might take a few hours to arrange plus transfers etc. We spoke at length to him and reluctantly agreed that we should make do with the room on offer and start our holiday the next morning. Leaving to go to my room i was asked if i would like to apologize for my behavior !!!!!!!!
We met the Thomas Cook rep the following morning and during a conversation with another guest we all got a shock when he stated that the hotel had moved him to another room at midnight as he was not happy with the first one .
The hotel management was advised by the rep that if this room was available at midnight it should have been offered to us and not to someone who already had a room.
The hotel gave us to rooms that morning and Thomas Cook £160 compensation.
We spoke to other guest during our stay who told of problems with over booking but the situation i came across when checking out will be hard to beat, a young couple at reception had luggage marked just wed etc "it was a honeymoon trip" not that the receptionist was interested in this when he told them that the hotel was OVERBOOKED.
I offered some advice to the young girl who was close to tears, to which the receptionist commented is it your problem. NO TURQUOISE ITS YOURS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: A room is a room. The problem is getting one...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Twoooeight
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Turquoise Hotel from 3rd-17th June. When we arrived we were shown to our room which was an attic room, I asked to change rooms as there's no way I could have stayed in it for 2wks as kept banging my head of the roof as so low and you couldn't stand up properly to have a shower cos you would bang your head. We got moved to another room the next day (Block 5 room 522) I was delighted with this room as had a fantastic view from the balcony of the pool and paragliders and patial sea room, also the room was lovely and spotless.
I was very sick on the 2nd night and and I put it down to what I ate at lunch time in the hotel as I didn't eat anything anywhere else, and it really put me off eating in the hotel the rest of our stay so I was really wary what I was eating, I am not a fussy eater at all and will eat anything and like to try new things, but I thought the choice of hot food in the evening was terrible and didn't look very appealing at all, and I usually love eating all the salady food, but I think it was coleslaw that was lying out that made me so sick, so it put me off even eating the salad choices. There was nothing suitable at dinner for children, the only thing was chips that they would eat, they didn't even have nuggets, pizza or something like fish fingers for them. It was just as well the snack bar during the day did things like burgers, chips, toasties and spaghetti, but when I did eat there if I ordered a toastie, when it was ready he would give it to someone else even though I ordered it first, and it was never toasted properly as cheese not melted, on one occasion I asked for spaghetti and that's all he handed me and I asked where the sauce was and said they ran out, so told me just to put ketchup on it, I just told them to forget it. We did eat at the a' la' carte restaurant one night and have to say the food was lovely, we both had steak which was lovely and it cost £6 each for a' la' carte.
The juices, coffee etc was good, but didn't think much of the alcoholic choice of drinks thought the vodka was awful, the gin was ok and my husband said the beer was ok, it would have been nice if they even had baileys and a couple of cocktails to choose from on all incl but if you wanted brand names and cocktails you had to pay for this.
Overall I would definately stay at this hotel again, but only on a self catering basis, I knew I was taking a chance booking here as it is the first year they have done all incl, but I feel that we wasted our money being all incl as didn't take full advantage of eating here all the time as didn't care much for the food, if I was to come back to Olu Deniz would definately go self catering, as there is lots of lovely restaurants to choose from and it is cheap to eat out. Overall I really enjoyed Olu Deniz, thought the hotel itself was lovely, but not the food.

