“glad we stayed :)”

Belcehan Beach Hotel
Ranked #57 of 121 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 2 August 2011

really nice hotel!in exellant position for beach an bars just close enough but not to close,about 10 mins walk after strollin down main street,then to beautiful beach were we watched the tandem paragliders comin in to land,but be careful depending on the wind direction they may come over your head haha but it is fun an exiting to watch an i wasnt brave or mad enough to have a go! recommend captain hooks,an secrat garden for food oh an best of all the buffelo bar especially on salsa night(mon) an foods amazing too!music gets turned up at 9pm an lowered at 12 which is fine as its nice time to chill by then,maybe walk down to beach an watch the stars,i loved this place an turkish did not harras as we experianced in marmaris,hiseranu 10mins on bus very busy but good for shopping,b ujt i much prefared olu,oh... sunset cruise was fantastic as was only 6 couples so got prefarencial treatment hehe an sunset pics a must,anyway best place i ever been,last was lindos rhodes,bit dont miss this one i priomise you great times an a brill tan as was 100 degrees in july phew!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms pool view second floor best.
2  Thank boop61

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Just back this morning from a lovely week long break at the Belcehan Beach. My sister and niece had already booked for two weeks - my mum, myself and three children (11, 9 and nearly 2) decided to join them for just a week. I would not have chose this hotel from a brochure as it does not offer family rooms. One of my girls had to sleep with my mum and I had my eldest daughter and the babe in with me. However, I was so pleased with the hotel. Being in seperate rooms was not a problem as we all had rooms on the ground floor and all rooms faced each other. The older children could nip back and forth between rooms no problem at all. The rooms were very clean, the cot looked like it had been bought new for us. linen and towels looked a little dated (as was the decor) but again, very clean. Free aircon that worked very well - much needed as it's incredibly hot in Turkey at the mo. The hotel and bar area in set below ground level, hard to explain, but very safe for the children. I wouldn't let a toddler wander around but good for the older kids. Bar drinks and snacks a little pricey but that's to be expected in a hotel. Staff lovely and friendly. This was the first time I had been away without my husband and my mum without my dad and I was a little worried but the staff helped to make us feel safe and secure. Breakfast was very good - cereal, bread, toast, jam, greek yog, honey, watermelon, boiled eggs and something hot everyday, as well as tea and coffee. Pool very clean - cleaner than some of the 5 star hotels I've stayed in. Hotel well positioned, just a minutes walk from the top of bar street. If you have a buggy/wheelchair, don't struggle with the steps. The back gate is usually unlocked and that brings you straight out onto street level. Visit the "Magic Garden" for a unique firework show! Turn left out of the hotel and the bar is on the opposite side of the road on the corner. I have never seen a fire/firework show quite like this and probably never will again. The authorities were threatening to stop them from "performing" - to be honest, I really don't know if that would be a good thing or not !!! Would I go back - probably not as I don't intend to make a habit of holidaying without my husband and we would always want a family room. However, I will certainly be recommending to my friends with one child, or with smaller children that could all squeeze into one room. My mum would definately go back with my dad.

Room Tip: You absolutely have to have a room on the ground floor if you have a buggy.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jarvieholidays
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Lovely quiet relaxing hotel.We had a bottom room,which wife wasn't happy about at first,but lovely and cool with no noise at night.By two days in she was delighted.Room was cleaned and new towels every day and done up for Fathers Day and her Birthday.No problem getting a sunbed round pool and Jeff the bar manager was always there for a chat.

Room Tip: We were in 107 right on the bottom corner.Not a sound at night.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donj53
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Myself and my husband stayed at the Belcehan hotel for 2 weeks at the beginning of July. When we arrived at the hotel we were checked in very quickly and were shown to our room. The room was basic but everything that we needed for our holiday. Good points of the room was that the shower was very powerful just what you need to refresh yourself after a hot day in the sun and there was plenty of cupboard space for your clothes.There was also a small balcony which was an added bonus. The swimming pool was really nice and we never had any problems getting a sunbed.We were on a bed and breakfast basis so we ate at the hotel most mornings. Breakfast was basic but again everything you would need including cereal. toast, eggs, cheese, ham and watermelon. A couple of times we went out for breakfast and ate at Rainbow which was just around the corner from the hotel, the breakfast was very nice and cost 5 turkish Lira. We also ate at the Rainbow restaraunt a couple of times for our evening meal, and we would definately recommend the set menu that they have there, also the cocktails were very good and cost only 8 Turkish Lira which seemed to be a little cheaper than other places.Other good places to eat were Phillips Bar, Swallows and the Secret Garden. We didnt really have a bad meal the whole time we were there. Olu Deniz is a beautiful place, the beach and lagoon are stunning. We went on a couple of trips which we booked through 'Guide Tours' which was just around the corner from the hotel, we booked it through Mehmet who was very helpful. We paid £10 each for the 6 Island trip, we had a nice small boat and it wasnt too full which was good, some of the other boats we saw were packed up and it didnt seem that the people on them had any room to move. Where as on our boat we had plenty of room. We stopped at Butterfly Valley where you could either sit on the beach or go for a walk to look for butterfiles, we chose to do the walk which cost us 5TL each, we only saw two butterflies and we saw a small waterfall, it was ok for what we paid. We then stopped a few times near different islands where you could do snorkelling, they provide you with the snorkelling mask if you dont have one. You get a meal on the boat which was chicken with a pasta salad and some bread, the meal was good and if you have any bread left you can throw it in to the sea where you will attract lots of fish. The second trip we did was the Dalyan trip which we paid £18 each. This was a great day, it was lovely cruising on the boat and was good fun seeing the turtles and visiting the mud baths. We also got a very good buffet meal included in the price. The only thing you had to pay for were your drinks. We also tried blue crab on the trip which we would recommend. We have been to Turkey several times but have always stayed in the Bodrum area, I think we prefered Olu Deniz as you dont get any hassle from the owners of the shops hassling you to buy something. We were able to browse without being bothered which was great, and the standard of the restaraunts were fantastic for what you pay.Overall we had a great time and would recommend the Belcehan Beach Hotel, the staff were helpful and friendly and we had no complaints.

8  Thank vicpea
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here from 18th to 28th July 2011. Well yes this is one of those hidden jewels, Clean (no spotless) friendly and in the perfect spot,Yes the breckers may be a bit the same but when you are fed the sizes of meals dished up in Oludeniz who needs a big breakfast.
Thanks to Jeff at the bar and all the staff for making this a great holiday. The local restaurants are great too. Turn left out of the hotel go to the end of the street and turn left, about 75 yards towards the beach "Ata Lagoon" a great restaurant brill food and not too pricey, next one about another 100yards down is Philips Bar very good prices and good food, and finely not to be missed is Toscana just a bit further down, this is the Turkish Frankie and Bennys fab place to eat.
All in all A really great holiday

3  Thank sunshinepete
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Great atmosphere at this hotel. The staff are all very friendly and make the effort to go out of there way to get to know you! Rooms r simple but cleaned daily & fresh towels everyday if you wish. Air conditioning is free! Just around the corner from the main strip of Olu Deniz & only a little further to the beach. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank frequenttraveller006
Reviewed 27 July 2011

my husband and I visited belechan beach hotel in early june and loved it ,its such a friendly and peacefull place all the staff were very attentive ,rooms were bright and spotless clean, maids came in every day and even decorated our bed with rose petals (what a lovely touch). jeff made the best mojito !! iron fist made me a rose at breakfast because he cant make a mojito although he did make me laugh at his attempt ,lots of bars and restaurants around hotel, JOSEPH'S indian is the best indian i have ever had anywhere abroad and the staff are first class very reasonable prices too you gotta try it !!! went to HARRYS bar for a meal and was NOT impressed !! terrible service and they couldnt even use the excuse that they were busy !! food was "ok". blue lagoon is beautiful but pick the end with wooden sunloungers as its easier to get into water the side with white loungers is VERY pebbly and sore on the feet this was our first trip to oludeniz and we loved it ,its a beautiful peaceful holiday we will return

Room Tip: third floor pool view and double bed excellent !!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple