“Downhill”

Ranked #94 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Downhill”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Went to this hotel 3 weeks ago. This was the 2nd visit to this hotel after going there 3 years ago. I have to say it has gone downhill, the rooms were never cleaned some of the staff were rude, including the manager. When one couple arrived there was a dog in their room.
The food was ok and the people we met there were extremely nice but I have to say I will not be returning again. The first time we went there was enterainment at night, this time there was nothing and at times you could only get one drink at a time from the bar meaning that everyone at your table had to get up and get their drinks.
It is true that this was only a cheap holiday but the hotel describes itself as a 4 star, I've seen more stars on a wet cloudy night.
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gary B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I promised myself I would write an honest review about this hotel...bear in mind that this is my opinion and we are all individuals!!! I wasn't expecting 5 star because its a 3 star hotel, the food was as per at most all inclusive hotels...repeated on a weekly basis, the salad was always fresh & plenty of it, if you like chicken & fish then you will be more than ok, as these were the 2 main ingredients for all the meals, not to mention the chips!!! there was no diffrence really between the lunch menu & the evening menu, which was alittle disappointing because I would have like to have made our evening meal (whilst watching the sunset) a bit special, but both meal times had the standard soup for starter, main of chicken, fish or meatball dish, then either fruit or cake for desert...The room was adequate the cleaning standards were excellent, the room included a hair dryer but there was no iron, also you will need to fetch towels for the pool because these are NOT supplied by the hotel and a lot of people were caught out by this and had to go and buy towels from the local shops. The bar staff were at times appauling, if not damn right rude but then again I blame management because they were kids probably paid peanuts and working very long hours, being left to pretty much run the whole show without guideance, one night my partner waited over 15 mins to get served a drink because they didn't know how to change the barrell!!!!, as individuals if you caught them at the right time they were ok young men. Do not expect much from the entertainment, WHEN they did bother to put anything on it lasted for around 15 mins and that's being generous, my partner went to the toilet one night and missed the so called Micheal Jackson tribute act who at the end of his performance went around begging for tips, which was pretty much the norm for all of the acts but as I say they only had a fire show, a belly dancer, break dance show & Micheal Jackson, there were 3 nights that nothing happened apart from they played some music.

As with any hotel if you dont fetch things to the attention of the management, then you can't expect to get your grievances heard, if you went to the right people then they were more than willing to help you out if they could.

As for the sunbeds well, these were in very short supply and being all inclusive Im sorry but I think each and every guest has the right to a sunbed provided by the hotel, there were some rather nasty and upsetting scenes between the guest in arguements over sunbeds and come on thats the last thing any of us go on holiday for!!!! or the feeling that we have to set our alarms in order to ensure we can have a bed rather than lying on the floor.

As Im being honest I have to advise that I did get food poisoning on the last day, it was a burger I had eaten just before I departed at snack time, I knew straight away that it wasn't right and thank god I only ate a couple of mouth fulls because I spent my entire transfer time vomitting in the minibus but thankfully once I had emptied my stomach I felt ok, although I didn't dare eat or drink until I was safely back in my own house.

The resort itself is wonderful and I am hoping that I can return with the rest of my family sometime soon.

Room Tip: I was placed at the back of the hotel on the ground floor because Im disabled, although you got some...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne C
Fethiye, Turkey
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Had some family staying in this hotel recently on an all inclusive basis and we visited them as paying guests. Charge was 50tl for two of us and for this we could eat in restaurant and drink free until 11pm at bar. Rooms/bathrooms are spotless as are all other areas of hotel. Food was very good, plenty to chose from. Only thing we weren't pleased about was that the guy in charge of the bbq was using the same food tongs to pick up and turn over raw chicken and cooked chicken at the same time. Also after 10.30pm they have a rule at the bar which only allows one drink per person which is a bit of a pain if you are with a group of people as each of you have to go and get your own drink. Apart from that excellent value for money. Staff in restaurant were very friendly and efficient. Would definately recommend, have never been anywhere else in Turkey where you could have a meal and drink until 11pm for 25tl. Fantastic value.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed for 10days in may and had a wonderful time. The food was good and an excellent choice, the room was great and there was always hot water. We had to ask to have our room cleaned and towels changed, but they were always obliging! Location was fab and there was a shuttle bus to the gorgeous beach. Dont listen to any bad reviews. i would go back tomorrow, if work would let me!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank shandnursekaren
merseyside
Reviewed 12 June 2012

my friend and I have just returned from holiday at the Dorian Hotel and after having read some very bad reviews didn't know what to expect and arrived in reception with some trepidation, we were shown to a very acceptable room overlooking the pool, good points:-excellent position, very clean, bad points:-not much storage space ie very small wardrobe, no shelf in bathroom, no hooks anywhere to hang things, just two small drawers for the two of us and a shower that wasn't exactly fixed to the wall! (we did report this but nothing was done about it) The food was very good, not michelin star but perfectly adequate hotel food, hey someone cooked it for me then washed my dishes why would I complain, there was amateur entertainment at night and the performers always came round with a hat for money afterwards. The two pools were lovely and very clean but not enough sunbeds and the resort of Olu Deniz was fabulous and just a short walk away. All in all a fabulous holiday and most importantly of all I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: we were in room 113 an excellent location
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jaycee14a
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We were able to get a good deal at short notice so were not sure what to expect hotel wise . We have stayed at 4 other hotels in Olu Deniz over the last 5 years (one of them 5 star) and have to say this was one of the best and should be rated higher than it is.
Our 9 year old grand son loved it as it had friendly staff , other children to play with and some entertainment in the evenings a couple of acts of which were really good.
There are two pools so its easy to find a quiet area. We felt the the staff were genuinely very friendly and there is a kind of family run feel to the place and it turned out that it is run by an owner who lives on site and can bee seen around regularly.
The gardens are well kept and provide pleasant walk ways around the complex and there were a couple of small "pets corners" which added to the getting away from it all feel .
The rooms were exceptionally clean ( we had to move a bed around once and the floor was spotless )
The food was of a high standard and there were some excellent dishes on offer , fresh kebabs , fresh pide, varied and delicious fish dishes lots of fresh salad and fruit and every day fresh baked bread out of a oven at one end of the restaurant. The food was different every day and a varied selection of sweets an fruit available each meal.
The house wine was delicious and very drinkable !!
Most of the time there was a chef cooking pancakes / omelets chicken etc etc in the restaurant to order.
One of us is vegetarian and there were plenty of options and some delicious "village/ rustic "soups
There was a good mix of nationalities and quite a few solo para-glider pilots ... something for every one .
We would recommend this hotel to any one visiting Olu Deniz and will try to stay there again in the future ourselves.
We had to wait for our late evening flight home and the hotel treated us very well and fairly in terms use of room and restaurant after official check out time ( not all hotels do this).

Thank you again to all the bar , restaurant and reception staff and complements to the chefs for a great weeks holiday.

Robin Yasmin and Fabbio

Room Tip: If room does not meet your requirements ie stairs / space ask the manager to change ! Most Helpful...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Robin T
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We went on 1st June 2012 for 7 days. After reading reviews on here, I was quite nervous but my mind was completely put to rest. Arrived to a twin room when we ordered a double with a shower that wasn't connected and fell off the wall, but after we complained we got moved to a beautiful room overlooking the pool. The room was lovely, air conned with the towels changed daily and the bed linen changed too. The drinks were lovely, very refreshing at the poolside!! The pool was clean, safe and enjoyable. The food was lovely and fresh, my boyfriend ate for England!! huge selection of everything. The staff were fabulous, our favourites were the cheeky monkey Ahmet, who would pick our plates we were eating off up as well as our phones, sunglasses etc would giggle with us and then put it back, making the meal that bit more happier! (I loved him that much i cried my eyes out leaving because I wanted to take him home) and Adzhi who was the most upbeat, happiest barman who would do anything to make you feel at home. To be honest all the staff were lovely, we loved them all!
The bars down the road are brilliant, would highly reccommend Shadow's bar and Buffalo's Steakhouse for food too. Both places have fabulous staff who were lovely and friendly (so much so my boyfriend went out on a night out with one of them!) and they will also do anything to make you feel wanted and at home.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, it was fantastic and only thing that could have been improved was the bed sheets as they weren't as comfortable as they could have been, however all in all it was a good time!. We will definitely go back! (even if only to go collect Ahmet and bring him home!!)
Jess and Mike, from room 402 Liverpool.

Room Tip: request a pool view room, we were in 402 and it was gorgeously placed!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple