“Great holiday! ”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #33 of 121 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say Its great to enjoy a holiday and minute walk. Been home 3 weeks and looking forward to the next visit in 4 weeks! It's not your 5 star hotel but it's a place to sleep and enjoy a relaxing day by the pool! Iv been visiting this hotel for the last 2 years and have never had a problem! Always welcome by everyone they like family now! Rooms cleaned every day and the maids are so friendly :) can't wait to return to a friendly n welcoming hotel n staff! It's a 10 minute walk down to the beach. If u like quite and out the way this hotel is brilliant for u, it's not near any of the bars on the strip but a 5 mintue walk from the hotel! Again can't wait to see everyone again. Rachel xx

Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank Rachel H

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I would just like to mirror the thought of paulab. I too were at majestic during the incident and basically I need not add anything to Paula's description of the incident because that is my recollection too. The chances of the maids or indeed any of the staff here committing theft are somewhere between none and none whatsoever. As for the hotel, the Ritz Carlton it isn't, but it is clean, it is functional, it is in an excellent location and most of all it is superb value. I don't mind saying I paid just over £330 for two weeks here which I think is superb vslur. The staff to a man are friendly and helpful. If you're after a great holiday at a great price don't think twice about coming here.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I returned to Turkey and the Majestic hotel after 4 years and was greeted by staff and management so warmly. I was made to feel as I was back home with family and friends. They have made lots of changes and all for better. New rooms redecorated. The dining area has improved greatly there is more selection for breakfast which is lovely and the reception area has grown. Lovelyto see Joseph working ther now. All staff have new dress code which is very professional.
Well done Memhet Zulal and Ugur you have done a great job you can be proud of yourselves.Also Zulal you have done a lovely job on designing the rooms they are beautiful. Keep 1 back for me when I return later in the year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank mumsurrey
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Me and my partner stayed here From 1st of June until 14th of June and had a good experience at this hotel, Staff were always polite and friendly especially the receptionist who was most helpful when we arrived at 4 am in the morning. Breakfast is to a good standard and as we were only bed and breakfast I am unable to comment on the half board. The rooms are cleaned on a daily basis by the friendly maids and decorative towels are left on the beds. Me and my partner did not have a safety deposit box and left mobile phones and cash in our rooms on a daily basis which were not touched. I have seen since being back the reviews below about stolen money and rude staff and I have to strongly advise that these reviews are not true as we were at the complex at the time of this incident. There are CCTV Cameras aimed at the safety deposit boxes which were checked on the arrival of the army, which can I add were called by the customer whom has wrote the complaint and these revealed that only themselves had accessed the safe and removed this money hence why they were threatened with arrest. Also the charge for the ambulance that they incurred was due to the fact that they demanded an ambulance was called after the CCTV reviled who had taken the money, all medical treatment abroad is at a cost and most people are aware of this. We did not have any incidents with any of the staff at this hotel nor did we have any with our card bill , nothing extra was added onto our bill and those that claim it was I think possibly left the bill for the whole week and had not realised how much they had spent or drank !. I met some lovely people on this holiday including the staff and I found the cost the same as anywhere outside of the hotel EG :- 8 Lira for a pint of lager and approx. 12 lira for lunch which I must add was lovely every time we had it. This was overall one of the best holidays I have been on and would without a doubt go back to this hotel! I would like to give a special thanks to the Bar Men Jerry, Cedric Ali and I can not remember the names of the other two but they were all great and I would also like to thank the receptionist for making my transfer waiting time so entertaining and Helping us with our cases and to contact Thomas Cook When I thought they had forgotten us :) Fantastic Time and Gutted to be back in the UK :( Oh well there is always next year. Also this resort is very close to all of the bars and the shops and there is free wifi which I fund was a nice Touch . Thanks Again Majestic for a fantastic Holiday

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank PaulaB9461
Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a holiday, greeted by the friendly reception staff who showed me to my accommodation, the room was clean and it was good to have a great shower cubical. The maids were really good. There was plenty of sunbeds around the pool in nice gardens. The breakfast was good with the chef cooking anything from pancakes, scrambled eggs, fried eggs and omelettes as well as the typical Turkish selection of meat, cheese etc. the waiters could not of been more helpful. I can't comment on the evening food as ate out every night and could recommend the secret garden, the orange lounge and Sultans. I was only B&B, but did eat the snacks at lunchtime which I couldn't fault. If you have read the comments regarding the theft from the safety deposit box these were complete lies and the person concerned was such a drama queen. I made some lovely friends John & Tina, and Paula & Ant we had some real great laughs. The bar staff were so friendly and had great banter with them and made the holiday and thanks to Ali Cedric, Jimmy, and Ahmet, and will not forget their greeting of hello, sugar, darling, honey.

Room Tip: I was in room 105 with a view of the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank Jo F
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited here early june for a 1 week holiday, we booked 3 weeks prior and got a decent deal. We picked it due to price more than anything so we didn't really know what to except!

So, we arrived around midnight and were shown to our room, it was adequate but in the basement floor below ground level which I didnt like due to security issues, so we requested a move at reception. The guys started talking in turkish and then laughing, then he told us we could move and my god were they taking the mick! The room was beyond shocking! The tiny balcony looked onto another hotel and a brick wall! The bathroom was absolutely disgusting ! A gap beside the door filled in with foam filler, a tiny, pokey shower literally caked in mould! A crack in the toilet! And the hole place just smelt dank and musty! It was awful to the point I refused to get in the shower! So once again back we went and third time lucky, we were put in a nice room! Basic but livable! Room cleaned most days and no complaints other than a cold shower most of the time.
As for the food, we only ate there for breakfast but if your a fussy eater you won't be impressed. Selection of cereal, salad leaves, tomatoes, boiled egg, funny pink sausage, you get the gist. They do have a nice omlette/pancake shack though.
The pool area/bar is lovely and the staff are friendly and seemed to get pretty pally with some guests which is good. But BEWARE you get a room card to put your drinks on, pay the bill everyday or pay cash because they will take advantage! One night a pint of coke cost 8 lira, the next day 2 glasses totalled 4 lira! How they work that out I dont know!

On the whole if your looking for a decent base hotel to sleep in, this is okay, just. Its close to the strip, just a few minutes walk and it has a dolmus stop just outside. Overall we had a fab time but that was due to beautiful Olu Deniz not down to the Majestic.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank curlyyboo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

First the good points on arrival we were greeted by a lovely young man, check in was fast and we were shown to our room. The room was facing the pool (the best view as the other rooms face a brick wall) a little small but ok. The balcony was very small with only enough room for one chair at a time (not good). Room was spotlessly clean with the usual for this area of towels in fancy shapes a lovely idea. Bathroom well equipped with nice shower plus a hair dryer (be aware of a large step out of bathroom as my partner fell and hurt her leg) but again it is well fitted out. Our room had twin beds not to pleasing but never mind, room cleaned on a daily basis with clean towels and bedding. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, usual Turkish breakfast of cereal, cheese, omelette, pancake, fruit and yogurt. Staff very pleasant although we tended to go out most days and nights so cant really comment on bar staff. Sun beds were in abundance and not the usual scramble first thing in the morning.The one night we did stay at the hotel was (to be kind to the hotel) NOT to our taste. We had been looking forward to the Turkish night and it was a complete waste of our time and money.The staff didn't bother to dress in traditional Turkish clothes just their normal work uniform. One female belly dancer who tried her best but we have seen a lot better. Food on the night was to be honest bloody awful, cold chips very poor chicken and even worse salad. And my personal pet HATE bingo which took over and hour to play for one game. This would have been GREAT for a hotel of pensioners not a mixed bag of people. As is normal in this resort every thing is only 5 mins walk away. This hotel is what it says it is a 3* we would go back to this hotel as it is on the whole good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view as the other rooms face a brick wall. Also the first floor rooms are head height...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple