“Wish I was Back there!”
Review of Karbel Hotel

Karbel Hotel
Ranked #45 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We stayed at hotel Karbel for two weeks from the 17.07.2010 and had a brilliant time. Hotel is very clean, rooms are quite small but if you keep them tidy it's ok. The hotel grounds are really nice, pool is good size and clean, if you have kids would recommend to take bottle of water and buy ice lollys because they only cost a 45 cent where a large coke will cost about 5 lira. When you order and food or drinks at the hotel you have to present a card and sign a reciept and then you can pay at the end of your stay. Only ordered pizza at the pool bar, it was really nice and reasonable priced 11 lira for a magarita. We stayed b&b food was nice enough, same buffet choice every day but served its purpose.

The main strip was really good lots of bars with food and entertainment. Recommend Njoy to eat, there food is VERY nice, even lasagne came out in a flamming clay pot!

Beach is lovely, went to lagoon which is nice but impossible to get in the main bit, its packed with locals you just can't get near. Advise to buy your own beach umbrella from one of the shops [ours cost about £8]. If you go to the beach a lot you'll save quite a lot of money, two loungers and a umbrella 18 lira. Pebble beach but I prefer this anyway the sand does my head in. Tip if you go to the beach toilets [advise to use only in an emergency] take a peg for your nose and some wipes or tissue as they don't have any.

Went on boat trip on Volkan 4 was good but would go on a half day trip next time on a smaller boat - just our preference. Went on Jeep safari which was an excellent day out, and cost 16 lira for adults and 8 for kids, out from 8am to 6pm including food. Great way to see Turkey and loads of fun., take a bag of sweets and throw to kids on way.....oh and expect to get drenched!

General costs: two adult meals, a childs meal, 4 beers and two large cokes approx: 80 lira [approx £35] which is very resonable considering the food is such good quality. Large beer average 5 lira and large soft drinks 3.50 lira.

One important note:DO NOT GET A DRINK IN DALAMAN AIRPORT IF YOU DON'T LIKE BEING RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two large beers and a large coke 45 LIRA!!!
Its a total disgrace, there are no prices anywhere in the bar and the staff are not very nice. My drink tasted like bleach so I asked them to change it [I don;t normaly complain but you just couldn't drink it], after being passed round 5 waiters noses and one even having a sip they brought it back and said it was ok! I refused to accpet it and they changed it. Total opposite to any bar or waiter in olu denise who can't do enough for you.

Overall had a great time, good food, gorgeous weather, friendly people, everything you need for a good hol......already booked for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lorraine1971

Reviewed 19 August 2010

Got there at 7am in morning was taken to the sheds but thought let's have a look and wat a surprise two rooms both with showers sinks and toilets and loads ov room so was happy the hotel is at the top ov the strip 5 mins walk to beach its set in nice gardenst 2 pools smaller pool is in amongst the blocks and the bigger pool is near the front both with bars so not far if u want drinks and food we ate dinner there only lovely chicken salad from here
the staff wat can I say wat a great lot at breakfast there was always banter with the young lads interact with them and they will with you kept nicking there trolley so they would keep nicking my cup but was all fun
bloke in reception bar was a bit ov a gigalo with the women but my missus wasn't bothered about him so no harm there
the porter don't now his name but looks like Jose mourinho so that was his name for all my stay but he works so hard and he's a great guy so happy and helpful came to say goodbye to us on our last day so that was nice
ossie behind reception was very helpful always smiling
and the girls too wouldn't take me up on me looking after reception so they could have a night out with my missus
and omer the photographer wat a guy so nice and good at his job not just there to make money out ov u have made good friend there if u go say high from Paul and mags
go to seaside for ur trip good lads there did my paragliding through them twice it was that good
gravity was was the company who I flew with such a great bunch ov lads flew with ufo and cemal
don't listen to a lot ov the reports on this hotel we had a brill time rooms a bit small but so wat u only sleep there yes there is dungeon rooms but if u don't want one don't book one and if u do get one ask and they will try and sort u out
over all think this hotel is great and might be going back next year some people can't please with any thing it's a 3 star hotel but think it should be 4 star
have some ace memories and have made some great friends so give it ago u might be mildly surprised

1  Thank Tubs69
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We are just back from a truly enjoyable stay at the Karbel Hotel. It was our first time in Turkey and the location could not have been better . The hotel staff were both friendly and very helpful. The room we stayed in was cleaned to a very high standard. We particularly liked the fact that the hotel do not allow reserving of sunbeds around the pool - More hotels should adopt this appraoch as it means that when you actually want to speand time at the pool you can do so with a lounger. we will definately be returning to Hotel Karbel.

1  Thank Michelle186298
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Cleanest hotel we have ever been to, This was the first Turkey holiday we have ever been on and we were a little unsure and didnt know what to expect but what a lovley clean place and friendly welcoming staff and we will be going back. The only thing was the Hotel card we didnt need all the travellers checks that first choice advised us on as you can pay your bill with a credit or debit card at the end of your holiday, which would have been nice to have known. The food at the hotel was amazing and wed night was bbq night what an increadable spread, we stayed bed and breakfast so we did eat out ,we tried nearly every restaurant down the town our favorites were Harrys overlooking the beach very cosmopolitan and delicious and the Buffalo Steak house yum yum. found Turkey expensive about £16 for a bottle of wine with your dinner and dinner about 30tl each roughly £15 each for a steak .But what a great holiday really wish we were back there. well worth it book it now shell and Les x

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shelleywelly45
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Got back on Monday 16th August after a fab 2 week break and loved it, hotel very clean, food was reasonable and plentiful in the hotel as we were on HB basis. Staff were great and very hard working. Evening entertainment a bit hit and miss but the breakdancers were very good.Beautiful location, main beach not good for children but other beaches around lagoon close by via free dolmus. Enjoyed swimming with a loggerhead turtle in the blue lagoon, the great massage I had in the town (not as seedy as it sounds lol very relaxing!!!) and the water polo organised by Eric and co at the hotel.

Only gripes??? Balconies and rooms a bit small but hey ho and it would have been good to have just a bit of evening entertainment for kids, just a 1/2 hour mini disco would have done.

This aside we cannot wait to go back, special hello to Colm, Margaret and Lizzie.FTM & SOTV

1  Thank MidlandsPaulo
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Well, what can i say?? I was dreading this holiday by what I'd read here on trip adviser. All I can say is that you will have to judge for yourself, my opinion is one of brilliant staff, cleanliness, great location, fab atmosphere, relaxing, not a dungeon room or tattoo insight! (apart from my husbands. Lol.)
We had a fab time, except it was cut short due to a bereavement back home, and in this situation it was the hotel manager that got us flights home, Thomson were not able to help, and wouldn't even bother coming to see us, as they'd gone home for the day!! Thomson 24/7 helpline? I don't think so!!
Anyway, back to the Karbel. I stayed in room 516, ample size for me, my hubby and my 4yr old son, balcony big enough for two chairs, no table though, but that wasn't a problem as it was too hot to sit out there anyway, the weather was absolutely fabulous. In the high 30's low 40's. It did rain one day but it was great, we still went in the pool which my son thought was fab ;-))
We stayed B&B, breakfast was basic, but generally something everyone could eat, we dined there al a carte twice, it was delicious and the best value for money we were able to find, Mustafa the head waiter was so professional and very polite, what a nice guy!
We would also highly recommend Captain Hooks, beautiful food.
We also traveled with my parents and on average a meal for 4 adults and a child, with a round of drinks was between 130 and 160 turkish lira, roughly about £65 - £78, not bad really. Keep away from imported spirits though, about a fiver for a single. Would we return? Yes yes yes, we are thinking of going back just to finish what we started.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Leanne28
Reviewed 10 August 2010

we had a great time in olu deniz, the people are very friendly and always ready to help'
this was our second visit, but the first time staying at the karbel.
we could not find fault with the hotel our room was enormous the staff excellent and the food of a high quality.
it was great not to have a noisy, intrusive entertainment team trying to get you to do water arobics, darts etc, etc all day, but to be left in peace.
its worth paying the 4 liro entrance fee per person to enter the national park/blue lagoon but i would advise you to use the beach on the sea side as the water shelves gently and the beach is spacious the lagoon side is very crowded with the sun beds lined up like sardines.
check out happy hours early evenings for pre dinner drinks there are some good prices around, and for lunch a lovely kebab was only 6 liro"s on the sea front or if you woluld like to sit down captian hooks on the main drag was great value.
all i all a fantastic time was had by all

1  Thank mandysandy