“Fab!”
Review of Saray Hotel

Saray Hotel
Ranked #9 of 54 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I loved the Saray! Me and my boyfriend stayed here last year. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was great and it was just an overall fantastic holiday! Loved EVERY minute of it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel V

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Hi to everyone.
Well here we go again the wife and I have booked our holiday at the Saray Hotel again for the
fifth time.I cannot believe the negative reviews.We have found the staff very friendly especially
Mustapha Ooznah?and le chef.Michael, well what can you say,Michael is Michael,in one ear
and straight out the other.Hisaronu and Oludeniz fabulous places to stay and visit.In Hisaronu
we found two Restaurants that we think are absolutely fantastic.Both restaurants are run by
brothers.El Nino Restaurant and Bar fabulous food great staff,great service and what a
fantastic pool. My wife and I spent many days at the pool.The staff could not do enough for
you.They looked after us with food and drink every day that we were there.The other
Restaurant is Domino's. Absolutely top class food.Osman greets you at the Front of the
restaurant and the other brothers are hard at work inside to make your meal memorable.
If you like prawns try his hot creamed prawn starter, to die for. If you are staying in Hisaronu.
these two restaurants are a must, lunchtime or evening.
Have a great holiday
Barry and Liz( Duchess 40)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Without a doubt the only people who have written a bad review about this hotel will be those families who keep themselves to themselves and don't join in with the fun.
I've been to this place 5 times now, and it's like coming home, the staff are always friendly and up for a laugh, Michaels a little bit overwhelming, but he's the life and soul of the party, Mustafa is one of the best people I've ever met, and even the chef, the cleaner ladies and the boss are always friendly and say hello, whoever said 'sullen staff' must have never spoken to them.
Also, hot water IS an everyday occurance, however there are set times that the hot water is turned on, if you read the manual of course.
Staying at the saray hotel is literally my happiest time of year, especially since it is so close to the village strip and it's clubs and resteraunts, even the staff will join you for a drink every now and then :) The hotel is very helpful when it comes to trips and anything else for that matter! One example, when my dad had a trip to A&E one afternoon the staff were ever so happy to help out any way they could, they translated what the nurses were saying to me on the phone while I had to sort out the money for his treatment, and I've seen several more cases of the staff really caring for the people staying here, from accidents to illnesses.
There's always good entertainment, turkish night is great,
BEST PLACE EVER.

Oh, and if it's your birthday, chef makes the best cake :)

Room Tip: The rooms in the front block are a little louder due to the music at the bar at night, The rooms in...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AmyTopliss
Reviewed 3 February 2012

the people leaving negative comments must be so stuck up cos this hotel may be basic but it is lovely! i went on my first holiday with my girlfriends and we had the best week ever.. the food was pretty crap but we paid so little for the hotel we didnt mind. i'll admit michael is a little annoying but apart from that the rooms, pool & bar were fab! amazing place for a first holiday with your friends. it is smack bang in the middle of everything and i would definitey stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jenn H
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I have to agree with the post before mine. If this was my first trip to Turkey. I would never return. Sullen staff dirty pool and loungers. My bathroom wanted a real good bleaching, the toilet seat was yellow and stained. The tiles cracked and dirty, and hot water was not an every day occurance. Never again would I stay there, there are much better hotels within Hisaronu, that welcome you, where staff are very friendly and happy to meet your needs. And look after you well during your stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
7  Thank TurkeytimeDeeDee
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Our stay at the Saray only happened because the hotel we normally stay at was closing early (we went mid October 2011) and because I knew this hotel was in a central location we agreed to change our original booking. On arrival we were met by a less than cheerful man on the reception desk, and, with the exception of the annoying man who we saw a couple of times around the pool area during the day, no member of staff spoke to us for the rest of our two week holiday! I have visited Hisaronu many times during the past 6 years and have stayed in a variety of hotels so I know what to expect but the hotel and staff were very disappointing! The cleaners came in everyday and did what they had to (literally only emptying the bins and nothing else) and as the weather on the first two days was not at its best (wet and windy) it was easy to see that the floor in my room was not swept or mopped the whole time we were there. All in all we spent as little time as possible actually in the hotel (maybe thats why we were ignored) but when we did speak to the staff we were surprised at the 'couldn't care less attitude'. I've never experienced this in any other hotel I've stayed at in Hisaronu (no matter how basic) and found the staff at this hotel to be less than helpful. The pool area was appalling with dirty, broken sunbeds and mattresses, no lights at night (actually it was so dark it was dangerous to walk around the pool to get to your room) and when we arrived the childrens pool was full of leaves, with an old rubiish bin floating in it!!! I also hope any future guests like cats because there's at least 6 or 7 'living' around the open door to the kitchen at all times! The list of 'Dont's' at the hotel also leaves a lot to be desired - I certainly didn't want a list of prohibited items and don't do this or that in my face afterall I was on holliday!

All in all we enjoyed our holiday as spent most of the time with friends at other hotels and I am going back to Hisaronu this year but will not be staying at the Saray again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jackie701
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel with a group of nine friends aged 21-24 for a week in june 2010 we had no problems really, its in such a great location, so close to the main 'strip' in hisaronu it was perfect, we went at the end of june and it was quite quiet still. it is a bit of an annoyance that u cant bring your own food and drink into the room, but on quite a few occassions i did bring drink back in and the security guard never mentioned anything to us, the maids came in to our room every day to clean it. The pool was cleaned every night and we never used to make it too the pool until about 10am or after everyday and always managed to get sunbeds to accomodate all nine of us!! we went to olu deniz beach which mustafa organised us a free shuttle for. It is a good base and was perfect for us who only spent time getting ready to go out and sleeping in our rooms and hisaronu is great if you like a good night out with many restaurants, bars and clubs. :)

Room Tip: If you want quietness ask for a room in the end block, top floor, some of us were in rooms here.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rangie46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oludeniz
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites
#13 of 102 in Oludeniz
Hisar Holiday Club
Hisar Holiday Club
#43 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Saray Hotel? Share your experiences!