Room Tip: Best rooms in Block 4 or 5.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ness23
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Just got back from a ten day stay with husband 3 kids aged 6 5 and 7 months , my brother and dad aged 74,
Arrived early morning after a gruelling flight and coach with kids and babys very tired and grotty lovely smilling friendly person on reception showed us to a lovely large room basement right at front of hotel double bed 2 singles and cot, smelt slightly damp but space more than made up for it , large bathroom shower hairdryer ect bit dated but did the job , fridge in room with bottle of water , brother and dad didnt do to good as suppose to have 2 single rooms ended up sharing as over booked till morning were given a lovely loft room room with flat screen tv large balcony and leather settee, next day were given 2 lovely new looking rooms and safe deposit boxes were given free as an apology for sharing ,
lovely big hotel clean no dog pooh or mess as previously read in pass, The two dogs for me are a liability they do leave you alone but on a number of occasions they were sprawled in front of paths and came down to our door which freaked kids out and they are very LARGE also on a few occasions they had a fight with each other which was scarey as one time i was carrying my baby and one nearly ran straight at me being chased by the other so not too keen think there an accident waiting to happen ,
Pool lovely clean and large no slip mats so very slippery one accident resulted in child in hospital smacking head notm ine though !, take beach shoes.No beds left to sit on after breakfast youd have to get up at thecrack of dawn to secure a sun bed its pathetic we witnessed towels left untouched all day on beds very selfih people , hotel does say theyl remove them but they dont ,
pool snack during afternoon burgers chips pizza cheese toasties all very good especially for kids as there is absolutly nothing for them at night apart from chips chips and more chips , the food in the evening is lovely for the first 5 ish days lovely selection of salads rice spicy cous cous lots of things drenched in yoghurts fresh bread and a few dishes of chicken beef or fish all covered in herbs spices etc nothing that kids would readily put on there plate though mine mainly ate chips bread rice chicken if it wasnt to spicy , so we did eat out on a few occasions , breakfast were good lots to choose from there , ice cream served one hour during after noon bit tight but most a i i understand do this, Staff on reception very friendly but behind bar and in restuarant i found them a bit miserable compared to other hotels in olu deniz,
my dad had problems with his toilet continuing to flush all night so he went in reception every day to get it sorted they were straight on it sending some one round but they never managed to fix it through out the ten day we stayed !
we had a lizard in our room for 2 nights again they were straight on it to remove it which was nice as kids were scared of it ,
Girls had there hair plated and flowers put in in the hotel hair dressers as they were quite cheap dont bother they fell out within 2 days and were very messy looking paid a bit more down the high street and there still in now,
Entertainment team are good work hard and our friendly evening shows are worth watching very good ,
rooms cleaned every day thought the towels were fresh every day but went in whilst maid was there and all they do is dry them over the wall and put them back for the whole ten days , also sheets are the same throughout your stay as we had a stain from one of the kids on a sheet and it remained there all holiday !!

NOTE FOR PARENTS TRAVELLING WITH BABYS
The chemists all sell baby food wipes nappys and baby juice
so does azda which we found generally cheaper
the supermarket on the corner by the beach sells danone baby water which is sealed and suitable for babys we did still boil it with travel kettle which you can purchase from azda there for 2 pound if you dont already have one,
babys milke they sell most shops is aptamil in powder form and some sell small cartons, the chemis at the top on the left sell sma its in a small blue and gold tin and costs about 9 pound so very expensive, nappys they sell prima which is pampers there own ones are fine they also sell johnsons wipes which are expensive there but i found there wipes very fragranced baby food and juice is either hipp or there own make from 4 months my 7 month old took to it fine , Theres isnt any baby changing facilitys out there we managed with a changing matt in the pushchair even in restuarants just did it near the loos no one said any thing , going through airport gatwick ask you to open half your milk to taste we ordered loads to pick up from boots airside which turned out a fab service , on the way back through dalaman i took 6 cartons they took one look said fine its for baby so didnt have to taste any or baby food ,
all in all brilliant holiday very nice buzy hotel would stay again if the price was right but have definatly stayed in better hotels in olu deniz

one last thing I MISSED THE BEAN BAGS its a shame there gone just not the same sitting on a bench or in a bar bring them back i say :) counting the days till we return again

