“most staff friendly, music so loud you could not relax, entertainment staff ran the hotel wake up dorian manager.”
Review of Dorian Hotel

Dorian Hotel
Ranked #94 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
london
Reviewed 19 July 2009

we paid 458 all inclusive and for that price you feel ashamed to complain, but the food was cold on occassion but it it did improve, the music was distorted and out of controll it was so loud, the more you complained the louder it got, same complaint as last year no improvement and still no sunbeds but if half the resort has to pay to go to the beach and eat out then it ceases to be value for money.
there was some disrespect towards some women and the bar staff still asking for customers to buy drinks and pocketing the money same complaint as last year. Sam and Sonit selling fake perfume to customers which were rubbish and telling every one this is how you get raffle prizes and entertainment. If you are 17 to 30 go to the dorian you will have a great time, cheap, hot, and loud. if you have young children there is no childrens club and extremly loud at night. and there is other very good hotels that respect the 12.00 curfew about shutting of music imposed by turkish law . This could become a great hotel and has enormous potential if managerment listened.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank marthyLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Wales
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Just returned from Turkey, had a really good time, the only complaint I have is that there is so few sunbeds for the amount of people who're there. I can only assume that this is management's way of ensuring that as there's not enough sunbeds you'll head off to the beach rather than take advantage of their all inclusive. Sayin that though, there really wasnt much else I can complain about. The food was a great variety, the staff were really friendly and the rooms were clean and big enough. The bar did run out of lemonade AND lime and didn't replenish until the night before we went home but for what I paid i''m extremely happy with my holiday. I would definatly go back again, altho I would say if you had very young children (which i dont) its not right for you.
Special thanks to Sam the entertainer you were gr8!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
South Wales
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I have been to Olu Deniz twice before and decided to stay in the Dorian. After I booked the holiday I looked on Trip advisor and seen the negative reviews. As you can imagine I was a little concerned as I was taking my daughter and her friend, also my cousin and her daughter. Thank fully the negative reviews are unfounded, our room was overlooking both the pools, we had two balconies, I requested the top floor, quiet location with pool view thankfully the room met all our requirements. The food was delicious, the presentation and the variety was great. I have been to many countries on AI basis, Egypt, Cuba, Ibiza, Spain and the food here was equally as good if not better! I cannot understand some people who moan about the food? you are in Turkey not the UK if you want egg and chips stay home or eat out, remember you are in Turkey. The entertainment team were great, SAM especially & SONIC the bar staff were very good also. We all had a great holiday at the Dorian please don't be put off by the small minded people. I felt I had to post a comment as people only complain about negatives and not the positives. This was excellent value, I've been looking for prices for next year!Enjoy your holiday as we all did, we will definately return.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
caersws
Reviewed 15 July 2009

great in every way apart from the lonsdale clad knuckle dragging english people from up north who seem to think its their right to chuck their St.Georges or Union Jack towel over the sun beds about 4 30 in the morning,and the gold chain wearing jelly eeled eating southerners with their wives who see the blonde off birds of a feather as someone to look up to,are just as bad.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
shotts
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Visited this hotel with my 25 year old daughter, could not have been more impressed with the location, hotel, staff and in particular the high standard of the bedroom, (the shower and air conditioning were fantastic); the towels and bedding were very good. The food was what I would consider general turkish fare but appeared fresh and nicely presented every meal, there were no occasions where we could not find something to eat. We had no issues with the alcohol in the all inclusive programme; we enjoyed the wine (red and white) and lager and did not experience any difficulties being served. We did not make much use of the entertainment programme as we generally went out to other beaches during the day; it's much too nice an area to miss. However, it did appear that there were very limited sun beds and as far as I am aware it was difficult to get one unless you got up at approximately 6 am to reserve one in the usual way, i.e. towels. The upshot from this was that it you were fortunate to be there, it was very spacious and comfortable. Previous reviews had indicated the rooms above the pool/bar area at night to be particulary noisey, which is directly where we were but with no difficulties.

I have travelled to Turkey on a few occasions and this is one of my favourites. While I am aware of the star rating to be different from our own, it did indeed compare and was infact better than some five star hotels that I have visited in other areas.

A particular recommendation would be to have a turkish bath and massage in this hotel; very professional and the best I have experienced.

• Stayed July 2009
Wales
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I have just got back from staying at the Dorian hotel for 1 week.
To start off the food was great and had a selection of meats and different choices every night.
The staff were friendly especially Sam and Sonic who were the entertainers of the hotel, which made the holiday.They introduced themselves straight away and made us feel welcome. The music which was played during the day and night was varied for all ages and the enteratainment was very good and always something on.
It was about 2 minutes from the main strip and the beach.
The room was very spacious with 2 balconys, it was cleaned ever day, with fresh towels and clean bedding.
I would recommend this hotel as i really enjoyed my self and i know a lot of others did too.
All in all the hotel was a 9/10 and the holiday over all was 10/10.

• Stayed July 2009
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2009

This hotel is in a quiet location in the resort at the top of the strip. The food is good and the staff friendly. However, the stay at this hotel was totally spoilt buy the loud thumping music played throughout the day around the pool and during the night up to 0130. The music was good but at such a high volume talking was almost impossible and sleep diffinitely impossible. The rep said that most people complain about the noise. The hotel wasn't full of young people so why they played the music quite so loud I dont know. Our other complaint was that if you wanted to stay around the pool during the day you had to get up before 0600 to 'bag a bed'. Not much of a holiday if you are not sleeping before 0130 and then up before 0600. We tended to go to the beach during the day as there were no available beds around the pool and then go out at night to get away from the loud music thus not making the most of the ' all inclusive'.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends