“Great value.”
Review of Hotel Turk

Hotel Turk
Ranked #59 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was my first time staying at the hotel, I was traveling with some Turkish friends who had been here a few times before. The place was clean and it looks like it had undergone renovation sometime in the last couple of years as everything looked freshly painted and my room (top floor) had nice tiles with no cracks.

I read the hotel guide in the room and it warned not to drink the tap water. Shame I hadn't read this before brushing my teeth. Turns out I was fine so I kept brushing my teeth with tap water and had no issues. The hotel guide also warned that if you just got a tattoo please bandage it before sleeping in the bed as you will stain the linens (I laughed that they needed to say that, guess spur-of-the-moment tattoos are popular in Oludeniz).

The room came with no toiletries including soap, which I found a bit odd. I wasn't fussed as I had brought my own toiletries anyway but for people reading this bear that in mind.

Sleep was comfortable, and I had no problems with noise. It was late in the season so I didn't use the air conditioner (which apparently costs an extra 4 Pounds Sterling a day if you want it turned on).

I think my two Turkish friends were the only non-Brits staying at the hotel. Everyone else was British, and I don't think I met anyone who hadn’t stayed at this hotel multiple times. A hotel must be doing something right when all of the guests are “regulars” who keep coming back. The bar by the pool seats at least 20 people and even though it was close to the end of the season some evenings it would be hard to find a seat. It was pleasant chatting with the various guests and getting tips on what to see in Oludeniz.

The owners and staff were always very helpful. For example we had driven down to Oludeniz and parked in front of the hotel. The traffic police issued a warning ticket so the owners moved their car as far up the short driveway as they could so my friend could park behind them. My friend then left his car keys with them if we were going to be out all day in case they needed to move his car to get out.

Location was good too, maybe 30 metres from the main pedestrian street and maybe a five minute walk to the beach.

Summary: clean, friendly, nice atmosphere, decent location. Good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Qatarskeptic

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is what I would describe as a cheap and cheerful hotel. Very good value, about three minutes walk from the main beach (but would recommend taking a bit longer walk and going to Blue Lagoon end, not so pebbly or shelving). Although we were late arriving due to flight delay, Hussein cheerfully cooked us wraps and chips at 11pm, very much appreciated. Nice, hard-working people. We were probably a bit of a disappointment to them as we like to be out and about during the day and try different restaurants at night so didn't spend too much time in the hotel, just used it as a base. However, the food we ate there was very nice and there was always a sunbed round the pool if you wanted one. Staff were always around and very helpful. Bedroom was basic (not that big and with no drink making facilities) but clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. Sheets and towels were changed every other day. It was our first time in Olu Deniz and we had a great holiday. Would book the Turk again as it is relatively inexpensive and ideal for our type of holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool look nice but are nearer the bar and the street so don't know how noi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Annb21
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was our first visit to Olu Deniz and the Turk Hotel we went here because we met family who were staying here. We arrived at 12.30 pm and our luggage was immediately taken to our room. We had a lovely stay here and as everyone else says Lily and her staff are so welcoming, my daughter and her friend are both nursery nurses and was talking to Lily's daughter and said they would like to see a Turkish school so Lily arranged for them to go with her dad when he took them one morning so thank you for that Lily they really enjoyed it. I can understand why people go back here also the location is really good

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank susie57
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Turk Hotel family run. So clean everywhere you could eat off the floor . Food great always served with a smile . Lily & Hussein are a husband and wife team also lilys mum & dad are always in the background doing their bit and the staff are second to none.see you all again next year .......

2  Thank Carol23ann
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Just home from 11 wonderful nights at the Turk Hotel, Lily and her family and staff were second to none in helpfulness and friendliness , you were made to feel more like a friend than a guest. Our room was kept spotlessly clean and the food was of very high standard (especially the home cooked chips lol) not much more to be said except brilliant people brilliant hotel and would recommend to anyone. Thank you lily and everyone

Room Tip: We had room 109 which had the sun on our balcony all day
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janone77
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We have holidayed in Olu Deniz many times and stayed in over a dozen hotels, but this was our first stay in the Turk.
We arrived after midnight, and were warmly greeted and welcomed by all.
The rooms are typical of all the hotels in Olu Deniz, a little on the small side, with a small balcony.
You would need to be young and in love, or on honeymoon, for both of you to get ready at the same time without having an argument!!
The hotel revolves around the square bar were most people congregate and socialise, you have to interact with the people sitting next to you and with the bar staff.
The majority of guests seemed to be regular visitors and they all seemed to know one and another, this may be the cause of earlier reviews about cliques, but the hotel must be doing something right if people keep booking to return.
Breakfast is typical Turkish fare but you can buy an English or butties if you require, the hotel menu is very good, and the food is of a good standard.
The drinks are a little pricey, but the exchange rate is good at the moment.
Having a fridge in your room is £10 per week, the safe £10 per week, and A/C is £28 per week
The bathroom door handle and the hair drier were broken in our bathroom we notified the reception desk, and both were repaired within 30 minutes - excellent service.
My wife had taken a diamond ring to get the stone setting re-arranged at a local jeweler (who we sponsor) when she went to get the ring she could not find it, and assumed she had left it at home. A couple of days later we went back to our room after a day out and the ring was there on the top of the dressing table , the chamber maid had pulled the dressing table out for cleaning and found the ring had fallen down the back of it - again excellent service and honesty.
We had already booked a different hotel for a holiday next May, I am now going to change the booking and re-book for the Turk, see you all then!!

Room Tip: book a room on the second floor
1  Thank Mike5727
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Have just returned from 2 fantastic weeks at the Turk Hotel. Cannot praise Lily and Hussain enough. Arrived late due to the Cosmos transfer drive getting lost on the way but Hussain offered food if we needed it. Were given a garden room which was lovely but as we prefer to be higher we spoke with Lily the next morning and were moved without any fuss whatsoever. What followed was a great fortnight at the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. it is easy to see why people return here year after year(this was our second visit). Even bumped into some old friends we first met 3 or 4 years ago.....Ollie and Tanya if you read this....no more raki!!!!!! We would certainly recomend the Turk and are in fact making plans to return in June 2014.

3  Thank tim b