“Another great Turkey holiday!”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10nights from the 26th july with my boyfriend. Booked via travel republic, flying with monarch from birmingham. Transfer was with Koral Travel, only 8 of us on coach! Excellent! dropped 2 couples off in Hisaranu & the rest of us in Olu. Took about 1hr & half, arrived around 10.45pm. Checked in no problem, ended up in a little chalet room behind reception (booked a cheapy through travel republic). Due to tiredness wernt to keen at first, but soon learned to love it! Had 2 sunbeds & an umbrella outside room, went to beach most days, never got up for breakfast so never bothered getting beds around pool, if we fancied a lazy day we had sunbeds by room & a 30 second walk to pool for dip.
Hotel perfectly located! Shop both side of hotel entrance, walked towards strip, bars & restaurants all the way, takes about 5mins to walk to top of strip. About 10-15 to beach.
We went to Billys beach one day on Blue Lagoon, you can find them on facebook, they do free pick up & drop off from hotel. Also went to there Beach BBQ which are on wed & sat nights, great night!
I did Paragliding on my own as my bf doesnt like flying.. Hard enough getting him here! I booked through Gravity £60, Amazing experience!
We ate out every night, went to Vip bar, bella gusto, captain hooks, hangout bar, chinese, steak house & had lunch at many more! All brilliant!
Our favourite bar was Vip Dance Bar, great atmosphere & really friendly & down to earth staff.. Even during ramadam!
Had to reconfirm transfer day before departure & was told 17.10pm & got picked up early at 16.50! Bonus. Got to airport an hour early :)
Overall an amazing holiday.. Will deffo be our future choice of resort in turkey! 5 stars

Stayed: July 2014
11  Thank GucciGlobeTrekka

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My mother and I stayed here in August '13 for two weeks. We usually do research on our hotels but as we were rushed for time, we had to book it last minute with research only on the location. The hotel was booked on a whim.

We booked with the The Co-operative (whom I would also not suggest booking holidays with) and were told we would get a room with balcony. We got a patio and the room was BEFORE the reception are which was practically one the street. After a week they moved us to a slightly better room within the hotel. You are surrounded by mountains so you get a limited amount of sun at the hotel's pool area. Everything is extra charge, air conditioning and the fridge. You're not allowed to bring bottled water in from outside the hotel. We did anyway.

The first AND second room we stayed in absolutely stunk of vinegar...Why? I couldn't tell you. Towels and were hardly ever changed. 10 minute walk away from the pebbly, overrated Blue Lagoon, which is so packed out you can barley walk past anyone. The noise is so loud you can hear it across the way from other (much better, sandy) beaches like paradise beach. And you have to pay for everything...entry fee to beach, umbrella and sunbathing chair. In fact you're not allowed to go to any of the beaches if you plan on laying on your towel on the sand. You are MADE to rent a sun bed.

Only when I got home did I realise one of the bar staff had been facebook messaging me flirtatiously when I checked my 'other' inbox folder. Which is outrages as that means that he was able to access my private information in order to get my name and search for me on facebook to begin with. Very unprofessional management, hiring adolescent boys and allowing them to do this.

One thing that really bugged us was the drinks bill. All the drinks you can choose from are listed on the menu however the price is not. This isn't just the hotel though, it's everywhere in Turkey. When you ask for the price, they just don't know it. If you push for the price they say they'll get the manager but he's always so busy he can't show up. You can't pay as you go either. You pay at the end of your stay. So basically you don't know what kind of bill you're running up and the bar staff could end up charging you what ever they feel like.

As narrow minded as it may sound It was such a bad experience I doubt i'll ever visit Turkey again.

Room Tip: One INSIDE the hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Kelly J
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Majestic, middle of July, we booked with Jet2, the start of the holiday didn’t go to plan as the flight was delayed at Manchester for over two hours,, due to someone being ill on board and having to leave the aircraft, the transfer journey from Dalaman took over 2 hours, so by the time we arrived at the Hotel around 2am, no food, no drinks, as you might have guessed we were feeling low, things changed for the better, as we were greeted by Joseph one of the Hotel staff, he took our suitcases up to our room.
Note the rooms are dated and slightly cramped, though there were three adults staying in one room, the rooms were cleaned regularly, with a constant change of towels, balconies on the small side.
The staff were excellent and couldn’t do enough for you, they interacted with the guests and made everyone welcome, we attended the Turkish night and we had a great time.
We found the Hotel to be a very friendly family orientated establishment, we’d definitely come back here again.
We also visited the following restaurants Swallows, excellent food and service, Beluga another good restaurant, we were very disappointed with the Ata Lagoon, warmed up food, horrible cooked T Bone, we also had breakfast in the Dream bar and Sultan Ahmet, both good food, we found the best places to relax for snacks in the day were Harry’s and the Buzz bar

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Martinsbo
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week at the Majestic.
The rooms are fairly basic, but they are cleaned thoroughly. The furnishings are also slightly outdated, but who really cares about the furniture?
Having been to Olu Deniz before, it's not the kind of place you will spend cooped up on your room. The balcony was small but there is more room to sit in the pool bar and the atmosphere is far better there anyway.
Plenty of sunbeds, not always at side of the pool but sitting on the grass is nice too. Couldn't comment on breakfast as we never actually got up in time for it (oops!)
We did however try some of the pool menu and it was very cheap with decent portions. Reception can be a bit hit and miss in terms of manners and the wifi is a bit iffy - but if this ruins your holiday you should probably look at spending your money elsewhere, and investing in a personality?
The location is fab, with some great restaurants around and not too far to the beach. Bus stop right outside the hotel too! The bus comes every three minutes or so, and reception can give you a map with tips on where to go and where to get off the bus.
Only quibble I really had was the room key was very hard to use and we often had to spend 5 mins trying to get in. Nevertheless, for a cheap deal this hotel is good value for money in a fab location.
When reading negative reviews try to remember that you make your own holiday! If you want to spend hours taking photos of plug sockets, or hinges is your fetish then I'm all for it. But hopefully this is a genuine review of a laid back hotel in a beautiful resort.

Stayed: July 2014
20  Thank boxbird1990
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in June. Fantastic hotel, room with balcony and pool view, room cleaned every day, staff friendly and welcoming, only stayed bed and breakfast which was fine with good buffet selection including pancakes abd omelettes if required. Small but nice pool and no problem getting a bed. Perfect location, only 10 minutes walk from beach. Don't listen to negative reviews about this hotel. Exceeded our expectations and hope to return again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Lesley H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just come back from a fantastic week at the majestic will definitely go back. Lovely staff who couldn't do enough for you. Rooms basic but clean fab pool and surroundings. Food lovely Turkish night was great would recommend trip to blue lagoon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank celia d
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Just a week when im back home from Majestic hotel absolutly feel happy all my family with this hotel.Very nice rooms,clean n tidy everything.Excellent Turkish food on Turkish night.Everything been fantastic ,the pool very clean.Lovely Joseph look after the pool.When i am haven my healthy problems everyone quickly give my first aid and safe my life spec Mr.Jerry and Ali from bar Jimmy,Ozzy and all restaurant staff look after my.Thank you to all friendly staff.This is been my best holiday ever!!I will send u more customers from Czech republic and England.Thank you so much and very well done!!!Happy Lenka Josef and Pepi England x x x

• Stayed: July 2014