“A little gem”

Ranked #56 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

having recently visited the turk hotel yet again I find it hard ,no impossible to believe the review submitted recently the family this person is on about were not all coloured so don't you think some-one in their group would have picked up the vibe if there was any racisim from staff ? As for Lily&the staff policeing . the no food or drink policy what a load of bull. Many is the time we have fetched things from local super market &been greeted by Lily or staff with the words" David you know not to fetch things into the hotel" quickly followed by get them in the fridge before they get too warm.would you go to a restaurant and take your own food &drink I don't think so. this familyrun hotel make you feel like one of the family which to me is priceless&humbleing .considering some of the crap they have to put up with from us the holiday makers they still manage to get up after a few hours rest and welcome you with a smile and joviality.the rooms are cleaned every day towels changed daily. the gardens &walkways always immaculate showers are so powerfull you end up getting a massage food as always tasty &plentiful plus it is not expensive as the odd person have said before you get 4* treatment for 2* prices.how you can get totally different reviews during a given period is beyond me. roll on sept cant wait to get back .MISS this place so much

Room Tip: most of the rooms are simeler in layout pool rooms are somewhat bigger(family rooms)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank keltosh444

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Back in Olu for the 4th time this year and spent most of my time at the Turk (our family went to Olu, half of us stayed in a different hotel).

The Turk is the most welcoming and friendly place I have ever been! All of the staff members, even the cleaners, are hilarious and can't do enough for you. The guests at the Turk tend to be really sociable and everyone sits around the bar chatting which is lovely.

Rooms are really clean and well maintained as is the rest of the hotel, drinks and food are great price and quality. The pool is nice to float around in and every now and again you can play water polo etc :-) location is great as you can't hear the noise from the strip but you're less than a 1 minute walk from being in the thick of the nightlife (although be careful of Shadows I'm told)

Also - in early 2014 my dad visited the Turk alone and was taken ill during his stay. Lily and staff were very sympathetic and helped him get to the hospital, and made sure he was well for the rest of his holiday.

Considering I didn't even stay at the Turk hotel I was welcomed as if I was a part of Lily's family and will be coming back again and again! Love to all the staff and thank you millions for your hospitality

X

5 Thank Mkilbey
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Turk hotel is one of my favourite places in the world, the main reason for this being every single lovely member of staff! Lily (the manager) can't do enough for anyone and the bar staff have the sense of humour you want when going to Olu.. Not sure why on earth there are any bad reviews!

The food (especially pancakes) is fantastic and price is low as usual in Turkey! Cake time is the best time of day where the boys come round with fresh locally made cakes and desserts. The rooms have been refurbished recently and are all lovely and modern, bathrooms are also much nicer than you'd expect from a hotel abroad. Location is great as you're in the middle of the strip so can venture out at night but the Turk bar is lively enough if you want to stay for a few drinks. The Turk is constantly cleaned by the lovely ladies and is spotless. Pool is great for everyone including families.

Take any bad review with a pinch of salt as some guests definitely tend to be slightly overdramatic and expect the Ritz!

1 Thank Mary B
gloucestershire
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am writing in regard to a review that was written on the 12th July. I was at this hotel with my family at the same time as the ethnic people and there was certainly no racism against the holiday guests actually they where having a wonderful and had spoken to them!!!! As for the staff making gorilla noises at them this is just ridiculous in all the years that I have been going to this hotel I have never heard any racism of any kind all the staff have a laugh with everybody. Lily the owner absolutely loves children this is what makes this hotel so popular with families, she has even babysat for some parents while go and have a meal on there own, do you really think that any parent would leave their children with her if she shouted at young children and made them cry - I don't think so do you! When we were there 6 of us lily would always get sun loungers for us as she always has lots of spare ones stacked up at the back of pool so never any problem getting a bed. Lily her staff and family cannot do enough for you when you stay there they are kind and very caring. I do not understand why someone would say all these things when they are untrue just look at 99% of the other reviews to see the truth about this fab hotel.

11 Thank shar69
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a standard room with twin beds as our children are young! One would sleep with us and the other one requires cot. We have been told before we even arrived, they would charge us even though many places don't charge under 12s.

No drinks allowed from outside it seems you obliged to spend all your money there!

Communication emails were abrupt not very helpful or friendly! It seems owners are more interested in the money than customer satisfaction!

Definitely AVOID!!!

Stayed July 2014
7 Thank YeldaMugeJames
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed in numerous hotel in Oludeniz, and this by far was the WORST! I highly recommend you read the negative reviews in regards to this hotel before you book, you will see a common theme and I can assure you people are not exaggerating.

The management at this hotel are beyond rude. And the racism we witnesses towards black people during our stay was absolutely disgusting. The bar manager (I think his name was Sam?) actually made gorilla noises when any of the black guests moved from their loungers. Never in my life have I witnesses such disgusting behaviour. The staff at this hotel made us feel extremely uncomfortable and unwelcome.

The management also police to hotel to the extreme in regards to the 'no food or drink from outside the hotel allowed'. If you, even by mistake, bring a half empty bottle of water in, expect robe screamed at, and by scream, I am not exaggerating. This happened to my 6 year old son with his fruit juice, the management literally screamed at us, in front of all the other guests, making my son cry, and me feel extremely embarrassed.

Also do not expect to have the luxury of lounging by the pool. There wasn't enough loungers for guests, not even by a quarter, even though I was up at 6am every morning, every lounger had already been covered by towels. It was completely ridiculous.

All in all, the staff completely ruined our holiday and in all my years I have never stayed in a hotel this appalling. My advice - AVOID! There are so many lovely hotels in Oludeniz for similar prices (if not cheaper) definitely book elsewhere!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, don't come here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank Sarah S
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Not my 1st holiday to Oludeniz but my 1st holiday alone and to the Turk Hotel. Upon arriving, was given a choice of which room is like to stay in. Never been given a choice before. Chose my room, dumped my case then headed for the bar. Lily made me feel so welcome and introduced me to everyone round the bar. She looked after me for the whole 2 weeks and nothing was too much trouble. Most of the guests come back several times a year and I can see why. Small, friendly hotel with brilliant owners and staff that will keep you in stitches throughout your stay. Food was amazing especially if you're a big eater. Everything fresh and well cooked. Room was cleaned and fresh towels every single day. Hotel is located just off the strip and 5 minutes walk from the beautiful beach. Miss the hotel already, I'll definitely be back next year. Thank you Lily :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo