“Very Good Hotel, Perfect to relax !”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of smartline Flamingo

smartline Flamingo
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Very Good Hotel, Perfect to relax !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very Nice Hotel, Lovely grounds and views to the mountain, stayed on a B&B basis, we dined at the hotel on BBQ night which was very good with belly dancer entertainment. other nights there is a nice bar area which doesn't get noisy, some rooms have a sea view,Room cleaned and towels changed every day. Nice and quiet as away from the main street in Olu Deniz, but only a 10-15 min walk to the beach.It was very hot but air con worked great. OD has a great beach but gets deep quickly so not suitable for little kids or non swimmers. We went to the Blue Lagoon one day, the water is very warm and didn't offer much relief to to heat. Great Holiday!
I must recommend for airport transfers.."Raintransfers.com" email <info@raintransfers.com>,
I only booked the day before arrival and they were there waiting for us and drove very well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at smartline Flamingo, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Andrew

Thank you so much for you review about us .We are so happy to hear that you did have realaxing holidat at Smartline Flamingo.I really hope to se e you again.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were very fortunate to have last minute accommodation through Thomas Cook having booked into the most wonderful little gem of hotel in Olu-Deniz called the Flamingo Hotel.
This hotel is a MUST for everyone to visit, it has its own spa with professional trained masseurs who tailor the treatments to suit your needs/requirements.
Its plain to see that the owner/management team have thought long and hard over every detail of this little jewel that nestled in the corner of Olu-Deniz.
Hygiene, food and genuine hospitality is in abundance.
After passing through the reception you enter a tropical garden with real parrots, this on its own is simply breath-taking and lifts your Wellbeing. Again a must for all to see.
The impression from this hotel was so great that my mother and I are already booking for next year(we would like to endorse to females travelling together that we felt VERY safe at all times at this hotel/resort)
We highly recommended the cocktail bar. The mojitos are to die for.

We would like to take this opportunity to Thank the management and staff for making us feel so generally welcome for a holiday we will never forget. xx

1 Thank sofi_Lewis2014
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at smartline Flamingo, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Sophie

Thank you so somuch for your nice words about us.I m glad you had nice time with us.We are always here to help our guest and we try so hard to please everyone.I m really happy one of other guest leave from Flamingo happy again thats all we want.Bigh thank you from me and my staff for your comment ı really hope to see you again.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 10 day holiday in Olu Deniz. Our friends recommended the Flamingo Hotel and it didn't disappoint!
The location is perfect - short walk to the strip but far away enough to relax and enjoy the hotel.
When we arrived we were originally booked into a standard room which is not what we were expecting. It seems Thomas Cook have not been making it clear that there are different types of rooms available and Hakan and his staff resolved the situation by moving us to a different room on the other side of the hotel.
You do have to pay extra for the safe and air conditioning but if you pay it upfront you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the holiday. Definitely worth doing as it can get very hot in the rooms during the night.
We made sure we settled our bill every couple of nights to keep on top of it. There was the odd occasion where something that we hadn't bought was on there but as we had kept our receipts it was resolved quickly.
The pools are lovely and have a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains. They were always clean and we managed to get our favourite sunbed spot every day.
The cocktails were amazing and there was an extensive drinks menu to choose from. We also had a few pool snacks such as chips, pizzas and sandwiches on the days we spent by the pool.
Although we didn't use it ourselves, our friends used the on site spa and we're very impressed. They offer a variety of treatments as well as a gym and it sounds like it is definitely worth a visit.
As we were B&B we ate out most evenings. It is worth visiting Mamoza and The Buzz Bar for a kebab and The Hangout for a nice meal overlooking the beach. Also take a bus trip into the neighbouring towns as there is plenty to see and do.
During my visit I became quite ill and had to visit the doctor in Olu Deniz - he was great and managed to arrange a hospital visit and medicines within a very short space of time. It also meant I could enjoy the rest of my holiday without feeling ill.

We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and appreciate the help offered by the hotel staff during our stay. We will definitely be booking to come back next year!

Kelly and Tim

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kelly M
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at smartline Flamingo, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Kelly

It was lovely to meet you.I m glad you did enjoy your holday.I m really sory to you had problem with your room but as you know ıt was where you booked but we sorted it out thats all matter :) Thank you so much for your nice review about us thats our prize.I really hope to see you again.

Warm Regards
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was the best hotel we've stayed in as a family in Turkey by far ! We had two rooms booked one for my daughter and her friend and one for me and my husband , could not fault them apart from the air con being on the blink in my daughters room but apart from that couldn't fault the rooms. the staff were also great and keen to help and look after us , giving us advice on the area and where to go. Despite the heat and the long hours ! The hotel was very relaxed with the choice of two lovely well looked after pools I must say with a great range of choice up the bar ! I also had a Turkish bath at the hotels on site spa which was incredible ! All of the staff became friends to us whilst on our week away and we cannot thank them enough for making our staying so incredible ! Best holiday by far ! Thankyou Flamingo hotel, see you next year ! Amazing week.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is lovely
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackierogrosie
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at smartline Flamingo, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Jackie

A big Thank you From Flamingo For your honest and nice review.I m really sorry you had problem with a.c but we did sorted it out.I m very very happy to hear that when you compare us with other hotels and we made different.just wante dto share''every single our guest is really important and we know please everyone is impossible but we try to do impossible'' ı really hope to see you again

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have just got back from a great holiday at The Flamingo. It is the third time we have been there in four years.
The staff are excellent, every one of them. Most helpful, kind and courteous. The food is good and reasonably priced. There are a number of options for dinner, all are good.
There are two pools and we never found a problem in getting a bed. There is waiter service around the pool with happy service.
The manager Hakan is everywhere, he really does cover some ground in a day. If you have any problems, which I doubt you will have, he will get it resolved quickly.
The rooms are spotlessly clean as indeed is every part of the hotel.
We would without hesitation recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are very good. Superior rooms are larger, but are located up quite a number of steps, so...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Terry

Big thank you for your nice words about us.Im really happy you did enjoy another holiday with us.It is nice to hear we are something right here so our guest are come back to have theirs holiday again.I m very proud with my team they deserve bigbig thank you they try so hard .I guess ı can see you again soon.Once again thank you so much for your comment whi,ch is really important for us.

Warm regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent a week at the Flamingo and couldn't fault anything about it. Friendly staff, good accommodation, brilliant location. I have already booked for next year and I normally never go to the same place twice! Highly recommended. Thank you to all the staff but mainly the reception staff who were always exceptionally helpful. See you all next year.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Mymands2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so so much for your nice words about us especially reception staff.They are so patient they are always there to help our guest.I m very happy to hear you had nice time with us and ı really hope to see you again

Warm Regards
Knutsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a large hotel made up of about 5 different blocks of accommodation. Be aware that some of the "higher" blocks require quite a few flights of stairs to reach.

With 2 adults and 2 kids in out party we paid for a large quad room and were a little disappointed, as neither of the children's beds were regular divans - one was the bed settee, and the other was a folding bed stuck into the room, which made accessing the balcony hard as it partially blocked the door. The bedside cabinets that served the original twin bed configuration were squeezed in at angles and the phone left unplugged in a corner the "proper" twins had been squeezed together to form a double had left nowhere to put it and the socked was now where a pillow was on the bedhead.

How much of this tight configuration was down to the hotel running out of rooms, or the economics of our tour operator, we'll never know. I was clearly a originally a large twin room with extra beds jammed in.

The room was generally clean, though some décor needed touching up and a little more TLC to remove some of the marks on walls would have been good. The pine furniture had certainly seen better days and was worn with battle scares.

Many other reviewers have picked out the good points:

Breakfast - A good selection - very Turkish style with great fresh bread.

Pools - could get a little busy and noisy - especially the "top pool" which seems to be a magnet for kids. The pool table and table tennis equipment also needs a little TLC.

Staff - generally very good and keen to help. Friendly and smiling, despite being there for long hours.

My daughter picked up and ear infection in the first week - sorted by a trip to the Docs and a course of Antibiotics. Talk around the pool was that this was not the only infection at the hotel and all of those affected were big pool users. It's hard with kids, but encourage them to stay above the water as much as possible. I know that the hotel now has independent water quality monitoring - not sure how good the results have been.

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms have a number of steps.
1 Thank AONE5
Dear Guest

Im really sorry to hear that your kid have problem.ı hope he is a lot better now.I would like to share this information about swimming pool.The swımmıng pool get check everyday by us alsoonce week goverment send ındependent company and they take some of water to check and ı didnt have any problem may be there was another thing effected but as long as he is ok thats the matter .I will check with descriptıon and information with travel ageny if there is enough information especially steps.Thank you so so much meantioning negatives and positives side of us whıch help us a lot.I m glad you had nice time with us and ı really hope to see you again