We have recently returned from a fantastic holiday/wedding and honey moon in Olu Deniz.
Having been to Olu Deniz twice before we had been lucky enough to have been shown around Oysters previously which is why we decided to stay here when we got married. We were really glad we did!
The hotel is fantastic, with fantastically friendly staff who were not obtrusive but went out of their way to make our stay special, which included flowers outside on our balcony every night in heart shapes for when we woke up. One of the staff even arranged for us to have a few hours together the night after our wedding in the Jacuzzi of Jade Residence next door (which too looked fantastic). He arranged wine, candles and fruit - as his gift to us. When we returned to the hotel after our wedding the owner gave us a bottle of champagne and the maids came to give me flowers as I was getting dressed for the wedding.
It wasn't just the staff that made it special. The hotel itself is beautiful. The pool area is very special, with lots of lounging beds and hammocks and plenty of areas to get shade during the day. We ate a couple of times in the hotel and the food was very good. Both times we ate at the pool side which is a little more intimate as the restaurant is open to passers by too. Again flower petals everywhere for us!!! Breakfast was more than adequate with the usual choices of cheeses, meats, tomatoes, scrambled and boiled eggs, bread, fruit, cereal, coffee etc, but there was also the option of ordering omellettes, bacon etc (no charge as far as we were aware). It was also possible to eat lunch or snacks at any time during the day.
We had a garden terrace which I would definitely recommend as it meant we could spend time outside relaxing on the turkish bed or as we had family staying locally they could join us for a drink. Our room itself was beautiful, cleaned daily with fresh towels daily and pool towels too. The room was huge with a seperate dressing area/wardrobe area which was a blessing. We had a steam shower/bath which was great and also plasma tv.
To answer the noise question - yes there is some noise from Help bar next door, but we found this stopped around midnight and we had no problems sleeping. We were in a room very close to the bar too so we would have had the worst of the noise.
Our private taxi transfer was excellent taking an hour at least off our previous transfers by coaches. Just us in the taxi with no stops. The Sovereign concierge was very helpful, we had no problems but she organised taxi for me to hairdresser and flowers for one of my friends - very helpful with no sales pitch!
The best thing about this hotel is the fact that it was very relaxed, unstructured and friendly. We found the owner to be great fun, very friendly if a little eccentric (in the nicest way). We found all the other guests to be very friendly and enjoyed lazy afternoons chatting with them. Also it is in an excellent location. Right on the beach front and easy to walk to lagoon and other hotels, bars, restaurants etc.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a quiet, relaxing holiday away from the usual organised package holiday - worth every penny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a traditional Fethiye stone house surrounded by olive trees, Oyster Residences provides air conditioned rooms with balconies and free Wi-Fi. It features an outdoor pool and grounds with lounge beds. A minibar and a TV are in each room at Oyster Residences. All rooms come with private modern bathrooms and are decorated in pastel colors. Some rooms include a private furnished terrace. A range of dishes are served at Oyster's restaurant. Guests can eat outside on the terrace or relax with a drink lounge. Massage treatments are offered and guests can enjoy reading the hotel's private library. Free private parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Oyster Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Residence Oludeniz Hotel Oludeniz
- Oyster Residence Hotel Oludeniz
- Oludeniz Oyster Residence Hotel