“"Turkish Delight"”
Review of Oyster Residences

Oyster Residences
Ranked #39 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Thank you Trip Advisor and reviewers, what a lovely boutique hotel you help me choose. Our first visit to Oludeniz and we will be coming back to the Oyster Residence next year. The location of this place is right on the beach and the exterior is very picturesque, old olive tree's hugging around the pool and pretty gardens makes it feel very quaint and romantic. We stayed in a balcony room which was tastefully decorated, very clean and I’m already missing the bed, very comfortable. We stayed two weeks on H/B and the food was fantastic, well presented, varied and generous portions, we particularly liked the BBQ nights. All the staff were very friendly and attentive and went out of their way to make our holiday that extra special. We went on many trips whilst there and because of another guest recommendation we went out with one of the staff (Mustafa) on his boat for a private trip around the breath-taking shore line, stopping at various locations to snorkel and was fortunate to grab a pancake (cooked there & then) from a lovely old couple on a tiny boat in the warm sparkling blue sea, we thoroughly enjoyed this. A special thanks to Mohammed for going out of his way to obtain some gorgeous local honey. We spoke to many returning guest and from the time we set foot in this beautiful, romantic, tranquil hotel we new we had made the perfect choice

1  Thank Mark P

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Here we are back at the oyster once again
Old faces in old places returning to the scene of the crime
Remembering all the good times we had way back when
And looking forward for more to come in time

It's the wonderful welcome from all the staff
And the fact that they seem to remember us
Their friendly service and sense of fun that makes us laugh
And their willingness to help with the minimum of fuss

Lying by the pool in a sun dappled shade
Watching the shadows of the sky hawks above
How can such beauty and tranquility be so natural and yet man made
It feels like a second home and fits us perfectly like a glove

The food at the bars is exciting and fresh
And the music accompanies the chilled out feel
The waiters must be psychic I guess
Because they always seem to know when you're ready to order your meal

The week that I booked seems to pass in a flash
A true glimpse of a paradise on earth
And nothing here costs that much cash
Although I highly value it's quality and it's worth

When you talk to the other guests you realise they all feel the same
They're happy with the Turkish way of living
And many of them return here time and time again
To experience the gift that keeps on giving

So take my advice and give the oyster a go
It's such a beautiful and yet restful place
Flying from England will only take you a mo
It's ideal if you want to escape the rat race

Room Tip: Choose a garden terrace room. They're well worth the extra money.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was our 5th time at oyster ,so what can I say that I haven't already . If you are reading the reviews and wondering about booking ,I would say do it ,you won't be dissapointed ..... This hotel really is as pretty as the photos show , it's quiet during the day and comes alive at night , music can be heard from the jade next door ,but this does not spoil in my opinion as it is chill out music . We took my parents ( who are 78 and 79) with us this year and they loved the music .. They also liked the very relaxed atmosphere of the oyster. (Said it was their best holiday ever and wished they had been years before )
The staff are fantastic They make a fab team , they have worked together for years and really do all they can for you .Unfotunenatly my dad got a chest infection and had to go onto hospital , Ismail and Hamdi took time out of their day to visit him ... Once he was back they all looked after him so well he said he felt quiet special ...
We ate here at lot , great choice and large portions , I can recommend the clay pot meals and the Turkish Pide ...
The rooms are very clean , the ladies that look after you are there all day , cleaning the rooms and pool area , they always have a cheerie hello and big smile for you ...
I have already booked to return next September so may be see you at the bar .

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We arrived in the dead of night after an unnecessarily long journey, tired and fed up - these feelings instantly disappeared upon seeing the beautiful garden, pool area and a very welcoming bar where we had no problem getting a couple of well deserved drinks.
The hotel itself really is gorgeous, so well thought out, exposed wood everywhere, lovely olive trees (mind your head though, occasionally you have to field incoming fruits! Just adds to the charm in my opinion) and it's small so you get know faces, both staff and other guests, quickly which is always nice.
As previous people have mentioned, the staff (bar one member who crossed the line from friendly to sleazy one evening) are excellent - Mustafa's boat trip.... well, what can I say, an unbelievable way to explore the sparkling blue sea and amazing landscapes of the area.
The food was also lovely, great quality, an astonishing amount and cooked perfectly. Can highly recommend both their BBQ nights (one seafood platter and the other is meat) - a tip on the food out here, I was impressed by the quality & freshness almost everywhere we went - particularly The Hangout & Harry's but the portion sizes are enormous so a couple of starters and main to share was generally plenty for the two of us.
We had a standard balcony room and it was a very good size, very clean and super comfy bed although dark even with every lamp on and because we directly overlooked the pool, couldn't have the shutters open all the time which didn't help. The main doors out to the french balcony didn't shut properly so were fairly useless at keeping the noise at bay - most nights this didn't bother us and could be considered a worthwhile nuisance given the fab location of the hotel but one night we tried to get an early night before heading out on an early excursion (by early, I mean about 12.30am) and didn't manage to get our heads down until gone 3am. We were convinced that the noise issue could have be lessened significantly if our doors had been shut tight.
You're honestly about 2 mins walk from the beach (which we preferred immensely to blue lagoon which, in our opinion, was a waste of time) which is pebbled so a little tip for your first day, visit one of the many many shops down the main strip and buy a pair of beach shoes for about 20TL - you won't regret it!
The bars and restaurants on the beach front are the best quality, most of which have 2/3 floors so if you get there nice and early, nab a table at the front to watch the sunset - the views are incredible as is watching all the paragliders coming in to land.
Now we're back home, and can reflect on our experience there, we can both say with certainty that this is a star of a hotel and can easily see why people love it so much and return again and again - for us, well we're not 100% on whether we'll return - location fab, rooms are lovely but in hindsight, nothing special (especially for the price), nice touches such as the 'self-service' safes which are free to use and easy to work & the housekeeping team are steller. I think you're paying a premium for the communal areas here and given that we were out and about everyday, exploring and/or on the beach we didn't make much use of it. As I say, aside from a few little gripes - problems with one member of staff, dark rooms and the doors not shutting, it's a pretty great place that many of you with upcoming trips will not be disappointed by.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have never written a review on a hotel before, but was so impressed with Oyster Residences, I felt compelled to write one.

My boyfriend and I have had the most special 10 days at this wonderful hotel. It has an amazing beachfront location, tranquil olive tree gardens, beautifully clean pool and comfy loungers/beds/hammocks around the pool area which is spotlessly clean at all times. The rooms are set back from the main strip and individually decorated with a rustic charm to each. They have wonderful jet showers and his and hers sinks. Tip – it is worth paying more for the garden courtyard rooms located on the ground floor – they have so much space outside, with table and chairs and a bed lounger to relax in as the balconies on 1st and 2nd floors are very small.

The restaurant overlooks the beach which is particularly wonderful when eating breakfast. Lots of choice for breakfast, but lunch and dinners at the Oyster were very special and although reasonably priced, was a little more than other places, but then the quality was better. They also have an amazing guitar player – Serhart – who creates a lovely atmosphere during dinner. All the staff are amazing – reception helped us with various restaurant and taxi bookings which was never any trouble. Mohammed organised us a wonderful romantic evening by the pool decorating our table with candles and flowers and made us feel very special. You must meet Mustafa and let him take you out on his speedboat, it is the best in Oludeniz! He tailors your day exactly how you want it, you can stop off for an amazing lunch at a place only accessible by boat which is definitely worth a trip, or he is happy to let you sunbathe or swim all day with various stop off points for snorkelling.

Some tips – we went to an amazing restaurant in the Ghost Town called Izelas. They do a free pick up service to and from your hotel which reception booked for us. The food was the best we had and definitely worth the visit – about ten mins in taxi. Another place we went to is the Sea Horse restaurant at the blue lagoon. They also do a free pick up service. The food was nice, but we went for a sunset dinner, which is more the point of going. It has three tables located at the waters’ edge at the blue Lagoon. The views are amazing and you get some lovely pictures.

This small boutique hotel surpassed our expectations and we will definitely be recommending to everyone and hope to return soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I booked this hotel for my boyfriends birthday and all I can say is that for a romantic getaway it is perfect. Our room was spacious and just beautiful, huge mirrors, tasteful colour scheme and decorations, separate dressing area, his and hers sinks, a bath/shower complete with jets, I couldn't suggest one thing to change with the room that we were in. The hotel itself is stunning, it is a small boutique hotel which feels like a million miles away from the fairly busy strip of Oludeniz. The bar, lounge, pool and restaurant area are again tastefully decorated to a very high standard, no pictures can do this hotel justice, trust me I tried to capture it for myself and couldn't. This boutique luxury does however come with a price tag making it one of the more expensive hotels in the (fantastic) area when considering that stays here are bed and breakfast only. I am looking at returning again next year for the same time but it is most definitely a treat best saved for special occasions when compared to other available holidays in the area.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

What a wonderful place, I have been to this place numerous times & love it, it is so peaceful you would not think you were in the middle of Olu Denis, the food here is amazing & the service is equal to that, cannot wait to return!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family