“I won't return in a hurry.”
Review of smartline Flamingo

smartline Flamingo
Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
“I won't return in a hurry.”
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 8 nights in August, and won't be returning.

The hotel staff are rude, the bar staff immature and were acting like children every time we saw them. It was all very disorganised and unprofessional.

The music until 5am was absolutely unbearable! If you like Cliff Richard, Abba and Celine Dion then go for it; otherwise steer well clear of this hotel!

Our room was basic, the bathroom sufficient although slightly grubby,

It's a no-frills hotel but for the price I expected much more, although it's worth paying just for the location.

Approach with caution!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank DrLozG
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at smartline Flamingo, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Dear Guest

thank you so so much for your review.It is really important for us.Since you have stayed with us we have improved so many thing.I wish to see you all again

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We arrived in the early hours of Monday morning , trip had gone really well, Easy Jet then transfer all went brilliantly. When we arrived at the hotel we were told by the night porter that we had no booking, even though we had a booking voucher, and we would have to stay in the hotel up the road and sort it out in the morning.
Other guests had the same problem also some in the guest book.

Eventually got a room and the hotel was very good, rooms clean , good room service good food , beds a bit hard, food , pool and bar all very good a bit of nightly disturbance from the nearby mosque.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank s_williams565

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Overall the hotel was clean, large and in a good location... but the waiter’s service were appalling! For some reason they didn’t like us at all.. In the morning.. a few minutes before breakfast was due to finish. While our bread was in the toaster still it would reach 10am and they would just pull the plug out and say that’s it! They were extremely rude to us..

Another down side was that there was a mosque right near the hotel and started their prayers at 5am which used to wake us up every morning! (Which didn’t help when we had a late night or early start!!!). The beds were also not the comfiest.. especialy on the pull out/3rd person bed... we asked for a new one 2-3times but they said they had done it but we felt no difference! There is a charge for air con and the use of the safe, but this is all said on their website so it wasn't a shock. Most hotels there charge for this.

On the plus side.. the rooms were cleaned every day, the maids were friendly and helpful if you needed anything... wasn’t much cupboard space so we lived in our suitcases, but for 3 people in one room, we were comfortable.. the pool area was really nice and large… we used to sit there quite often.

Location was good and a 10-15min walk to the main beach.. Free shuttle services from hotel ran to the other beaches but were limited times.. And all excursions come to hotel to pick you up.

It’s a good hotel if you are not going to be around it much. We were out every day and all day most days and just needed somewhere clean to sleep at. Wouldn’t stay there again… some other friends were staying at The Magic Tulip Beach hotel and the service was much better there and really close to the beach.. so I would stay there next time!

2 Thank jigz_t

Thetford, Norfolk.
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed here for 7days B & B from 21st-28th September,
We had a great time, we were in Deluxe room with side sea view, the room was very clean and the view was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was a bit of a climb to our room but it was worth it for the view. I would definately stay here again but it would have to be one of the 3rd floor deluxe rooms like we had this time. The Pool areas were lovely and kept clean. Breakfast was fine, although for 3 days we went to our Buzz beachfront bar for a proper coffee and cup of tea. We did take our own kettle/teabags etc for the room. We loved the position of the hotel and the walk to the beach was fine.
The only critism I had was the barman playing Elvis songs over & over at 2am in the morning, We did wish they had more variety and updated their music selection. But overall we had a great time here and would definately return.

Room Tip: If your fit enough go for Deluxe Side Sea room bit of a climb but worth it for the view

golspie
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed at the Flamingo Hotel for 11 nights. 13th sept to 24th sept. We had a 2hrs flight delay so arrived at 6am but got checked in very easily and taken straight to our room, porter carried both our cases up 2 flights of stairs, he showed us how to use aircon and left us to get straight to bed. Reception is lovely and clean modern and new looking, staff were always helpful. Our room was spacious clean modern and maids were in every day. We were in room 907(spain). Two Lovely pools and plenty sunbeds. If you ask for a copy of bar receipts you can easily keep a tally of what you are spending or just pay daily at reception. We enjoyed the location as you could just wander down several different ways to the main area and the beach which allows you to explore olu deniz. National park area is stunning and we also took a dolamus up to Montana pine hotel where you can walk along a forrest track called the Lycian Way. Absolutely Fab views of the whole resort and beach. Flamingo Hotel is perfect.I would definately recommend it to friends and would stay there again.

Room Tip: we were in room 907, away from the bar and poolsides so it was quiet and private
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 50thbirthday

London
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My original review was not allowed to be posted on here for some reason.. so feel free to send me a msg and I'll send you what I really thought of the place and what it really is like. So much for freedom of speech!!! anyways.. I won't go into too much details as I spent a very long time writing my original review that was not allowed.. it had pretty much everything you needed to know and I spent long on it for that reason.

First of all, like many people that stayed there during August/September we were overbooked and had to stay at their sister hotel next door.. which was terrible. Then we were moved to an apparently side sea view, which you can't see much of the sea from. The sister hotel had much better views ironically but shame about their terrible rooms.

The manager is rude.. I won't go into details as I am not allowed so like i said just msg me. The food is terrible, I had bad stomach ache a week after I had been back in London.

The hotel is probably the furthest up from the beach and there are PLENTY of other better hotels a bit further down so do some homework and trust me on this. I am a very fair reviewer and not fussy at all but when a hotel can not even provide a plaster for my injury. charge for AC, not have an Iron and making us go to the next hotel to get our stuff ironed.. then it will get a terrible review.

This place looks lovely from the outside, it's like a book with a sexy cover but the content is terrible. Such a shame really.

As for hotel/airport transfer. If you have money to waste then get a private Taxi but it only cost me and my friend around £30 in a decent shuttle, which does not take that long to get you to the hotel.. I'd say an hour and a bit depending on traffic and time of the day. Normally it is faster getting to the airport than the hotel.

The beach is around 10 minutes walk from here all the way down the hill.. but I'd recommend going to Billy's Beach which is sandy and not as busy as the Blue Lagoon which was very disappointing and way too busy.

There are way too many restaurants to pick from, pointless for me to tell you which as it depends on what you like eating. There are also loads of bars but in my opinion, they don't know how to make a drink there sadly. I would recommend doing some of the excursions as it could get a bit boring in Oludeniz if you are going to a pebble beach every day. Paragliding is a must, Boat trips are really fun especially the Bay ones where they stop for a while for you to swim in nice clear sea, Safari Jeep is a lot of fun but prepare to get seriously wet during that tour by villagers, tour guides and the people on tour.. that includes an interesting Mud bath and many other things. Oh and definitely do the Quad Bike Safari... it was one of my favourites.

1 Thank norman_bates_82

Cardiff
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Flamingo Hotel for 2 weeks in August bed & breakfast. Hotel was excellent value for money, with an immaculate pool & bar area, and clean simple rooms (we stayed in deluxe room). The staff there work very long hours and seem quite aloof at times. Breakfast is simple with a selection of cold meats/cheeses, boiled eggs, toast, watermelon & cereal. Not bad for a few mornings but gets quite boring after that! Air Con included in price when booked through First Choice.

Make sure you keep on top of your bar tab, since they do not ask to see your room key/card when ordering drinks, and from witnessing people complaining of added items on their bill upon checking out , people tend to take advantage of this.

All in all an excellent value holiday with high standard pool area and rooms, within 10min walk to beachfront and restaurants. Service could be better, and a better bar tab system could be implemented but apart from that would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012