We had a fantastic week’s holiday in Olu Deniz and we would definitely return and stay at the Oyster Residence. The location of this hotel was brilliant, you are right on the seafront and it was SO easy to get everywhere, the beach and restaurants are a 10 second walk. I loved just being able to pop back from the beach to the hotel room if I forgot something. Previous reviewers have mentioned the noise from neighbouring bars and they are right, however, the music is only up to midnight and to be honest most people don’t go out to eat in Turkey until after 8pm, by the time we had eaten and were back at the hotel it was 11ish so really you don’t have long until the music turns off at 12. For us the great location of the hotel was more important than going to sleep at 10pm, I think it just depends what you are after.
The Oyster Residence is a beautifully designed hotel with a stunning pool and restaurant area overlooking the beach, the service was faultless as well. Our air-con stopped working so I visited the reception to report the problem, half an hour later and a company arrived to fix it so they really do care about providing great service.
Now for the negatives, only a couple and I hope the hotel read them so they can change these things and make it a 5 point score (if trip advisor had allowed me I would have given 4.5 really). I found the food a bit disappointing which was such a shame, the breakfasts were fine, nothing special though and in a hotel were everything else is pretty great it just seemed to be noticeable. They never changed the breakfasts, in the restaurants next door, they were doing frozen smoothies, fresh juice, eggs benedict etc, at Oyster it was the same old eggs, cereals, yoghurts and fruits, these were fine and perfectly edible but I think it would have been good if they even changed the fruits or made up a big fruit salad rather than just laying out some melon and apricots etc. We ate at the restaurant once in the evening and again the food was ok but really overpriced compared to Buzz Bar and The Jade residence restaurants next door where the food was gorgeous. The other negative is the soundproofing in the hotel, not actually from outside but more between rooms. I was quite surprised how much we could hear other people! I could hear their conversations, televisions etc almost as if there was no wall! I was then aware that they could always hear us as well and it just didn’t feel very private. If you are on the top floor I guess it might not be that bad because maybe you wouldn’t have everyone walking past your room on the way to breakfast but I think it is just one of those buildings were unfortunately the sound proofing isn’t that great. Those are the only two negatives, I have included them really to just be honest and give the negatives incase one of these would really affect your holiday.
I think Olu Deniz is a lovely resort, there is a nice friendly vibe to it, most of the people staying seemed to be couples, loads to do in the area, some of my recommendations:
Blue Lagoon beach – 10 minute walk from the Oyster residence, a beautiful beach with sunloungers/café etc. We hired a canoe out but they also have other watersports like ringos/banana rides etc.
Sanctuary Day Spa – 5 minutes from the hotel, we had a Turkish bath, massage and facial and it was the best I have ever had – I have written an individual review for this as it was so good.
Day trip to the mud baths and turtle beach – we travelled with Pioneer travel, a good day out and nice to see a different part of Turkey etc.
Paragliding – my boyfriend went paragliding with SKY Sports – he really enjoyed it – I watched from the pool!!
We will definitely return to Olu Deniz and would stay at the Oyster Residence because I really do think it is the best hotel in the area to be honest, it is a proper boutique hotel with beautiful design features and the best location. If you are looking for a holiday as a couple where you can relax by the beach /pool some days along with a good selection of day trip/activities the next then I think you will like this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a traditional Fethiye stone house surrounded by olive trees, Oyster provides air conditioned rooms with balconies and free Wi-Fi. It features an outdoor pool and grounds with lounge beds. A minibar and a TV are in each room at Oyster Residences. All rooms come with private modern bathrooms and are decorated in pastel colors. Some rooms include a private furnished terrace. A range of dishes are served at Oyster's restaurant. Guests can eat outside on the terrace or relax with a drink lounge. Massage treatments are offered and guests can enjoy reading the hotel's private library. Free private parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Oyster Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Residence Oludeniz Hotel Oludeniz
- Oyster Residence Hotel Oludeniz
- Oludeniz Oyster Residence Hotel