“Great hotel fab entertainment/food be careful of falling over!”
Review of Turquoise Hotel

Turquoise Hotel
Ranked #14 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We are a family four 2 children 7 and 5 and my son has Autism so it was important to get it right on holiday.
We really had a lovely time at Turquiose, the staff are lovely especially Serenna looking after the children in kids club. Entertainment is fantastic and the team! Fire dancing, folk dancing, bbq night, kids disco............loads of fun activities around the pool. Shop and hairdresser by pool. All inclusive great for kids especially if they did not like it. Food was great lots of choice cakes amazing!!!!!!!They do take your food away to quick in the restrant tho....bit annoying!
Be careful of slippery surface around pool. This is an issue in most hotels but there was a step which i felt was unsafe in the day as table and chairs too close to see it various people fell down it including my daughter who smashed her head had to go to local doctor who took us to hospital in ambulance but luckily she was ok. As long as you have insurance I found the medical staff English speaking at doctors and hospital very nice and very clean!
Mini golf tennis table tennis great local shops for fake stuff!
Beach near hotel too ruff and stoney must go sea horse beach blue lagoon make sure it is sea horse as you dont pay for sunbed if you stay at this hotel. Fishes swim around you. Can get free bus at certain times we got a cab 10-15 lira there and back very quick but arsey drivers and dont in cab with wet clothes they wont take you I did this because sun was autistic.
Free ice cream 1 hour a day thought would not be enuff but was ok with lunch snack bar and cake in the afternoon!
Met some lovely people there and paid extra on last night to eat on terrace.
Did no excusions.
Must try Turkish massage bath on site!!!!!!Amazing £20 in English 1 hour turkish foam massage and all over massage!!!!
Water sports for adults in day........cleaners very good!!!But hate the fact you put your pooy tissue in bin instaed of flush maybe wash your bum in shoer in room lol!!walls thin can hear people going toilet next door and smell sewage in bathroom at times even if you have not done anything!!
Double bed really not comfortable but very clean and clean towels sheets everyday.
Long way from airport but Thomas cook really good and great at stanstead and turkish airport for special assistance with my son you need to book that in advance tho.

Over all well worth a visit
ps 2 dogs are around the hotel as pets but they take no notice of you and they are cute

Room Tip: Dont get an attic room. We had prearranged a ground floor apartment by email as my son has Autism a...
3  Thank hayleyp822
There are newer reviews for Turquoise Hotel

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Have just returned after 2weeks,have had a good holiday,only marred by two Turkish weddings on consecutive days,although we paid for full use of facilities myself and many other guest were disgruntled of the fact we were unable to use grass area for nearly two days to sunbathe on, hence all guests were squashed around bar area and around pool,the music from the weddings drowned out the music around the pool bar on the two nights making conversation very difficultThe rest of the holiday was very good,food plentiful,plenty of choice,all staff very polite,our cleaner (block 6) was great always a smile on her face . I have got to compliment sexy boy Ali,April,Ronaldo and Sabrina who entertained us ( not pushy tho) ,we used the Turkish bath several time and had lovely massages thank-you to Turgay and the masseurs, and finally thank-you to Martin for taking photos for us they are going to be looked at on many occasions reminding us all of our happy stay at Turquoise. Sorry forgot to say a must if visiting Turquoise a must to do is use the free bus shuttle to Seahorse beach for a glorious sunny day on beach and even better a sunset dinner on beach well worth

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 9geordie
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Turquoise Oludeniz in Aug 2013. We were there to get married on the lovely Kidrak beach. This hotel is the best all inclusive I have stayed at, we had a party of 24 staying at the hotel aged from 3 to 74. Everybody loved the hotel. The choice of food is excellent for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The all day snack bar was brilliant, I only went to lunch twice while I was there as the cheese and onion toasties were great. The staff at the hotel including management, entertainment staff and cleaners were all extremely helpful and courteous. Special mentions for Osman the manager for sorting out swiftly a room issue for my parents and upgrading my partner and I to a superior room. Ozzy the barman who was brilliant and took the time to introduce his family to us on his day off on the beach. The entertainment every night in the Amphitheatre, preceded by the mini club disco for the kids was excellent. acrobats, fire shows and comedy had everyone entertained. The rooms were great (unless you get an attic room in the reception block). The location of the hotel is perfect with a 5 minute walk to the beach through the shops on the main strip. The hotel runs a free shuttle bus to one of the beaches on the blue lagoon and you get free sun beds. The sun beds at the hotel are usually all taken unless your an early bird. People were out there at 5am. This didn't bother me too much though and the mornings I wanted a subbed I found that you probably got one if you went out at 7.30am. All in all, a great hotel to stay in. Our wedding was brilliant and we had an amazing stay at the Turquoise. We likes it so much, we have booked again for next year already.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank TimDuffy
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Fantastic family holiday made extra special by the excellent entertainment crew and hotel staff. Plenty to occupy the kids(ME) during the day including crazy darts,ping pong,zumba and fun pool games. Ali,April and Eren really are a credit to the Hotel and were all looking forward to seeing them next year. Having several fussy eaters and one vegetarian, eating abroad is always a worry however we all found there was always something for everyone. Breakfast was probably the kids favourite due to the freshly cooked pancakes. Shops,bars/restaurants are a short walk away on the way to the beach. Loads of day trip operators on the strip with whom you can get some great deals, including the paragliding which my wife and I both loved. The Hotel Turquoise is set in a stunning location with the mountains all around and is one of the prettiest places I've been to. Made several new friends whilst there and I believe the Hotels modest size really helps the whole holiday feel more personal. Rooms were basic but adequate and the Air-con was a must with the Temp being Hot Hot Hot! Would recommend the Turquoise to all especially as were returning next year, something we've not done before anywhere else.

3  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We've returned today after staying 2 weeks at the Turquoise (2 adults, 2 children aged 12 and 10) and the temperatures reached somewhere in region of late 30's early 40's (easy) it has been extremely hot!!!!
As a Trip Advisor regular, I always like to read the most recent reviews before leaving and have to admit, we were slightly worried. We booked through Thomas Cook but flew OnurAir, which was an experience in itself. We found that prices are slightly more expensive than other airlines we have flown with in previous years to Turkey, not sure why.
We arrived late afternoon and checked in to an extremely small room (no. 706 in block 7 which is the reception block). All of the beds were side by side with no room to move around, plus one wardrobe between us all and no decent storage space. If it had just been me and my husband then no problem but as we had booked a 'family room' we expected more space but credit to the front desk, as soon as we asked to be moved we were told that if we returned the next day at midday, then we would be offered something else. We returned the next morning to make sure we would be offered an alternative room and they confirmed yes, we would be. Sure enough we went back at midday and the lady on reception showed us one of the attic rooms (block 2 - no. 227) which we were happy with as we aren't too tall so this suited us (even though we did bump our heads a few times) and it also included a 'round bed' which we laughed about having read some of the previous comments, but it wasn't so bad, at least we had plenty of storage space for everything. The comments about the sunbeds is right, but my other half is an early riser so we got beds most days around the pool but they did ask you not to put out your towels before 7am and an announcement would be made by the entertainment team at 10am but I never saw any towels being removed but then we would get down for around 6.40am and like most other guests, sat on the beds reading, etc whilst the breakfast opened, however, this did seem to change as we were leaving because on our last day you could have still got beds as late as 9am. Be aware, the sun doesn't reach the complex until around about 9am so if you like the early sun, it's already quite hot by the time it comes over the mountain side (something I hadn't read in any previous review).
Food seemed plentiful on our first evening in the restaurant, but personally I thought the choice was poor plus there was a wedding taking place on the grassed area so we thought perhaps this affected the choice but as it was our first night we weren't sure so stuck with it.... at breakfast there appeared to be lots of choice, you could have freshly made pancakes, fried eggs or omelette, plus toast, beans, mushrooms and the usual choice of cold meats, cheese, fruit etc then we used the snack bar which was open from 11am until 5pm, then on our second night we thought that perhaps things would be better but they were not.. another wedding meant that the grassed area was out of bounds and again the evening meal seemed to be limited plus there were lots of flies and wasps. These were a particular pest each day buzzing around the food but appeared to be normal for the waiters, etc so they ignored it but when you aren't used to it, it can make you quite nervous plus we witnessed a little girl be stung under the chin whilst we were eating one day, which my children found quite upsetting......... I think fine mesh or mosquito type nets around the main eating area (as it's open air) is a must for the hotel to consider as not everyone is comfortable eating with the local insects. In the restaurant most evenings would be fish, meat or vegetarian so always something to choose from but I also would have liked more choice on the hot dishes as it appeared limited. I've stayed AI before in Turkey and have had more options in the evening so this was disappointing which meant we ate out some nights but the local restaurants and take-away places are cheap enough.
We did plan on trying the a'la carte but never got around to it but heard some nice things about the quality of the food.
The Mosque did affect our sleep - each morning at 4.50am or thereabouts.... I managed to sleep through only 2 mornings but did have several brandy and coke the night before so perhaps that's why!!! The beer (Tobourg) was a little weak we found and very bloating! Only other options were wine, vodka or ouzo.. everything else was payable.. cocktails not included (shame).
Entertainment was good, like other reviews have said, if you don't wish to join in, you aren't pressured to take part but the kids and we enjoyed most of the daily activities taking place around the pool each day and if it wasn't for the entertainment team it would be quite a boring day! Good work by them all, they work very hard.
Sea horse beach was a choice one day, the buses run each hour up until 12pm and so we asked reception to call for the last bus of the day at 12pm and it was very nice but extremely hot as there was little breeze, plus the first bus back was 3pm so as it was such a long walk, you were stuck there for 3 hours minimum in the heat which mid-day can be unbearable but we hired a pedalo for 20 lira for an hour (very reasonable) and cooled off on the lagoon which was great for us to take pictures, swim, etc. The only down side to getting that first bus back at 3pm, there seemed to be a lack of organisation and it was a free for all being first on the bus. Us brits are supposed to be gold medallists at queueing but even though we had been waiting patiently in line for over 30 minutes, that went out of the window when the bus arrived, it was a frenzy and were forced to fight our way though the crowds of people to make sure we got that ride back to the hotel!!
The beach-front is great fun - head straight down the strip from the hotel, across the main road then keep going until you reach the front and turn left (it's a little less crowded) but we found it was lacking sand so can be hard under foot so just take care otherwise, the kids loved it, getting stuck in the surf, sometimes being thrown around they thought is was very funny but again, be aware as the current can be strong we just took towels and rented an umbrella for 6 lira but if you want to you can hire beds as well.
All in all we did enjoy it but doubt we'd be returning... we only chose it initially due to cost, we found that other resorts in the area were just as expensive to stay B&B or SC so for the extra cost we considered it a decent choice for the price but having spent so much on our only annual holiday this year it was slightly average in comparison. Each to their own!

Room Tip: if you can handle the height restriction, we would suggest getting an attic room - you benefit from...
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just came back from this hotel after staying a week. Overrall, great holiday! Hotel is in a fab location, about 2 minutes from the top of the main strip and maybe a 10minute walk from the main beach. There is a free bus which collects and drops you off at Seahorse Beach (just ask at reception to order) which is beautiful and definintly worth a visit. Would highly recommend booking for in for an evening meal at the bar there.....meal right on the beach at sunset, with the beach laid out beautifully. The hotel food was really nice, vast amounts of salad and cold options at every meal but only 4 hot dishes (usually 2meat/fish and 2 veg dishes). Personally I'm not a huge salad lover and would have preferred more hot options but I definitly didn't starve and the food that was available really was beautiful. Rooms were clean, our beds were really uncomfortable though! Didn't sleep properly for a whole week and at times tried sleeping on my lilo! I've never slept on such a hard bed!! Other members of the party I travelled with had no complaints about their bed so maybe it was just ours! The staff were all lovely, most didn't speak much English but were still friendly and politie- the animation team worked really hard to make sure there was plenty of entertainment available for adults and children but you don't get pestered if you don't want to join in! Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Katietatieh
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was our first stop at the Turquoise Hotel and we had a fantastic time. The hotel itself was kept spotlessly clean and our rooms were cleaned everyday. The food was incredible as there was always a massive selection to choose from. Once a week there is a BBQ on the grass which took them hours to set up and it was absolutely fantastic. My daughter has a very severe peanut allergy and the were a lot of phone calls and emails sent from Thomas Cook to the hotel and we were told that she would be able to eat there with no problem. When we go there we spoke to the chefs and they told us what she could and couldn't eat. They knew exactly what she could have and the restaurant manager, Ersen, asked us on several occasions if everything was ok with her food. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. The entertainment was good and the entertainers were funny but they didn't push you to join in. The 2 Alsatians, Johnny and Tony, were lovely and just lay around in reception in the air conditioning! You can go and put your towels on the sunbeds at 7am but if you want a sunbed, you had better be quick, because they go very fast! The hotel does a free shuttle bus to a local beach called Seahorse Beach (a private part of the Lagoon) and you get free sunbeds and parasols there. We took a trip to the lagoon, however I would recommend going to Seahorse, as at the lagoon there was hardly any room and the sunbeds were very expensive. It was very hot when we went in August, reaching 50 degrees one day. It was ok though as you could just go for a swim if it got too hot. It was a wonderful and relaxing holiday and we hope to return to the Turquoise soon.

3  Thank Jo W