“A most enjoyable holiday! Don't believe the negative reviews!”
Review of Dorian Hotel

Dorian Hotel
Ranked #93 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I have been to Olu Deniz twice before and decided to stay in the Dorian. After I booked the holiday I looked on Trip advisor and seen the negative reviews. As you can imagine I was a little concerned as I was taking my daughter and her friend, also my cousin and her daughter. Thank fully the negative reviews are unfounded, our room was overlooking both the pools, we had two balconies, I requested the top floor, quiet location with pool view thankfully the room met all our requirements. The food was delicious, the presentation and the variety was great. I have been to many countries on AI basis, Egypt, Cuba, Ibiza, Spain and the food here was equally as good if not better! I cannot understand some people who moan about the food? you are in Turkey not the UK if you want egg and chips stay home or eat out, remember you are in Turkey. The entertainment team were great, SAM especially & SONIC the bar staff were very good also. We all had a great holiday at the Dorian please don't be put off by the small minded people. I felt I had to post a comment as people only complain about negatives and not the positives. This was excellent value, I've been looking for prices for next year!Enjoy your holiday as we all did, we will definately return.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Dorian Hotel

Reviewed 15 July 2009

great in every way apart from the lonsdale clad knuckle dragging english people from up north who seem to think its their right to chuck their St.Georges or Union Jack towel over the sun beds about 4 30 in the morning,and the gold chain wearing jelly eeled eating southerners with their wives who see the blonde off birds of a feather as someone to look up to,are just as bad.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Visited this hotel with my 25 year old daughter, could not have been more impressed with the location, hotel, staff and in particular the high standard of the bedroom, (the shower and air conditioning were fantastic); the towels and bedding were very good. The food was what I would consider general turkish fare but appeared fresh and nicely presented every meal, there were no occasions where we could not find something to eat. We had no issues with the alcohol in the all inclusive programme; we enjoyed the wine (red and white) and lager and did not experience any difficulties being served. We did not make much use of the entertainment programme as we generally went out to other beaches during the day; it's much too nice an area to miss. However, it did appear that there were very limited sun beds and as far as I am aware it was difficult to get one unless you got up at approximately 6 am to reserve one in the usual way, i.e. towels. The upshot from this was that it you were fortunate to be there, it was very spacious and comfortable. Previous reviews had indicated the rooms above the pool/bar area at night to be particulary noisey, which is directly where we were but with no difficulties.

I have travelled to Turkey on a few occasions and this is one of my favourites. While I am aware of the star rating to be different from our own, it did indeed compare and was infact better than some five star hotels that I have visited in other areas.

A particular recommendation would be to have a turkish bath and massage in this hotel; very professional and the best I have experienced.

Reviewed 12 July 2009

I have just got back from staying at the Dorian hotel for 1 week.
To start off the food was great and had a selection of meats and different choices every night.
The staff were friendly especially Sam and Sonic who were the entertainers of the hotel, which made the holiday.They introduced themselves straight away and made us feel welcome. The music which was played during the day and night was varied for all ages and the enteratainment was very good and always something on.
It was about 2 minutes from the main strip and the beach.
The room was very spacious with 2 balconys, it was cleaned ever day, with fresh towels and clean bedding.
I would recommend this hotel as i really enjoyed my self and i know a lot of others did too.
All in all the hotel was a 9/10 and the holiday over all was 10/10.

Reviewed 9 July 2009

This hotel is in a quiet location in the resort at the top of the strip. The food is good and the staff friendly. However, the stay at this hotel was totally spoilt buy the loud thumping music played throughout the day around the pool and during the night up to 0130. The music was good but at such a high volume talking was almost impossible and sleep diffinitely impossible. The rep said that most people complain about the noise. The hotel wasn't full of young people so why they played the music quite so loud I dont know. Our other complaint was that if you wanted to stay around the pool during the day you had to get up before 0600 to 'bag a bed'. Not much of a holiday if you are not sleeping before 0130 and then up before 0600. We tended to go to the beach during the day as there were no available beds around the pool and then go out at night to get away from the loud music thus not making the most of the ' all inclusive'.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ladyaway
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We have just returned home from our holiday at the Dorian Hotel in Olu Deniz. We feel we need to dispel any worries some of you may have, as we did, about this hotel after reading all the terrible reviews before we left home. We were really worried about what we were letting ourselves in for as did a number of other folk staying at the hotel. We all agreed our worries were totally unfounded. The hotel itself is in a good location and is just a short stroll down to the beachfront. The staff were excellent and all extremely friendly and helpful. There was a good choice of food from breakfast starting at 7.00 am each morning right through until 9.00 pm in the evening. It was possible to find food to suit our whole family as we have a teenager and younger child there was a good selection for us all to choose from. Our room was cleaned everyday along with fresh towels. I understand the hotel is all inclusive and people want to get their money's worth but we actually left the hotel most evenings and headed down to the bar along the beach with the deckchairs and big bean bags on the beach - you can't miss it. It was just so relaxing to sit on the beach with a cool drink, listen to the sea and watch the moon and stars, it was just wonderful. We can honestly say that we enjoyed every minute of our holiday and just wish we were able to stay longer. I would recommend the Dorian Hotel to anyone wanting a good value for money hotel which is clean and well run. The staff work hard to ensure your stay is enjoyable and we certainly ejnoyed ours!

Reviewed 5 July 2009

Me and the better half have just come back from a weeks stay at the Dorian.
We had a brilliant time in and out of the hotel and would certainly recommend it, and even go back if the opportunity came up.
The hotel was very clean, rooms were done daily, and the surrounding grounds were kept very tidy.
The food was above par - judging on previous stays at different Turkish hotels - Hot meals were good, salad, soups and bread all fresh, also there was a stonebake oven towards the back of the resteraunt which served up fresh pizza and different tyres of stuffed bread. - The resteraunt manager will do whatever he can for you, and the resteraunt was thriving by the time we departed.
The bar staff were very friendly, and if you get on the right side of them will do anything for you. I personally took part in "Mr. Dorian" and was one of the winners on the night, the bar staff then gave me and the Mrs. free drinks for the rest of the night, which suited us fine!
The entertainment staff were excellent, especially Sam, the guy is a real character and definately made our stay by the end of the holiday, Daytime entertainment included: Water Polo, Water aerobics, Surf Board Game, and a water basketball net, amongst others.
The Reception staff were very friendly, and upon having problems arranging our transfers, did everything in their power to get it sorted for us.
The all inclusive runs from 10am until 11pm, I would advise to get very drunk before 11, otherwise you will have to pay there-after.
A couple of nights we went elsewhere, We had an amazing meal downtown, at a steak resteraunt to the right at the bottom of the hill along the beach, it really was perfect and would recommend at least one night eating out. We also went to a few bars, which was great fun, I myself ended up pole dancing - Dont Ask.
A few people give this hotel some stick, I just dont understand why. If you're paying around £300 for a week all inclusive, dont expect anything else, In my opinion this is the best hotel I have stayed at in turkey (7th time of travelling) for food, and service.
If you're reading this review and thinking "should I book it??" - BOOK IT.
this hotel see's 400 guests a week, Its understandable a few people have a bad time for whatever reason. I can gaurentee that the other 390 would have loved it.
Hope this has helped.