5  Thank jazzybabe
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Our party has just come back from 10 days at this hotel, Having previously read the ratings on Trip Advisor I went there with mixed views. But when we got to the hotel any apprehensions I had was found to be not warranted. The hotel reception was clean and tidy, the staff were very welcoming and we had no problems with check in. We were taken to our room which was right by the reception and yes it was a bit tired but it was clean and tidy. The walls of the rooms are a bit thin and several times during our stay we were woken up in the night by crying children. When we explored the hotel complex we were greeted by the hotels guest co-ordinator Anna. She told us about the hotel's facilities and explained that if we had any problems just find her and she would do her best to sort them out as quickly as possible. Fortunally we never needed to do this as our time as this hotel was a very pleasant experience.
We had our meeting with our tour rep Sally the next day, she was very informative about the facilities and who we should contact in case of emergency. During the week my husband had a problem with his eyes and the information she gave me about the chemist and the doctor was much appreciated.
The rooms were cleaned every day, all the staff were very friendly, the food was nice but if you wanted a change there was a very good A la carte Resturaunt on the premesis, the twiced our party used this resturaunt we were more than pleased with our meals, the steak and lamb was wonderful! If you wanted just a burger or some chips they served these in the afternoons which pleased not only the children but us adults too.
There was free icecream served daily, only one gripe they ran out of the strawberry quite quickly, hotel more strawberry if you wouldn't mind.
The pool was very clean and tidy and had pool games for the children and adults too on a daily basis.
There was entertainment every night, live shows such as turkish dancing, fire dancing, mini disco for the children, movie nights which are held on the grassy area. These were popular with all the guests. This finished at round about 11 o'clock but if you wanted to go out to the bars they are not very far from the hotel.
If you didnt want to stay at the hotel all day the hotel runs a shuttle bus to Seahorse Beach which is located by the Blue Lagoon. There is no entrance fee to this beach and if you are wearing your all inclusive band the sun beds are free. There is a very good bar/resturaunt at this beach with very friendly staff. This beach is used by all ages, they have pedal boats and canoeing available. The water is very clean and you can see lots of fish, the occasional turtle, crabs and two very friendly ducks that like any sort of crisps, don't be afraid if they come to your sunbed and try and nick your crisps , feed them and they will wander off quite happily.
If you feel energetic the walk back to the hotel does not take too long, 20 mins at a leisurely pace.
The hotel was situated at the back of the resort, but not too far away from any amenities. Within the shops there are lots of places offering day trips and paragluiding for the more adventerous. We booked a trip on the Valcan 4, with Donny Osmon, The day included stop offs at various islands lots of stops for swimming and dinner provided by the crew. We had been on a trip like this several years ago from another Turkish resort and was very disappointed, this trip was totally different the day was excellent everybody enjoyed the day and the lunch was better than we expected, you had to pay for drinks but that was expected as that is the norm on all trips in Turkey.
The are lots of bars along the sea front there is everything from places just to eat or there are the karaoke bars which offer a "sing for your drinks", you sing and you get a free cocktail, which is very popular.
The beach is very clean and there are lots of sunbeds, shops offering drinks and clean toilets. You can sit on the beach and watch the paragliders coming in, they land on the beach front, if you are walking along keep an eye out for these they might take you by surprise although they do shout to warn you when they are landing.
Overall our holiday at this hotel and resort was a very pleasant, hassle free time. There are many things that I have not included in this review and I could go on and on. Yes I would go back to the hotel and yes I would recommend both the hotel and the resort to others.

8  Thank Russell S
Reviewed 18 June 2011

4th visit to this hotel. Last 3 times B&B ,first time ever AI anywhere. As usual staff very good, hotel spotless, food might not suit everybody, but outstanding value for money.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ragrut
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Having visited the Turquoise many times, I would like to add my experience to that of the many others.
Myself, my daughter and granddaughter, holidayed from the 24th May and I returned on the 14th June 2011. I was delighted yet again, with the total commitment of all staff, to ensure that I enjoyed my holiday. The manager, Shine, was warm and welcoming, listened to any requests of guests and ensured any oversights were rectified. This was done with genuine commitment. Bar and restaurant manager, Osman Parca, continues to be warm, and efficient. He wants the best from staff and listens and acts upon requests and comments of hotel guests. He goes out of his way to ensure that your holiday goes without a hitch.
Ramazan the chef, provides excellent meals, this is now an all inclusive hotel, and it is therefore difficult to cater for everyones taste. There is an excellent choice of meals, and it offers an excellent vegetarian choice of foods, which is not always found in English hotels.
The housekeeping is second to none. Cleaned rooms, fresh bedding and towels on a daily basis are greatly appreciated.
Bar staff and pool bar staff work hard at ensuring that you are served quickly and efficiently.
Ana the inimitable guest relations person, was a very positive member of staff, she to, ensured any requests were dealt with immediatly and solutions sought to calm anyones anxieties.
This hotel inot only welcomes children, it includes them in conversation, makes the holidqay as much about them as it does their parents. A positive for me, as children are so often overlooked in some countries.
The disabled guest is welcomed and assisted, there is now a pool side disabled toilet, a new addition to the site.
Children with disabilites are very much looked upon as a blessing and not chore, for me this was heartwarming.
I believe that this 3/4 star hotel has in fact got a great deal to offer to everyone. Sadly, some believe that they should expect 5 star quality for 3star charges. Wake up and smell the coffee. I have visited the hotel on numerous occasions, I have witnessed many changes and many improvements. Would I go again, certainly, have booked allready. Thanks Turquoise, for a fabulous holiday. Rosie Palmer

Room Tip: blok 4 gives a good pool view. Gardens lovely.
8  Thank RosieP63