“A brilliant holiday”

Ranked #1 of 53 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A brilliant holiday”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Me and my family returned home yesterday from a 10 day stay at Pine Valley and what a great 10 days it was.

We were met at reception by a young man who took our cases and showed us to our rooms.. Myself and my sister were sharing a twin room, it wasn't massive but enough space to put our cases and put clothes in a good sized wardrobe and a mini fridge which was handy.The rooms were cleaned every day.

The pool area was great and spotless, a good mix of music played throughout the day and a lot going on such as darts alongside the pool, water aerobics, water polo etc. The slides downstairs had a couple of time slots a day which was popular with kids and even some adults, we spent a lot of time down there whilst they were on with my younger brother and it was a great laugh.

Couldn't really fault the food we had during our stay, which was usually just breakfast and lunch around the pool bar. There was quite a mix which could cater for everyone. A big shoutout to Onur (head waiter) who was a great help and very friendly. I would recommend the BBQ night which was brilliant, the food was lovely, the layout was great and some good entertainment for a chilled out evening.

When we turned up it looked like we were in the middle of nowhere with nothing around, but 5 minutes down the road you hit the main strip where we spent most our evenings, there was a good choice of restaurants, bars and plenty of shops to get some good bargains from! Personal favourites were Del Boys restaurant and Attika bar!

We've been to Turkey a few times but our first time in Hisaronu and it definitely didn't disappoint, I'm sure we will return in the near future!

4 Thank Megan S
pinevalleyTR, Manager at Hotel Pine Valley, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hello Megan!
A huge WOW and many big smiley faces for your amazing comments! It is a great happiness for us to hear that you did enjoy your stay at Pine Valley! Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Turkey. Warm Wishes from your Pine Valley Family x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel from 3-17th June and had a great time. I was on the same family trip as 'Claire' who has just given her review. I can only reiterate what she has said. I had a double room with my husband which, although on the small side, was adequate for us. The first week we had breakfast and lunch in the restaurant next to the pool bar but as the weather was a lot better the second week the restaurant upstairs overlooking the pool was opened and they did dinner there. The food was very good and there was plenty of choice. Wednesdays and Saturdays are BBQ nights and they were very good. We ate out four nights in Hisaronu as it was so cheap to eat out. Hisaronu is certainly good value for money.
Even though we were a large party we had no trouble whatsoever getting sunbeds. There were plenty for everyone. The staff were helpful and friendly. One day the electricity and water went off around 5pm but by just after 7pm it was all back working again.
There are a lot of steps around the hotel so it could cause difficulties for anyone who has mobility problems. There is only one lift outside the pool to the two floors.
I went to the Spa whilst there with another two ladies for a Turkish bath which I would recommend. Great fun.
All in all a great hotel which I would certainly return to.

2 Thank Christine Q
Dear Christine,

Thank you for your excellent review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Pine Valley experience. We have already shared your comments with the rest of the Pine Valley team as a reminder of what they do best and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

sunderland
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived late at night. Check in was nice and easy.
Rooms were very clean and big enough for the two of us. Enough wardrobe space for us both. Bathroom was fine and nice comfortable bed. Only went in the pool at the top and it was a nice way to cool off, enough sun beds when we were there but may be a struggle in high season. The slides are on at certain times during the day but we didn't go down to that pool.
Breakfast needs more choice for the hot food section. Not as much on offer as I thought there would be. Food from the bar was lovely. Beer is reasonable too 8.50tl for a large efes.
Staff were very friendly, and housekeeping did a great job. We stayed for our first wedding anniversary and the little gifts that were left for us were lovely.
Hotel uses a card system we paid ours daily.
About 5 minute walk into town centre
Overall nice hotel and friendly staff

