“Pleasant location, friendly staff, eat elsewhere!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Pleasant location, friendly staff, eat elsewhere!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Visited on recommendation as we wanted a pleasant and convenient place to stay within reach of the main area and beach. Stayed on a B & B basis and so glad we did, judging by the feedback from other guests on HB etc.
Usual Turkish breakfast was adequate. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants close by though and it seemed once you had been to each one once, the proprietors were happy to merely wish you a good day/evening rather than get you in to eat..
The room was so-so. Looked tired, despite a recent coat of paint and the shower was hanging off the wall, but to be fair it was fixed on request. Bed linen was a little coarse and needed bleaching. If the cleaners hadn't spent so much time making pretty little swans and hearts adorned with petals out of the towels, maybe they would have got around to clean the room before 5pm each day..
Being early in the season the hotel wasn't crowded and there were plenty of sun loungers. Pool was nice and clean and offered wonderful views up to the mountains..

4 Thank Hertsbob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

we arrived to a very clean hotel, payed £14 for the safe for a week we did not pay for air conditioning or a fridge as we wanted to wait and see if we actually needed it. the breakfast is typical of turkey tomatoes,cucumbers,meats and breads chef will cook you an omlette or pancake fresh there and then free of charge as we were bed and breakfast this was ideal. the pool is not heated but it is definatly warmer than the sea. rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels displayed with fresh flowers on the bed. yes the balconys were small but this is a hotel not an apartment complex!!! staff were very friendly not to pushy we never ate in the hotel at night so i cant coment on that. olu deniz its self is very friendly and the main strip is close to the hotel now to the beaches you can pay to go to the blue lagoon however this is shingle in and out of the sea and so is the public beach. not my cup of tea. we ate out every night and recomend shadows restaurant you can have a three course meal for around 50tl in our money £20 i would recomend you take english money with you and change over there as you get a lot more for your money also take english out of cash machine and change to tl in several places along the strip i am a travel agent and i also would recomend to my customers i just would not go with thomas cook it was an educational experience the rep never said anything about not putting toilet paper down the loo or anything about the history on the 2 and a half hour transfer that you get with a thomas cook holiday a2b transfers are better straight there also dont book excursions through thomas cook go to guide tours take a left out of the hotel stay on that road and guide tours is the first day trip place you will come to £17pp for a full day trip with lunch tc were charging £60pp rip off and we found that olympic and travel republic use this company too more info from this day trip than our own rep would highly recomend

Room Tip: use guide tours for all excursions cheaper
5 Thank eyore2010
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

This is the second time staying in Majestic hotel the first time we stayed here we had a terrible time with staff/hotel and was ready too come home after the 5th day off being there, decided too risk it and try again as we have heard from a few people that it has changed hand's and was a much better place and i agree it's now a lovely hotel.
Arrived very early morning on the 13th May after staying in Istanbul for 5 day's me and my mum was both very tired after having abit off trouble with our transfer's from Dalaman airport and waiting around for a long time, After finally arriving at the hotel there was no one at reception so i had too go and find someone at the bar area we got checked in and shown too our room's by a chubby Turkish boy who seemed too be very bored he showed us how everything worked in our room but he spoke so fast we didn't really understand anything he told us.
We was in room 402 in the back building in a very Orange room with a balcony over looking the whole hotel, Breakfast was from 8-10 every morning and was a normal Turkish breakfast with hot choclate,coffee and tea. We happened too be there during some sort off Turkish festival so i think there was alot more Turkish people staying in the hotel then English holiday maker's.
Staff seemed nice and spoke english well there seemed too be a gardener/reception man/chef (He seemed too do everything there) who did get abit annoying after a while you could walk through the hotel at anytime off day/night and he would just pop up and question where you was going.
Only had one problem while staying here which wasn't the hotel's fault but they didn't seem too want too help much we had booked our transfer's too pick us up from the hotel at 10.30pm we was having a drink in the bar next door and was back too our hotel for 10pm to wait for transfer's after sitting around till 10.45pm i asked the girl at reception if she knew if it was running late and she told us then that the transfer's came very early but as we wasn't in the waiting area she didn't bother ringing us or our room too inform us it was early so after me having a moan she said she could call the company we booked with and get the transfer too stop where it was and wait for us which she did but we would have too pay for taxi so after 35lira and a taxi ride too Fethiye we finally got out transfers after all this trouble then made us late for our flight and we made it too airport with 20min's too go through security check in and go through visa control.
Enjoyed our holiday in majestic and will stay there again and hopefully will be in October.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank SjLondon29
Bordon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Ok, I'll admit that, after a quite bad flight and a transfer bus breakdown I was tired and grumpy, and really not in the mood for the Majestic's shenanigans.
I was ill prepared to be told that a fridge would cost me 28GBP a week, air-con 28, and deposit box 14. What a rip-off! Couldn't resist asking if the TV was free but that didn't matter cos it didn't work anyway!

Couldn't believe it when I was shown into my room. Orange! Everywhere! Bed covers, curtains, all the furniture (except for lime green cushions on the orange sofa!), and even halfway up the walls!! I felt totally tangoed! Wandered out on my tiny balcony to find it overlooked the back yard full of fuel tanks and various unattractive clutter.

I sat down and cried. Would have gone straight home if possible at that moment. Hadn't the heart to unpack as I knew I could not stay there but it was already early evening. Went downstairs to the bar where a very disinterested girl finally sold me the only beer they kept, which was Tuborg and not very nice.

After a walk around Olu Deniz I finally managed some sort of night's sleep (no top sheet, just a sort of rough waffly cotton thing). To be fair I did later discover that the tiny balcony (just big enough for 2 chairs, no table), and no proper top sheet on the bed were pretty par for the course in the resort.

Breakfast was fairly mediocre but edible, but I still did not feel I could stay there for 2 weeks. The atmosphere of the place was just about summed up for me by the large sign on the childrens' play area which said " NO climbing. NO playing" !! The place is full of signs saying NO to this or that. No cheerful atmosphere I would say.

I walked down the hill to the ATA Lagoon Hotel for my welcome meeting, where I was greeted like an old friend and by the time the rep arrived I had decided I wanted to be there instead. When I told the rep I wanted to move from the Majestic he did not even ask why!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Just returned from Olu Deniz stayed here for a week 13th may.
I really don't know why people have complaints about this hotel. Being a travel agent i would happily sell this hotel to my customers.

On arrival somebody was there to greet us produced us with a key and took us up to the room 401. Large room with double bed and 1 single bed, tv with music channels on, 2 balconies-small but more than adequate. Large bathroom with separate shower cubicle (great as then the bathroom doesn't become wet!) Our room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and always had loo roll!

The complex is great nice grounds, staff friendly. The pool was ok but maybe in the height of season may be too small.
The hotel is situated about 5mins away from the beach which is a nice walk - i prefer to be up this way as on the strip its too noisey.
The breakfast is far better than i have had elsewhere in others hotels in Olu Deniz.
You had cheese, ham. tomatoes-cucumber, bread, cereals, jams, honey, cheese rolls. eggs, bread and a toaster, orange juice, tea & coffee.
The only gripe i have is that on our last 2 days we went down for brekki at around 9.45, they had started to clear up and had no eggs. On pushing them they did provide more eggs but this wasn't good enough really.

To sum up if your looking for a nice clean hotel, in a nice location with easy access to beach and main town you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank sheyes180
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

From very first arriving it was awful, my boyfriend and I booked in for 12 days but left after 3 and checked in somewhere else!!!!

To start with when booking they only asked for the lead passenger name so as I was booking I put my name down, so when it came to checking in they said that we had to pay them again, then when they realised that my boyfriend was Muslim and we were not yet married they refused to let him stay at the hotel at all because he was not English! After a lot of tears they allowed us to stay together but every time we came to the hotel or left they started again about us not being allowed to stay together. Which was ruining our holiday, the girl from the bar then also started being very nasty and rude about me in Turkish ( not realising I speak Turkish) we tried to get our money back but they would not allow this. We checked out and stayed in a great hotel which luckily made our holiday experience much better!!!!

Would not stay here if it was the last place on earth!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Canim1985
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

Just returned from a 9 night holiday at the Majestic and found it to be very good value for money.

I travelled alone (female) and never felt awkward at all. Staff were extreemly helpful at all times. I stayed on a B&B basis and although the breakfast is basic I never left feeling hungry.

The lunchtime menu consists of jacket pots, toasted sandwiches, omlettes, Spagetti Bolognese, Chilli, salads, burgers etc. I tried a few and they were fine but make sure you double check your order as I did get the wrong thing more than once (language barrier I think) but they were happy to change it.

There are plenty of lovely places to eat very close by and if you want have a full english you can get one for around £4 or less. The cheaper places are those in the side streets and the quality of the food is just as good, even for evening meals.

This hotel is central to all you need for a great holiday. The beach is only a five minute stroll away, it is quite pebbly but fine if you have or buy the plastic shoes to go in the sea. The nightlife is the same distance or you can go up to Hissaronu (about 5 mins on the bus).

The room that I stayed in was a bit dated but very clean. The bed was changed every other day and clean towels daily. The pool area is also very clean and never had a problem getting a sun bed.

To keep the room for a late check out is only £20, which is not bad but if you just book the room for an extra day to begin with it works out cheaper. (I booked with travel republic so you can pick how many days etc)

Do not believe all the bad reports on here, you will really enjoy your stay. If you want 5 star you will be disappointed but then you would not be looking in this price range would you ??

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo