Saray Hotel
RED Hotel(Oludeniz)
  • Pool
Ramos Hotel(Oludeniz)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsair connext yearthe main stripturkeyfamily roompool areaturkish nightgreat holidayturkish breakfastlocation is excellenthalf boardlemon treebasic hotelrooms cleaned dailyloved this hotelsunday roaststaying at this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were very excited to be going back to the Saray again this year as we have been there many times before, it turned out to be a huge disappoint this year. The bar prices were very expensive, the standard of food has dropped, the bar staff were only interested in the people who were buying them drinks on a night time. There was a young new barman there this year and each time we asked him for anything he would reply why, this got very annoying as he constantly said it. Towels were put on sunbeds as early as 11 o'clock in the evening, we made numerous complaints to Mustafa about this but it just fell on deaf ears. Be very aware of running up tabs as people were having things adding to bills that they didn't order. As for the so called slimebag security guard Chuchhill who prays on women by searching their bags and holding his hand out for money after taking our cases to the room, he is just vile. We feel that they have took the whole character away from this hotel. Bring back Michael and put the life back in to this dying hotel.

4  Thank 6,568
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The plus points of this hotel are nice family rooms, cleaned every day by the excellent cleaning staff and clean towells daily. Bathroom and shower a very good standard though you will have to pay for air con. The pool is good and also kept clean. The problem with this hotel is that the negatives beat the positives by a country mile. The breakfast "buffet" is comical, I'll leave it at that.
We were staying on a half board basis (biggest mistake we ever made) and on arrival we were welcomed by James who gave us all the info on the hotel and, as we arrived late, told us we could order a sandwich if we wished. He then said that as tomorrow would be our first day. there would be a complimentary drink for us with our meal. He then realised we were half board so he withdrew the offer. The half board menu is awful. You can order from the main menu at an extra cost which is fair enough but after two or three meals from the half board menu thats exactly what you will do. There is also a weekly Turkish night and you are charged an extra 10tl per adult if you want the food. The table service is also very slow and food average. On one occassion we waited over 15 minutes on a bowl of ice cream. The owner of the hotel eats at the poolside in the evening and as far as I could see, he never had to wait for his food. I had read the reviews regarding people being pestered and having bags searched by the slimy Churchill and I had made up my mind beforehand that I would point blank refuse to have any of my property searched. I understand that hotels do want food or drink brought in from outside, this is normal. We were never asked to show our bags but another guest at the hotel was and he refused, challenged this idiot to call the Gendarmes and he soon backed off. From stories I heard from other guests(regular customers who have now had enough of this clown and the inaction of hotel management) he rarely challenges men. If you want a sunbed, set your alarm for around 6am and you might get one. Some guests would leave towells on sunbeds before they went to bed at night and the hotel did nothing to discourage this. The bar is dead at nights, probably due to prices of the drink in the hotel but as it is in a good location, it is close to some great bars and restaurants.Tip: try the Oasis resaurant on the road opposite,leading to the main strip. Food is great, staff brilliant and it has its own pool you and the family can use. A great place and great prices. Hisaronu is a great little resort with plenty of hotels rated similar to this one. It does not even live up to its 3 star rating. Regardless of a hotels rating, the least I expect is to be treated like a paying guest, not to fit in with its strange regime. This hotel is more about the staff than the guests. If you hadnt guessed already, I wont be back to the Saray.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jambo1914
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've been returning to this hotel for the past 13 yrs always have intentions of going elsewhere but when if comes to booking its the saray all the way. It's had bad press due to the policies changing in Hisaronu and with regards to not taking stuff in you will find all the hotels are doing it so please don't target this one. The blocks look nice now since they've had a paint job and the rooms are nice since the refurb. I trust these guys with my life at this hotel especially Mustafa and Kivanc if anything happened to my children I know they would step in as I'm a single parent traveller. The Thomas cook rep this year is Mia and again has done the company proud as she will go out of her way to help anyone even if not travelling with Thomas Cook. The kids miss you Mia especially kenzie x. It's a 3 star hotel who's there to make a living so please respect there policies. If you want more go elsewhere. I love this hotel as its near to the strip and only a dolmus ride to olu deniz and fethiye. There is a waterpark in ovacik which is just minutes away. If you want the beach as Mustafa to call the seahorse to come and collect you it's lovely in the lagoon. Right guys see you next year I'm travelling in August 2014. Xx

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a great small hotel. You do get what you pay for so don't expect 5 star luxury. All the bad reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt. I see some reviews slating Churchill (night security) but if you speak to him and be friendly then he will help you out any way he possibly can. If you embrace the regime and speak to the staff like human beings they also treat you with respect. I had an issue that my room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the bins and after a short chat to mustapha, the hotel owner, we were moved to another room overlooking the pool. The service is exceptional and you are extremely close to the main strip. I have been to this hotel several times however my last visit was 13 years ago and it was great to see that they remembered who I was. Cannot fault the staff, cleanliness or location. If you are looking for a nice cheap hotel then you cannot go wrong with the Saray. I'm still here on holiday and can categorically say that I am looking forward to next week.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Iain3300
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Although the hotel in general is ok the regime that run it is awful searched our personal bags, asked to show inside our rucksacks too see if we were bringing in food or water. Treated like common criminals! Will definitely not be returning to the Saray.

5  Thank Trouty1325