See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2008

the Dorian is fab i spent one week with a friend and a am returning in 6 weeks again on my own, i am 29 it is very safe the bar staff i thought were great not letches like others have put , the 3 lads that run the bar dj, are sercan,sam and sonic these guys are fab no problems despite what people may say, i spent 3 nights with these boys and some from the restaraunt clubbing and they looked after me with no problems atall,,,, . The restaraunt staff work even harder and are very helpful and friendly, one review says they work 90 hours and are unkept and smelly this is rubbish yes they work from 8 am till 10 pm they get 4 hours off after lunch which from what i saw are very smart clean and fresh smelling lads who deserve a good tip in there boxes, kitchen staff are funny and are also great they like ti have a laugh too. A for the rooms they are better than i expected air con, fridge, shower and a good size balcony, we had clean towels every day and extra if we asked for them with no problems the bed was changed twice which i was not bothered about as i was only there for a week, reception were great , helpful and cahanged money regularfor us and were chatty. T he area is amazing shpos bars clubs. the food was good i think people just want to moan about something we had chicken kebaab one night it was to die for , the food is healthy and it does change through the week, i hope this review has helped any one who may have had any doubts as i said i am going back in 6 weeks so that must speak for itself...

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Just back after 2 weeks in this hotel, rooms were ok, clean and we were luckier than some we got clean towels and bedding, food was very poor standard, continualy harrassed by the DJ to buy the DVD'S and Perfume he was selling. Reception staff arrogant and rude and Bar Manager sleezy had underage English girls working behind bar at night so All Inclusive guests found it very hard to get served. went to Blue Lagoon which was lovely ,would go back to the area but not this hotel.

1  Thank sin-edundee
Reviewed 10 August 2008

First of all My Husband, 9yr old Son and I have just come back from the Dorian - Olu Deniz ,and we have had a really nice holiday - a good rest and have alovely tan and some great memories.
However, the hotel has just been refurbished and the standard is not 4 star in my opinion. The banister on the stairs came off going up to our room - the bell boy loitered and then asked for a tip when he delivered us to a room(at 6am, just travelled all night) - the room was approx 6x6ft. It was not finished nicely the bathroom window was broken and there was still white filler all over the doors and decoration not done well. However we thought we will not be in the room very much and we had air con included, a fridge and lovely shower.
The reviews previously had mentioned the breakfast was the poorest meal - well all we had was bread rolls or toast for 2wks-there was ham and cheese, salad and olives but nothing for English visitors. It really did see the English guests as 2nd class the other guests were catered for much more.
It was unbareable to eat in the restaurant in the cooler times of the day -morning and evening as the flies and wasps were eating the food laid out. I found a huge fly in a bowl of salad.
The lunch was a cooked meal of usually chicken or some meat in a tomato based sauce(every day) there was no variety -pasta or rice with it every day and bread -the salads look beautiful but with the insects in them it puts you off.!
The desert was always small cakes in a light syrup, the same every day. The main issue was the lack of variety and the wasps and flies. Evening meal was the same type of food but slightly different, they reheated the food alot, but we were not ill. Some people were and they had to see the Dr who confirmed food poisoning.
The waiters were nice lads but sometimes smelly and unkept, they were young and worked 90hrs a week for pennies, they lived under the pool in rooms.
The Turkish, Polish etc were always served first and the bar only had 1 person at it - Ice cream in any form was not included so had to buy it. There was no English food for the children and if they didnt eat the food you had to eat out.
The coffee was disgusting, the only drinks included are tea, coffee, lemonade(they run out of) Turkish cola, and fizzy orange. Gin, Vodka, Raki and Tuborg beer anything else was up to 18lira a shot.
The pools are lovely the location was perfect away from the shops but 5 mins walking distance to the beach.
The manager of the bar in particular letched very creepily after the young girls and the younger the better -the night we left he had 14 yr olds in the bar working while he chatted them up!
We were not told to leave at 12 noon on the Friday and as we arrived on the saturday morning for 2 wks we kept our room however we went to leave for our pick up to come home and they asked for £20 as we should have got out at miday, well i told them very firmly that i had no intention of paying this and they backed down but they did try to bully us into paying this.
I would return to Turkey but not the Dorian, i thought i had a bargain 4* all inc , good price but the money you spent eating out made it very expensive.
The entertainment consisted of one of the lads practicing on the decks and blasting the music to loud or Kareoke! The music starts at 11am to 12.30am.
There was no kids entertainment or club at all. Kareoke started at 10.30 pm when the all inc ended at 11pm so they could charge the earth for drinks.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ThePoolbums
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We Have been to Oludeniz before and loved the area! The Hotel was Clean and Tidy but we did have problems actually getting our room cleaned on a regular basis. When we complained we were told that the rooms are cleaned every three days. We had problems getting clean towels! I think the worst thing about the holiday was the amount of wasps walking all over the food in the dinning room! I have never seen so many wasps, in the end we decided to eat out as it was easier than fighting with the wasps for your food!
We did have a good holiday but that was because of the other English holiday makers we met there!!!

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 July 2008

On arrival at 7am after a night flight, very tired we where shown to our room only to discover 4 goats in a pen outside the rooms. Im an animal lover however did not want a goat poo smell outside my room. I asked to change and was told they were all booked up. we had a 2 bed room with a put me up style bed which suggests 3 people in the room, however put me up bed not made for 2 days, also no towels left for third person. I found this strange as they made the other 2 beds? after complaining again, the bed got made but still no towels.
Air con did not work for 2 nights, I told reception the text day however that night no air con again. the 3rd night it worked fine.
We ate out most nights so wasted my money on all inclusive. Been all inclusive a few times and paid less, also in Turkey and I can honestly say it is the worst food I have ever had at any hotel, no fruit apart from melon everyday. Very basic. Be warned if you dont like Wasps you wont like the evening meal, they are everywhere, all over the food on the side annoying you when your eating, landing on your dinner, loads of them. familys with small children were moving tables to avoid them. also seen a dead wasp in the serving dish.
Towels are old and rubbish, rooms not cleaned properly as I could feel sand on the floor after they had cleaned.
The worst thing was that we had to vacate the room at 12 as you normally do. I always pay extra to keep the room and have done on every single holiday where I had to leave much later. But this was not possible here, I asked about it they said ask on the day you leave. I did not possible apparently it was booked. We had to leave at 12.00 midday and our flight was not until 00.00.
I complained to the large built manager as it was the last straw we had no room, no apology just a look of and what do you want me to do. I told him I would write this review. His answer was do it . I am one person and they have 300 people staying at the hotel. He was very rude.
All I know is I have never complained on holiday before, never had to. I felt I wasted my hard earned money here and should have gone self catering.
MANY PEOPLE WHEN I WAS HERE WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT TOWELS, ROOMS WASPS ETC.
YOU MAY HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY HERE, i WENT ON THE REVIEWS, LUCK OF THE DRAW I GUESS. YOU GO HERE AND YOU TAKE A CHANCE.

Date of stay: July 2008