The photos on the web and in brochures do not do this hotel justice, as now you cannot see the pool from the bar or for that matter any one part of the hotel to another because of the beautiful flowers, trees, chilli peppers, tomatoes (I kid you not) etc, which have now established themselves. This makes the whole atmosphere feel so tranquil and somehow cuts down any intrusive noise. Yes, you can hear the nightlife a little as Olu Deniz is a lively resort, but in no way are you affected by it and if you are worried go to a villa in the hills!
I agree about the towels around the pool, very annoying, but this now seems to be an established exercise from wherever you come from in the world, so best do what my husband and I did chill out on your terrace as they provide lovely beds and chairs and just pop up for a splash in the pool or order a drink from the bar and the waiters will even bring it to you on your terrace when it gets too hot. Sorry for all you folks who were in the rooms without a terrace, but hey you may be the people doing the towel thing so probably not that bothered!
Our room was very spacious lots of room for clothes in wardrobe, but not too much draw space unfortunately, but on holiday so you make do. Bathroom was big and because we had a terrace room we had the added extra of the steam facility in the shower - really cool, who needs to go to a Turkish Bath! All very tastefully furnished and the maids were brilliant, not only did they clean the rooms beautifully, on our last day had a superb flower arrangement on our bed, they were always around the public areas keeping the place spotless.
As for the bar staff/waiters (I kid you not this is multi-tasking) Ismail, Muhammet, Mustafa and Hemdi, these guys were the best, nothing was too much trouble. If you booked a table for your evening meal (non-hotel guests could eat here) you did not have to specify a time that table was yours when you needed it, so no looking at the clock all the time. I even had my place at the table decorated with flowers. Respect to these guys they worked really hard and were up long hours, but still had a smile.
Overall, this hotel was just what my husband and I needed after a very busy year. The hotel was superb, relaxed and chilled, but if you want action there is plenty to do and see just outside this oasis - we opted for the relaxed approach and for once we did not get restless by the second week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a traditional Fethiye stone house surrounded by olive trees, Oyster Residences provides air conditioned rooms with balconies and free Wi-Fi. It features an outdoor pool and grounds with lounge beds. A minibar and a TV are in each room at Oyster Residences. All rooms come with private modern bathrooms and are decorated in pastel colors. Some rooms include a private furnished terrace. A range of dishes are served at Oyster's restaurant. Guests can eat outside on the terrace or relax with a drink lounge. Massage treatments are offered and guests can enjoy reading the hotel's private library. Free private parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Oyster Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Residence Oludeniz Hotel Oludeniz
- Oyster Residence Hotel Oludeniz
- Oludeniz Oyster Residence Hotel