“Would definitely return!”

Ranked #35 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Kent, United Kingdom
“Would definitely return!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had a fantastic week’s holiday in Olu Deniz and we would definitely return and stay at the Oyster Residence. The location of this hotel was brilliant, you are right on the seafront and it was SO easy to get everywhere, the beach and restaurants are a 10 second walk. I loved just being able to pop back from the beach to the hotel room if I forgot something. Previous reviewers have mentioned the noise from neighbouring bars and they are right, however, the music is only up to midnight and to be honest most people don’t go out to eat in Turkey until after 8pm, by the time we had eaten and were back at the hotel it was 11ish so really you don’t have long until the music turns off at 12. For us the great location of the hotel was more important than going to sleep at 10pm, I think it just depends what you are after.
The Oyster Residence is a beautifully designed hotel with a stunning pool and restaurant area overlooking the beach, the service was faultless as well. Our air-con stopped working so I visited the reception to report the problem, half an hour later and a company arrived to fix it so they really do care about providing great service.
Now for the negatives, only a couple and I hope the hotel read them so they can change these things and make it a 5 point score (if trip advisor had allowed me I would have given 4.5 really). I found the food a bit disappointing which was such a shame, the breakfasts were fine, nothing special though and in a hotel were everything else is pretty great it just seemed to be noticeable. They never changed the breakfasts, in the restaurants next door, they were doing frozen smoothies, fresh juice, eggs benedict etc, at Oyster it was the same old eggs, cereals, yoghurts and fruits, these were fine and perfectly edible but I think it would have been good if they even changed the fruits or made up a big fruit salad rather than just laying out some melon and apricots etc. We ate at the restaurant once in the evening and again the food was ok but really overpriced compared to Buzz Bar and The Jade residence restaurants next door where the food was gorgeous. The other negative is the soundproofing in the hotel, not actually from outside but more between rooms. I was quite surprised how much we could hear other people! I could hear their conversations, televisions etc almost as if there was no wall! I was then aware that they could always hear us as well and it just didn’t feel very private. If you are on the top floor I guess it might not be that bad because maybe you wouldn’t have everyone walking past your room on the way to breakfast but I think it is just one of those buildings were unfortunately the sound proofing isn’t that great. Those are the only two negatives, I have included them really to just be honest and give the negatives incase one of these would really affect your holiday.
I think Olu Deniz is a lovely resort, there is a nice friendly vibe to it, most of the people staying seemed to be couples, loads to do in the area, some of my recommendations:
Blue Lagoon beach – 10 minute walk from the Oyster residence, a beautiful beach with sunloungers/café etc. We hired a canoe out but they also have other watersports like ringos/banana rides etc.
Sanctuary Day Spa – 5 minutes from the hotel, we had a Turkish bath, massage and facial and it was the best I have ever had – I have written an individual review for this as it was so good.
Day trip to the mud baths and turtle beach – we travelled with Pioneer travel, a good day out and nice to see a different part of Turkey etc.
Paragliding – my boyfriend went paragliding with SKY Sports – he really enjoyed it – I watched from the pool!!

We will definitely return to Olu Deniz and would stay at the Oyster Residence because I really do think it is the best hotel in the area to be honest, it is a proper boutique hotel with beautiful design features and the best location. If you are looking for a holiday as a couple where you can relax by the beach /pool some days along with a good selection of day trip/activities the next then I think you will like this resort.

Room Tip: I would go for a room with a terrace next time
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SummersVillas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Just returned from this Oasis! I can honestly say that it is the best hotel we have ever had the priveledge of staying in.. The atmosphere is created by the staff who are professional but unobtrusive.Our room was on the second floor with a charming Juliet balcony, loved the stripped wooden floors and romantic decor, bathrooms very modern , twin sinks and amazing showers. We had breakfast overlooking the beach, masses of choice including hot breakfasts, we also had dinner in the restaurant on three occasions, excellent, and lovely food..Noise was not an issue to us , but we are night owls..I do agree with one of the reviews re hanging space, another wardrobe or rail would be nice, maxi dresses are an item most women take on holiday, but it really was a minor issue..We loved everything about this hotel, I know you will too!

Room Tip: all the rooms are good but if going JULY/AUG maybe the terrace rooms would be cooler
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. It is on the sea front and the garden where you have breakfast overlooks the sea. Unfortunately some hotel guests seem to reserve several sunbeds regularly so if you wish to sunbathe it is best to book a ground floor room as they have their own sunbeds.
We didn't find the rooms very comfortable and there was barely any space to put clothes - nor was there any full-length hanging space.
The bar next door is very noisy (one night until 4am) so take ear-plugs! But this is still one of the best hotels in Oludeniz as noise is a problem everywhere in the town.

Room Tip: Book a ground floor room if you want your own sunbed.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Romantic, beach front location, boutique hotel very beautiful, can't wait to eat in the restaurant again, the staff are friendly too!
We went there with our best friends in July 2012, we thoroughly enjoyed it. We are going back in July 2013 can't wait!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The hotel itself is so gorgeous, quiet, tranquil, relaxing, more like as another has commented; a Mediterranean manor or a French chateau with its gorgeous shuttered french doors and Olive Trees in the grounds. We stayed at Oyster specifically because it didn't let children stay as we were on our honeymoon. We actually got married in Olu Deniz and had lots of family and friends staying in all the other hotels and every single one that came to visit us said the same thing "WOW"! The hotel staff were very helpful and very friendly especially the maids who left us flowers after the wedding. The rooms were huge in comparison to all the other hotels and so clean and stayed quite cool even in the middle of the day so we rarely had to put the air con on. We didn't have any problems ourselves with noise, there were only 2 nights I can remember it being quite loud because they had a band on next door at the Help Bar and another night where they had a wedding on at the Jade, but compared to the other hotels that were all on the main strip the Oyster Residence was pretty quiet.

Room Tip: I would recommend paying a little bit more and getting a room with a garden terrace.
Casino
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I went on a holiday with my friend and her parents to Turkey. We stayed two nights at the Oyster Residence. We had a lovely room, everywhere is beautifully decorated.
The breakfast is wonderful: fresh fruit, turkish yogurt and honey, muesli, nuts, cold meat and cheeses, tomato, cucumber, they can also make you omelettes, bacon, eggs.
The location is absolutely perfect! There can be a bit of noise at night, but that is all apart of the fun. The beach is literally across the pavement and other restaurants and shops are next to the hotel.
The staff are very accommodating, with a great sense of humour, they fulfil any requests with a big smile.

Room Tip: The honeymooners suit has a VERY low ceiling, as it is slanted. I would suggest not picking this roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Miranda A
Memphis
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed at the Oyster in Oludeniz for a week. It was a wonderful place very close to the beach. The rooms were very nice and the staff friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant on the property that has good food for lunch and dinner. There is also an excellent pool on the property shaded by olive trees. A very good breakfast comes with your stay. The water at Oludeniz beach is beautiful. The rest of the town does not have much to offer but you are close to other sites of interest. Most of the restaurants in town cater to the significant number of British tourists so the food isn't quite as traditional as we had at several places in Istanbul, which isn't to say that it is bad.