“Amazing.hotel....amazing staff......” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 50 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
somerset
“Amazing.hotel....amazing staff......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We went again to taner...2 years following....I can't believe some of the negative reviews.......the main ones about Rambo.....he is the most funny charming person we have ever met on our 15years of travelling abroad...we have never had as much fun as we did this year..we met a group of miners (welshies). Melvyn,,shrek. And others ..you know who you are.....(hope you had good boat trip). Demmet . Good luck with your new family to be.....there is nothing...not one thing negative I can say......except.....Rambo. You have to practice to be quicker with the tea/coffee !!!!....till the next time........greg and Maureen warren......

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kylem

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Our 3rd stay at the Taner and it gets better every time. We've made some wonderful friends while staying here. The staff are great especially Rambo and the gang. Rooms are adequate food is excellent, pool is always clean and plenty of sunbeds. Some reports have said some of the staff are rude this couldn't be further from the truth, they are a great bunch.

• Stayed August 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Myself and a friend stayed at this hotel for 10 days at the beginning of September. We had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the garden on the first floor, it was clean and tidy with a great shower. The bed I found to be far too hard for me and I didn't have a full nights sleep for the whole of my stay there. But the noise of people coming back to their room after a night out, slamming doors and being less than thoughtful of others who were trying to sleep really annoyed me. The food and service was good. I can't fault the location either, it was close to everything you need. Rambo is very good with the returning visitors and with people who spend at the bar. I wasn't either, so I wasn't worthy of a conversation! The six island trip is worth the money, we had a great day out, although it wasn't islands, more like coves. But it was a lovely day all the same. The best place to go for a meal was Anfora. Excellent food and service. You also get the free 'puffy' bread and dips - nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chrissie2905
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in September. When we got there we had been given a basement room. The room was great but with a 4ft wall and a further 3ft grass verge for a view, we wasn't happy. We asked to be moved and they were very helpful in doing so. The rooms were basic but clean. Breakfast was good, but basically egg, toast, cereal and fruits. The main food was great value and great tasting. All the staff were happy to help. Rambo the bar man was ok, but he did pay far to much attention to regulars, and his voice was a bit tedious by the end of it. But look past that and he is a great guy very cheerful no matter what time of day/night. The hotel is in a great location for everything. Would I stay there again? Yes.. Would I choose/want to stay there again? No. Its a great place for a cheap last minute holiday.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ScullKandy
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here on the 26th August till 9th September 2013 and loved every minute of it. When we first arrived the room they tried to give us was too small as there was three of us so we asked demet at reception if we could change and she took us to room garden 1 and it was the best probably as we could leave our air con on because we didn't need to leave the key in for electricity. Rambo was so funny everyday we laughed with him. It's right by everything round the corner from the main strip! The food is lovely as well and cheap and I am a really fussy eater! If your planning on booking it say go for it definitely !!!!!

Room Tip: Garden 1 or on the second floor!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My partner and I have returned to this hotel four times so far, as it is so friendly here. Ignore reports of rude staff members as I have never seen any of them be anything but helpful and friendly. This must be one of the cheapest stays in olu deniz and they have everything you need for a comfortable relaxing time. Some people expect way too much. We paid under £400 each for two weeks and I absolutely loved it. If you don't want it too hot at nights I suggest avoiding August . We preferred the end of May as really hot days but cool at night. The food is really good and affordable on a low budget. There are plenty of bars and restaurants all near by. The whole area is beautiful . I would recommend the 12 island boat trip from the harbour if you only want to do one as the ones from Olu beach are quite boring after you've done it once. I strongly recommend you shop around for any excursion. The prices from your reps will be extortionate . (They want £100 for paragliding which I got on the beachfront for £ 45 ! ) food and drink prices do vary in the season but it is pretty much the same as England. Visit Hissaranu up the road if you want a drink as this is a lot cheaper. Olu Deniz is turkeys poster resort so prices are slightly higher, but if you want to sit wining and dining overlooking the beach watching paragliders landing at sunset you can't beat it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1971bloke
folkestone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for two weeks from the 19th Aug to the 2nd Sept. Here is my honest opinion. The rooms are basic but adequate and cleaning is ok but limited. Beds are comfortable. I found the staff to be very pleasant and I was shocked to read the review that mentions Rambo as rude. He was extremely friendly and we had great laughs with him so I think this contributor lacks a sense of humour! He went out of his way to make sure we could attend the bbq (which was great and the belly dancers were fab, lots of laughs) and he has a dry sense of humour, he may not be everyones cup of tea but I never once witnessed him being rude. The breakfast was basic but adequate unless your idea of being on holiday is to gorge on english brekkies everyday in which case the gossip bar does an excellent one and is just around the corner. The lunches were good value and pretty nice. We ate out every evening but from what I saw other diners evening meals looked good. If I had a criticism it would be that the cleaners come too early (although they were very sweet girls), sometimes knocking on your door before 9 in the morning, also the noise travels badly and the doors close very loudly. The aircon in the rooms was hard to control so you would get very cold and turn it off and then get very hot etc. To sum up, we paid less than 500 a head for two weeks including flights to stay here so I was very realistic. i have stayed in numerous hotels, 4 star, 3 star etc. If you want fluffy towels, a cooked brekkie and lots of facilities then don't stay here. If you want a decent place to lay your head then this does nicely. We had a fantastic stay and my teenage girls had lots of fun playing pool with Rambo and having laughs.

Room Tip: 2nd floor gets cleaners last so that maybe a good idea!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family