“one star is too much -1 more like it”
Review of Dorian Hotel

Dorian Hotel
Ranked #94 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
lancashire
“one star is too much -1 more like it”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

came 26-10-2013
hotel looking is great room ok maids amazing staff are ignorant and crap don't give a stuff about guests last week of hotel opening everyday things are being put sea nothing is cleaned in restaurant till morning cats eating from food stands as good is left left empty coffee cup on table in reception this morning 8am was still there 6pm
you need to think long and hard to book here maybe better in summer full season but late on AVOID unless you like crap service and staff that treat you like dirt

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank thescallywaggers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Co Durham
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was our first visit to Turkey, I booked the holiday just a week prior to flying, with I must admit, very little research. Fortunately Oludeniz is a good resort to be in with plenty to do and the local people are friendly and helpful so we would certainly return. The hotel however struggles to be 3 star, the accommodation was adequate if you just needed a bed to sleep in. The room was cleaned daily except one when it was not done for whatever reason? The food again was adequate, you certainly would not starve but the quality was doubtful and the variety limited. The dining area was not cleaned well, the tables were wiped clean but the floor was left unswept and dirty. As were the surrounding public areas including the steps and poolside areas. The only bar was next to the main pool serving local wines and spirits. The selection was limited with just red or white wine, gin (no tonic), vodka and no rum. Loud music was played until almost mid-night every night which was uncalled for and annoying especially for families with young children. The staff were OK but with the exception of the kitchen staff who appeared professional and dressed appropriately for their catering duties the remainder were dressed in their own, often dirty, clothes. The owners wife was unhelpful and very rude to my partner which she asked her advice, saying 'talk to reception'. The weather for us was exceptionally good with just one day of rain so we spent as much time as possible away from the hotel. Overall we enjoyed our holiday and would return to Turkey but definitely not to this hotel.

Room Tip: High number rooms keep you away from the noisy bar and main pool area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SOCD

Travellers are raving about these Oludeniz hotels

newcastle
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Firstly, I'd like to say I booked this hotel for my October get away as I'd stayed here before, 2 summers ago, and it was a fantastic place!! However......This time round it was disgusting!! We requested block 5 at the time of booking, having stayed before, we knew the quality of rooms in this part of the hotel were much more modern. When we arrived they said they'd not received that request, even though they had replied to the email! We were shoved into block 2, in a room that had a broken towel rail, a glass shelf hanging off the wall, the tap was hanging off the sink, literally, and we had no hot water!!!! We asked to move and were told we'd have to wait 2 days for a twin room. The noise that night from the pool bar was so loud and unnecessary and kept us awake into the early hours. The next morning we went back to reception and were offered a room in another block but with a double bed, so we took it. It was of a much better standard and the cleaners were faultless, by far the best thing about this place, they are holding it together!!!!

By the 2nd night, i was persistently harassed by the shorter, long haired, greasy barman, his hands were all over me, trying to kiss my mouth all of the time and constantly in my personal space. I complained and told him straight, pushed him away, to which his response was always, ''but whyyyyyyy????'' Made me sick!!! Due to this, we ended up avoiding the all inclusive bar that was the package we had and went out more and more. On top of this, the bar absolutely stinks!!!! All the guests we had spoken to had also complained about the filthy stench. I was given a glass with a tide mark ring right round the middle, and said barman put his fingers into my glass to rub it off IN MY DRINK! On another occasion he rinsed a dirty glass under the cold running tap with no soap in an attempt to clean it before pouring me a drink, a drink i left on the bar!! I'm no snob but I have standards in that I'd rather not get ill on holiday because someone else if rotten!!! Also, the entertainment advertised no longer exists!!! nothing, nada!! Just slimy attempting to play music but can't let a track play through to the end, so you end up with noise consisting of a minute of one song, long pauses, then a minute of whatever next takes his fancy, yawwnnnnnn.

The food is as good as ever, fantastic and immaculate chefs, but the restaurant, oooft!!! The layers of dirt on furniture and the floor was foul for an eating place!!! And the restaurant staff were so rude, all except one tall lad with curly hair that was always lovely. the young girl wore the same clothes 3 days in a row!! That in itself is unacceptable for a dining room!! The juice and coffee machine were not cleaned or even wiped down the entire week we were there, and one of the dining room staff was wiping water marks off the cutlery with his finger and thumb rather than using a clean towel!!!!

The pool area was not cleaned once, whereas when I was last there it got hosed at least every night!! The foliage was growing out of control too, round by the 'nice' pool, there was a standing lamp post completely hidden by a bush, as well as a balcony on block 5 almost completely hidden by creeping plants, horrible!!

I'm not a natural complainant, I'd usually try to make the best out of a bad situation and think 'ah well', but not this time, so annoyed by how we were treat and how much this once great hotel has gone down hill. A hotel opened this summer behind here, the Marcan Resort, and a 2 week all inclusive stay there next summer costs the same as it would at the Dorian, so I highly recommend you look into booking there! It's absolutely gorgeous and the staff when we went to look around were so pleasant!!! I think the Dorian has too much competition with both this hotel and the Montebello next door, management have let it go, it feels as though they have just given up.

A V O I D L I K E Y O U W O U L D T H E P L A G U E ! ! ! ! !

Room Tip: Cleanliness of the rooms was of a high standard, could not fault the room cleaners, they were fab, b...
7 Thank Westne5
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed at the end of the season and the attitude of the staff was that it was one week to much for them.The room was adequate and the only clean part of the hotel.The steps and area surrounding the pool were filthy.This was my 3rd stay at this resort staying in different hotels each time.This hotel was the poorest i have stayed at, of the three.If you are not fond of eggs the food may be a problem.We ate out most nights and stayed away from the hotel during the day.The few occasions we did venture back, the food was cold and of poor quality. I would Not recommend this hotel unless everywhere else is full.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tony w
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just got back from a week here...it was absolutely fine...room,202 gf, spotless, fridge, air con, tv..the hotel was very busy with airgamers so a big mix of nationalities, restaurant/food was fine loads of choice you would not starve but not catered solely for UK but you are abroad think people forget that, 2 pools loads of sunbeds, I personally found all the staff very nice including Alex and Ozzy the bar staff , restaurant guys were great if you needed something they went and got you it, overall a good base for the price ...as for the people whining with upset stomach blaming the food think its more likely the 25 beers,bottle of vodka you sat drinking everynight, the only rude people I met was some English people expecting 5* but paying for 3* .....oludeniz was great will go back to resort and to this hotel same time of year.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maxnel2013
Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

After reading all the reviews i booked the dorian with great trepidation however at the price i paid (and the reviews i read) i really didn't expect much more than a dirty roof over my head.

On arrival i was therefore a little bit surprised...... so to sum it up....

The Room
We had a ground floor room which as requested on booking was away from the disco area. The room was spotlessly clean with fully working fridge, air con, shower etc. It overlooked the garden area which was well maintained and full of fruit such as limes, oranges and bananas.

The cleaners came in daily and gave us fresh towels on a daily basis. The towels and bedding were always left in pretty designs and on our second morning were adorned with leavers and flowers which was a lovely touch.

The pool areas were clean and no issues getting sun loungers etc.

Bar area did have a not so nice smell if you sat in one area - the solution is simple really. Don't sit in that area. Music was on until approx 11.30/ 12pm every night. If your room backed onto the entertainment area then this could be an issue if you like your early nights.

Dining room was clean and tidy and as you can see into the kitchen it also looked clean and tidy.

You could at times smell the animals (which looked well looked after) but again if you moved slightly it wasn't an issue.

The food (and drinks)
The food was really good. There was a wide selection and i really don't understand how anyone can complain.
Oh wait a minute.....I can!!! Certain individuals such as one charming young guest who stated "oh god there's nothing to eat AGAIN so i'll just have to have chips AGAIN." If all you eat is crap like chips and burgers and cannot venture away from that then yeah the selection is poor. (Though you could have chips every night!)
On the other hand if you like fresh salads and things such as BBQ/ grilled chicken, fresh cooked pizza, fresh grilled fish, chicken stews, mousakka etc then you'll be fine.

Drinks were fine - you could get a variety of teas and coffee throughout the day. I guess people have a point that you can't get diet versions of things but for me that wasn't a particular issue as i don't drink much fizzy stuff. The bar staff do have a tendency to be quite liberal with the drinks so watch amounts of spirits etc they put in!!!

The Staff
Again there have been quite a lot of negative comments. In some situations i think their banter has been misinterpreted as rudeness. Also maybe some people need to think about how they speak to others because unlike in the uk where you have to suck up rudeness and smile sweetly and get on with it it really doesn't work like that abroad. Yes at times service was slightly slow and not always with a smile but most of the times it was fine and i don't think i saw these guys have a day off in the week we were there so maybe consider that before you criticise.

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay and if i needed a cheap break in the sun i would return. I just hope this review helps people make an informed choice.

Room Tip: unless you like to party or have late nights request a room away from the bar/ entertainment area
7 Thank rebecca s
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

(30 yr old stayed in late October 2013 and paid £110 for the hotel)

Pros:

The room was simple, but clean and most things worked most of the time. to be honest past sleeping and washing in the room you shouldn't expect much more from this price.

The food was easily the highlight. Well above what I had expected the kitchen churn out tasty fresh local food 3 times a day with a wide variety. If your family are used to frozen rubbish every day when you're at home and are culturally challenged when it comes to meal times then you might struggle, but we ate there 3 times a day most days and didn't get bored. The price was worth it for the food alone.

The bar is what it is. but when it comes down to it, we had beer,wine and soft drinks on tap at any time of day for free...it wasnt the best quality...but who would expect it to be!

The pool was simple but fine if not a bit chilly upon entry. We had amazing weather so i guess that helped the entire experience as well.

the table tennis table and pool table was in usable order and provided us a break from the sun

Cons:

My room was directly opposite the dance floor and the bar plays loud music till 11:30-midnight-ish 7 days a week. This was ok some nights but others id have liked an early night and couldnt. My friends however had the forethought to request a quiet room upon booking and slept fine at 10pm. Ive no idea if theyd have moved me, as i didnt bother asking.

The bar and pool area was in need of a bit of a clean

Some of the staff are a bit moody but, i would be if i worked in an all inclusive 2 star hotel. End of the day the did their jobs, albeit sometimes with a mumble

Conclusion:
If i was guaranteed a quieter room on a night and i got it at the same cheap price, id prob stay here again if i needed some last minute sun. The great weather helped but i generally had a fab time.

Room Tip: request quiet room away from bar
3 Thank yorkguest909