“Great time”
Review of Dorian Hotel

Dorian Hotel
Ranked #93 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed 5 days with my boyfriend. Got room on top of one builiding with 2 balconies and large living room, which was lovely. Stuff was very friendly and helpful, everyone behaved nice to us. We spend most of the time on the beach, but when we came back I always enjoyed swimming in one of hotels swimming pools. Meal was nice - there was barbecue next to the pool and various meals in the dining hall. Tasty cakes, good beer :) We had really great time.

Room Tip: Definitely higher floors - larger rooms and not so much noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EveCZ

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the Dorian for two weeks from 4-18th October, this is our 3rd visit to this hotel the most recent in May this year. What a change. The staff are ignorant (apart from the kitchen staff who always spoke. The maids are lovely and the rooms were spotless but apparently they are contracted in), On the 5th day they closed the bar round the large pool so after that the pool area was never cleaned again, The main bar round the other pool was disgusting the smell was awful (it was like sick sorry) the tables never got cleaned until the day before we came home then it was only an attempt with a dirty looking towel barely damp no detergent, after cleaning the tables the bar was wiped down then the coffee machine then the juice machine all with the same cloth without cleaning the so called cloth in between. There was no entertainment at all only loud music played. The dining are was filthy, we had a storm and the floor was wet through after a little girl fell they decided to squeegee the floor the water was like sludge. The food was as you would expect from a 3star ok but could be better. For the last 5 nights we ate out due to the cleanliness (or lack off) of the dining room. The owner/manager or whatever he is is ignorant as is his wife. We spoke to our rep at the beginning of our 2nd week asking if we could be moved sh said she would come back to us, apparently she left a letter with reception asking to pass it on and we didnt even know about this till the day we were leaving thats how good the staff are
All I can say is AVOID AVOID AVOID unless they do something drastic. I have complained to the tour operator which is the 1st time I have ever had to complain about a holiday

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank parksy60
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

came 26-10-2013
hotel looking is great room ok maids amazing staff are ignorant and crap don't give a stuff about guests last week of hotel opening everyday things are being put sea nothing is cleaned in restaurant till morning cats eating from food stands as good is left left empty coffee cup on table in reception this morning 8am was still there 6pm
you need to think long and hard to book here maybe better in summer full season but late on AVOID unless you like crap service and staff that treat you like dirt

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank thescallywaggers
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was our first visit to Turkey, I booked the holiday just a week prior to flying, with I must admit, very little research. Fortunately Oludeniz is a good resort to be in with plenty to do and the local people are friendly and helpful so we would certainly return. The hotel however struggles to be 3 star, the accommodation was adequate if you just needed a bed to sleep in. The room was cleaned daily except one when it was not done for whatever reason? The food again was adequate, you certainly would not starve but the quality was doubtful and the variety limited. The dining area was not cleaned well, the tables were wiped clean but the floor was left unswept and dirty. As were the surrounding public areas including the steps and poolside areas. The only bar was next to the main pool serving local wines and spirits. The selection was limited with just red or white wine, gin (no tonic), vodka and no rum. Loud music was played until almost mid-night every night which was uncalled for and annoying especially for families with young children. The staff were OK but with the exception of the kitchen staff who appeared professional and dressed appropriately for their catering duties the remainder were dressed in their own, often dirty, clothes. The owners wife was unhelpful and very rude to my partner which she asked her advice, saying 'talk to reception'. The weather for us was exceptionally good with just one day of rain so we spent as much time as possible away from the hotel. Overall we enjoyed our holiday and would return to Turkey but definitely not to this hotel.

Room Tip: High number rooms keep you away from the noisy bar and main pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SOCD
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Firstly, I'd like to say I booked this hotel for my October get away as I'd stayed here before, 2 summers ago, and it was a fantastic place!! However......This time round it was disgusting!! We requested block 5 at the time of booking, having stayed before, we knew the quality of rooms in this part of the hotel were much more modern. When we arrived they said they'd not received that request, even though they had replied to the email! We were shoved into block 2, in a room that had a broken towel rail, a glass shelf hanging off the wall, the tap was hanging off the sink, literally, and we had no hot water!!!! We asked to move and were told we'd have to wait 2 days for a twin room. The noise that night from the pool bar was so loud and unnecessary and kept us awake into the early hours. The next morning we went back to reception and were offered a room in another block but with a double bed, so we took it. It was of a much better standard and the cleaners were faultless, by far the best thing about this place, they are holding it together!!!!

By the 2nd night, i was persistently harassed by the shorter, long haired, greasy barman, his hands were all over me, trying to kiss my mouth all of the time and constantly in my personal space. I complained and told him straight, pushed him away, to which his response was always, ''but whyyyyyyy????'' Made me sick!!! Due to this, we ended up avoiding the all inclusive bar that was the package we had and went out more and more. On top of this, the bar absolutely stinks!!!! All the guests we had spoken to had also complained about the filthy stench. I was given a glass with a tide mark ring right round the middle, and said barman put his fingers into my glass to rub it off IN MY DRINK! On another occasion he rinsed a dirty glass under the cold running tap with no soap in an attempt to clean it before pouring me a drink, a drink i left on the bar!! I'm no snob but I have standards in that I'd rather not get ill on holiday because someone else if rotten!!! Also, the entertainment advertised no longer exists!!! nothing, nada!! Just slimy attempting to play music but can't let a track play through to the end, so you end up with noise consisting of a minute of one song, long pauses, then a minute of whatever next takes his fancy, yawwnnnnnn.

The food is as good as ever, fantastic and immaculate chefs, but the restaurant, oooft!!! The layers of dirt on furniture and the floor was foul for an eating place!!! And the restaurant staff were so rude, all except one tall lad with curly hair that was always lovely. the young girl wore the same clothes 3 days in a row!! That in itself is unacceptable for a dining room!! The juice and coffee machine were not cleaned or even wiped down the entire week we were there, and one of the dining room staff was wiping water marks off the cutlery with his finger and thumb rather than using a clean towel!!!!

The pool area was not cleaned once, whereas when I was last there it got hosed at least every night!! The foliage was growing out of control too, round by the 'nice' pool, there was a standing lamp post completely hidden by a bush, as well as a balcony on block 5 almost completely hidden by creeping plants, horrible!!

I'm not a natural complainant, I'd usually try to make the best out of a bad situation and think 'ah well', but not this time, so annoyed by how we were treat and how much this once great hotel has gone down hill. A hotel opened this summer behind here, the Marcan Resort, and a 2 week all inclusive stay there next summer costs the same as it would at the Dorian, so I highly recommend you look into booking there! It's absolutely gorgeous and the staff when we went to look around were so pleasant!!! I think the Dorian has too much competition with both this hotel and the Montebello next door, management have let it go, it feels as though they have just given up.

A V O I D L I K E Y O U W O U L D T H E P L A G U E ! ! ! ! !

Room Tip: Cleanliness of the rooms was of a high standard, could not fault the room cleaners, they were fab, b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Westne5
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed at the end of the season and the attitude of the staff was that it was one week to much for them.The room was adequate and the only clean part of the hotel.The steps and area surrounding the pool were filthy.This was my 3rd stay at this resort staying in different hotels each time.This hotel was the poorest i have stayed at, of the three.If you are not fond of eggs the food may be a problem.We ate out most nights and stayed away from the hotel during the day.The few occasions we did venture back, the food was cold and of poor quality. I would Not recommend this hotel unless everywhere else is full.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tony w
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just got back from a week here...it was absolutely fine...room,202 gf, spotless, fridge, air con, tv..the hotel was very busy with airgamers so a big mix of nationalities, restaurant/food was fine loads of choice you would not starve but not catered solely for UK but you are abroad think people forget that, 2 pools loads of sunbeds, I personally found all the staff very nice including Alex and Ozzy the bar staff , restaurant guys were great if you needed something they went and got you it, overall a good base for the price ...as for the people whining with upset stomach blaming the food think its more likely the 25 beers,bottle of vodka you sat drinking everynight, the only rude people I met was some English people expecting 5* but paying for 3* .....oludeniz was great will go back to resort and to this hotel same time of year.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple