“Great Hotel Fantastic Staff”
Review of Pink Palace

Pink Palace
Ranked #60 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have stayed in quite a few 3 star hotels in Turkey and this was the best by far.
This was the first Hotel where I have had air conditioning that I didnt have to pay for, a fridge and a hot shower whenever I wanted one,a tv, hairdryer, plenty of storage and a comfy bed
the rooms were well big enough, they were cleaned daily, clean towels everyday, as for the people who are knocking the place, get a grip, you use your room to sleep shower and change, not live in it!
The staff were out of this world, I wont mention any names as I am bound to forget one and upset them, all were very polite, friendly, and couldnt do enough for you.
I travelled alone and was made to feel safe and was well looked after, they all worked really hard, and always with a smile on their face. If people needed an iron or scales to check the weight of their case the staff were on it straight away, nothing was too much trouble.
Yes some of the tablecloths could have done with a wash, but I enjoyed every meal I had at the Hotel.
I stayed a week,and only ate chicken twice in the evening, the fresh fish, lamb and meat they served was fantastic, the fish just fell off the bone, plenty of choice of salads and the desserts were to die for mmm yummy.
The food was always hot, and there was plenty of it. from the freshly made omlettes made for you in the morning to the bbq,s in the evening, all the food was well cooked and very tasty.
Sammy the entertainer was fantastic, he made us all laugh, made everyone feel special and I won at Bingo which was a bonus,
I would like to thank the lovely Yorkshire gang who took me under their wing that first night, for the laughs, you made my holiday, I will try my upmost to get to your wedding next year.
I have been totally honest with this review, This is a great hotel that looks after you, if you do have a problem they try their hardest to rectify it.
as for some of the people who have knocked this hotel, Im sorry but your just picky, or you want 5 star but are too tight to pay for it. yes there is the odd whiff around the pool, but its the same whiff you get walking down the road in any resort in Turkey,
For the price you pay this Hotel goes above and beyond in my opinion. Well done to the Pink Palace for my lovely holiday, and yes I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank xxLynnexx

Reviewed 22 October 2013

first off
this is a 3 star hotel that does not pretend to be anything but a 3 star
this is the 3rd hotel we have visited in Hisonaru and even though they are all of a kind, this the Pink Palace is the best of the 3
I would say the rooms are 3 star but the shower is good ,the toilets work the waters hot and the room was cleaned almost every day (when on holiday only tend to sleep,shower and get changed in the room)
yes the towels and bedding may be looking a bit tired ,but they are clean
the food was good
continental breakfast including freshly made omelettes,cereals and a very nice coffee from the machine
lunch and dinner was very good always found something to eat with plenty of choice
the bar does not carry a wide range of spirits that are included in the package
the drinks available in your all inclusive are
vodka,gin and raki along with wine , local beer and soft drinks
plenty of sunbeds
and the main thing for us THE SERVICE
the staff that work here are 5 star
Sam the manager on reception
Sammy Rose the entertainment and music man
Hizzy (hope thats right) and his mate on the bar
and all the other people who put in long hours to make your stay enjoyable
as for the smell people mention its only a bit of sulpher from the chickens not sewage
its a nice steady 10 min walk each way into the main resort of Hisonaru
as for someone saying it was half way up a mountain ,yes it is if you are a keep fit fanatic or daft enough to walk up the massive hill from Olu Deniz,me I would get the bus
keep up the good work and ignore the Knockers
Paul and Joanne

3  Thank Pickardo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at the Pink Palace back in September. It is a great hotel in a fab location. Only a 5 minute walk into the nearby town of Hisaronu where there are loads of shops, bars and restaurants and a couple of clubs. We mostly went there when we went out of the hotel. There is also the lovely town of Oludeniz just down the hill. You just jump on a dolmus (bus) across the road from the hotel and it cost under 3 lira (£1) to get there. Lots of lovely restaurants and of course the beach!
The rooms at Pink palace are quite dated, but they are very clean, and we met so many lovely people there that we were mostly at the bar and pool area and barely spent any time in the room.
The food is very nice and freshly made every day. You can see into the kitchen where they cook everything and so you can see how hard all the chefs are working! Although we stayed for 2 weeks and it did get a bit repititive the second week. But that's not the hotels fault, they are just trying to cater for everyones tastes.
The bar staff were great and very friendly and always willing to have a wee chat with you when you are at the bar.
Sammy the entertainment guy was brilliant! He's got so much energy! Don't know how he manages to stay so happy all the time! He speaks to everyone and makes everyone feel very welcome! His entertainment programme is very good, the fire show is a must see! Very dangerous! He'll put on whatever song you request at nights and encourages people to et up dancing and having fun. Even during the day he is walking around the pool having a chat and a laugh with everyone. He can even swim 3 lengths underwater without taking a breath! Amazing!
Would definately come back again next year to see everyone again! They are like a family away from home!

Room Tip: Ask for the new block
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Loveatan88
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have just returned from the Pink Palace. The ugliest room ever. We were offered 2 other rooms but was advised that 1 was noisy from reception and the other was dull with no sun. So we decided to stay put. Hated it from day 1. We can confirm that food was only Luke warm most of the time especially at dinner. After complaining it did becomes little warmer. The food was good but let down by being cold.no one told us it was half way up a mountain. If you like eating your meals and relaxing in a sewage farm you will be ok. The smell at times was unbearable. There is no lounge to relaxin and after dinner if you stayed in you sat all the time on hard wooden chairs. Never been to bed so early on holiday. Nothing else to do. But going to bed was an ordeal. It was like going to sleep on a floor. The hardest bed and pillow I have had in over 50 years of holidays. Was happy to leave for home.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Blackpoolbelle2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013

no it was not a palace and reading some of the poor reviews they might have some point,but all in all I think the good bits outweigh the bad.On arrival we were shown to room 307 at the rear of the building next to the reception and first impressions were not great the room was small,but so I believe they all are and yes the bedding could have looked cleaner,but luckey for us I walked on to the small balconey and got in conversation with my neighbour who persuaded me that I would be as well off staying put as she had been moved from the reception building due to a poor room she did not want to spend two weeks in and did not think I could improve on ours.Well like most rooms it did soon feel o/k and most things worked and even the colour of the towels didn't seem to matter.We had no problems with the food in fact quite the reverse,and if you wanted bacon and fish and chips it was all two hundred yards away in hisaronu.I found its position ideal being on the main road giving easy access to both olu deniz one way and fethie the other.Bieng next to the road did cause some traffic noise between working hours and there are steps to tackle all around the hotel wich is worth taking note.The views from the hotel especially the alfresco eating area are fantastic and you can watch the paragliders taking off from behind the hotel and journeying down to the coast.Transport on the dolbus is very reasonable and frequent.If I had anything to grumble about it would have been some of the fellow guests that have a tobacco addiction and refuse to take any notice of the signs in the dining area.Turkey is not as strict yet as the u/k and these addicts know it and it is not up to the hotel staff to have to explain to an addict what a sign means,all in all I would not want to deter anyone from staying at the pink palace it is excellent value for money I thought and not trying to be anything it isn't.To the pink palace I would say get some plugs that fit the sinks and low season when us oldies come turn the music down or even offfffff joe.mr&mrs

Room Tip: rooms not facing the road might be quieter,management very good with any issues so don't be shy
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked this late on for cheap break unfortunately the hotel reflected what you pay. Tired rooms,tired linen, dirty table cloths. Sewage smell wafting across the pool. The staff were hard working though and cleared up after you very quickly. The food was always the same chicken casseroles mostly not alot of vegetarian options except for the salad bar which I have to say was of good quality and choice. This holiday has taught us not to do all inclusive on the cheap you get what you pay for. Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anybody but then again I can't see how they can raise the standards at the prices you pay.

3  Thank Simon R
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Originally we were not supposed to be staying at the Pink Palace but our hotel had overbooked us and we got transferred to here Thank God! We really did land on our feet, As much as the hotel rooms are basic they have everything you need and anything else you want you can ask for and they will do their best. Reception staff are very welcoming and helpful, The maid service is basic but You will always have clean towels and toilet roll. The food nice, Lovely fresh salads and deserts the only thing I could say is to have more of a variety on meat as they serve a lot of chicken but I love chicken so it wasn't an issue for me. Bar staff are very nice and you can have a chat to them,The Main part of the hotel for me was Sammy Rose the entertainment man! He really did make our holiday come together, he was so welcoming from the get go that we actually became friends with him, He really did go the extra mile for everyone. He even co-ordinates his own shows which are fascinating to watch. Definitely will be going back here next year to see everyone and will defiantly be staying at the pink palace... Thankyou so much to all the staff there and thankyou Sammy hope to see you next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends