“pink”
Review of Pink Palace

Pink Palace
Ranked #61 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 13 October 2013

no it was not a palace and reading some of the poor reviews they might have some point,but all in all I think the good bits outweigh the bad.On arrival we were shown to room 307 at the rear of the building next to the reception and first impressions were not great the room was small,but so I believe they all are and yes the bedding could have looked cleaner,but luckey for us I walked on to the small balconey and got in conversation with my neighbour who persuaded me that I would be as well off staying put as she had been moved from the reception building due to a poor room she did not want to spend two weeks in and did not think I could improve on ours.Well like most rooms it did soon feel o/k and most things worked and even the colour of the towels didn't seem to matter.We had no problems with the food in fact quite the reverse,and if you wanted bacon and fish and chips it was all two hundred yards away in hisaronu.I found its position ideal being on the main road giving easy access to both olu deniz one way and fethie the other.Bieng next to the road did cause some traffic noise between working hours and there are steps to tackle all around the hotel wich is worth taking note.The views from the hotel especially the alfresco eating area are fantastic and you can watch the paragliders taking off from behind the hotel and journeying down to the coast.Transport on the dolbus is very reasonable and frequent.If I had anything to grumble about it would have been some of the fellow guests that have a tobacco addiction and refuse to take any notice of the signs in the dining area.Turkey is not as strict yet as the u/k and these addicts know it and it is not up to the hotel staff to have to explain to an addict what a sign means,all in all I would not want to deter anyone from staying at the pink palace it is excellent value for money I thought and not trying to be anything it isn't.To the pink palace I would say get some plugs that fit the sinks and low season when us oldies come turn the music down or even offfffff joe.mr&mrs

Room Tip: rooms not facing the road might be quieter,management very good with any issues so don't be shy
There are newer reviews for Pink Palace

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked this late on for cheap break unfortunately the hotel reflected what you pay. Tired rooms,tired linen, dirty table cloths. Sewage smell wafting across the pool. The staff were hard working though and cleared up after you very quickly. The food was always the same chicken casseroles mostly not alot of vegetarian options except for the salad bar which I have to say was of good quality and choice. This holiday has taught us not to do all inclusive on the cheap you get what you pay for. Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anybody but then again I can't see how they can raise the standards at the prices you pay.

3  Thank Simon R
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Originally we were not supposed to be staying at the Pink Palace but our hotel had overbooked us and we got transferred to here Thank God! We really did land on our feet, As much as the hotel rooms are basic they have everything you need and anything else you want you can ask for and they will do their best. Reception staff are very welcoming and helpful, The maid service is basic but You will always have clean towels and toilet roll. The food nice, Lovely fresh salads and deserts the only thing I could say is to have more of a variety on meat as they serve a lot of chicken but I love chicken so it wasn't an issue for me. Bar staff are very nice and you can have a chat to them,The Main part of the hotel for me was Sammy Rose the entertainment man! He really did make our holiday come together, he was so welcoming from the get go that we actually became friends with him, He really did go the extra mile for everyone. He even co-ordinates his own shows which are fascinating to watch. Definitely will be going back here next year to see everyone and will defiantly be staying at the pink palace... Thankyou so much to all the staff there and thankyou Sammy hope to see you next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Booked a last minute holiday to the Pink Palace, having read reviews we thought it looked like a decent budget hotel. On arrival we realised the hotel is very tired and needs money spending on it. Even white linen and towels would be helpful rather than the grey, worn and stained ones provided. The rooms are adequate but the shower room is tiny and on the first night the door fell on me whilst in the shower, this was repaired the next day but the twirling toilet seat remained loose and dangerous pinching your skin quite nastily.
The rooms are given a lick and a promise quite in effectual so we cleaned it ourselves daily.Our double bed had single sheets on the base which were uncomfortable to say the least.

Trying to eat and having to endure sewerage smells constantly was really off-putting however the "food" provided was dreadful. It was constantly stone cold with freezing plates that drained any semblance of warmth there was to be found in the food which was chicken every night under the guise of casserole, roasted etc but was actually the same dish, i.e. chicken tomatoes and potatoes with no variation whatsoever. The hotel is known locally as the chicken palace and waiters in restaurants giggle when they see your arm band and realise where you are staying.
I did ask the manager if he could persuade the kitchen staff to heat the food but he was unresponsive and didn't seem to think it was a problem although other guests supported my complaint and said they too were unhappy with the quality and temperature of the food provided.
Strangely the cleaning and kitchen staff eat with the guests and were always at the head of the the queue, one day I witnessed a lady asking for fried eggs from the pan to which the female chef replied "these are for me" we assume chef didn't like cold food herself, what a joke!
One night during a storm the staff had to be asked to bring under shelter the table and chairs people had been sat at trying to eat, the staff hadn't thought to do this themselves, consequently when eventually they brought the tables and chairs under cover everything was soaking including the cushions..............at this point we realised it was futile eating there again so we ate out every night which added a considerable amount to our budget but we couldn't resist having tasty hot food in the town. One of the two cubicles in the mens toilets poolside was blocked from day one, when it was brought to the attention of the manager his solution was just to locked the door and it remained that way for the duration of our holiday.

The reception staff were courteous and carried luggage up several flights of stairs for guests.

All in all a very disappointing experience, we would never stay there again and other guests felt the same as us. To add insult to injury we were collected from the hotel at 1.40am for a 7.15am flight home we were dumped in the airport at three o'clock and the check in didn't open until two hours later, elderly and young guests were exhausted and had nowhere to sit, this is unforgiveable. Olympic needs to stop this immediately.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
1  Thank disappointed10127
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a nice time in this hotel we stayed two weeks, Cats yes a family Mr & Mrs and the two kittens adorable, its not in the centre, nice little walk away, it is value for money, we did move rooms as we was in the attic, but the staff are happy to help in anyway. It is in Hisaronu but it is only a Dolbus away which is cheap and run all the time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank YorkshirePride
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Spent 5 days here in mid September. Rooms are basic and could probably do with painting, but spotlessly clean . Food is good , salads fresh and good value for money.
I had a fantastic few days here, pool area is great and views all around the hotel are lovely. Please note this hotel is in Hisaronu not Olu Deniz . Even better in my opinion.
All in all great value for money. Felt very safe travelling on my own, staff are more than helpful

Room Tip: New rooms facing the pool are good to ask for, but I was in the back of the hotel, close to receptio...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wendyandsophie
Reviewed 4 October 2013

me and my boyfriend are just back from our first holiday together and it was great! the pink palace hotel is great ! brilliant staff and lovely food and its 3 mins away from hisarunas center! but the thing i loved the most was SAMMY the intertaner at the hotel he made everything fun and was a great laugh ! i would honestly go here if u want to meet great people and have great laughs! were already saveing up to go next year cant wait !

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank meganquinn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oludeniz
Hotel Greenland
#24 of 102 in Oludeniz
Tonoz Beach Hotel
Tonoz Beach Hotel
#13 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Pink Palace? Share your experiences!