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your spectacular review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out and have since gladly shared your awesome comments with our entire team as they truly inspire us to continue personalizing each and every guest stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home-away-from-home in Turkey! Pine Valley Team x
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just been to the pine valley hotel for two weeks . We went half board breakfast was ok , but the evening meal was lovely , always plenty to pick from . The room was small but who spends all there time in it , balcony was small just enough for two chairs cleaning staff were lovely . It was the school holidays so there was plenty of kids there , two big slides in a separate pool to keep them occupied . It took about 10. Minutes to walk to the main part of town . Would go again to this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackhas
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Could not fault this hotel, friendly staff, good food, great entertainment, clean and all the amenities you could need. We stayed 14 nights at Pine valley and can honestly say it's been one of our best holidays and will go back in the future. There's something for everyone at this hotel, brill for kids safe kids club, water slides for the brave and mini disco at night. The food was always plentyful and delicious, especially the special event nights

1 Thank nikla1968
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your Pine Valley experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the Pine Valley team as a reminder of what they do best and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have big family holidays every year or so, around 30 plus of us. For some, including myself and my family of 4 with 2 young children it was our first time to Turkey. And we deffinatly chose wisely!

A lot of family members booked with a tour operator, when I come to book for my family and a few others I couldn’t get a family room with the tour operator. I contacted the hotel manager directly and we booked our rooms with a deposit and paid locally in sterling when we arrived, (I did this as I am a travel agent and I am covered with my ATOL licence.) and booked our flights separately. My family and my cousin’s family were lucky enough to get a free upgrade to a superior family rooms. The hotel arrange our private taxi transfers for us at a very good price. We arrived off the same flight as the rest of our family, and by the time they arrived we were already in the bar having drinks.

We stayed on a Half Board basis and the food was fantastic, different choices every night, and they catered well for very fussy children. BBQ nights with evening entertainment included in the half board cost. Some of my family stayed on Bed and Breakfast and we did eat out a couple of nights with them, it’s very cheap to eat out, but with the food so nice at the hotel and its already paid for, why waist this!

Our children went to the kids club most days and they LOVED it. The staff were fantastic. They made pizzas for their dinner, cakes, t-shirts. My clingy 4 year old son even loved it.

The water slides are open twice a day for a limited time. This system worked really well for the kids (and bigger kids) as it kept them out of the sun at its hottest times of day, it would have been too must to stay open all day and the kids would of burned.

I hotel run an account system with the drinks and snacks bought at the hotel. When you check in you are given a card with your room number on. When you buys drinks you give your card and sign a receipt and you can pay your account daily weekly or at the end or your holiday. We paid our account each morning and kept our receipt to tally up. We never had any problems with our account, and I think this system is a fantastic idea, it means you don’t have to keep money with you around the pool and bar areas, if the kids want an ice cream, it just makes things a lot easier.

On our 1st full day around the pool, my 8 year old son slipped getting out of the pool and chipped his 2 front adult teeth. The hotel staff I cannot prise enough for their help. They got in touch with the local doctor to make a dentist appointment straight away for us, they got a taxi and explained everything to the taxi driver who then went on to take us into Fethiye, parked outside and took us into the dentist and explained everything again. We was so looked after, and it took away a lot of the worry. Lucky my son was fine and the very nice taxi driver picked us back up and back to Pine Valley, all done and dusted within a couple of hours.

The hotel staff are fantastic! So friendly and really helpful. You don’t even have to move from your sun lounger to get a drink.

Our rooms were cleaned every day to an excellent standard.

They offer a free shuttle to the beach, this takes around 10-15 minutes and is well worth a visit to the Blue Lagoon. Perfect for young children as there are no waves. Cheap sun loungers and nice beach bars.

For my first trip to Turkey as a travel agent, I feel I can now sell this place to anyone.

Take extra spends and and empty suite case for shopping! BARGAINS!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior or attic room, these are in the new part of the hotel and are more modern, ver...
6 Thank Claire P
Newcastle, England
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just back from an 11 day stay at Pine valley and can honestly say it's been one of our best holidays ever. The hotel is lovely, staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet so helpful and friendly and absolutely adore kids. There's something for everyone at this hotel, especially great for kids with the kids club,water slides and mini disco at night. The food was always delicious, especially the BBQ night! We will most certainly be returning to Pine valley in the future! X

• Stayed June 2014
pinevalleyTR, Manager at Hotel Pine Valley, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your excellent review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Pine Valley experience. We have already shared your comments with the rest of the Pine Valley team as a reminder of what they do best and we all look forward to welcoming you back again!