“Mixed feelings..”

Ranked #91 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
London, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings..”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

After spending a whole week with 2 other girl friends. We can honstly say that most of the staff was fantastic a big thank you to Sam and Jason they were brilliant and so helpfull always. We felt so welcomed by them. On the other note I have to say that the Manager was a BIG LET DOWN, after being a week in there with great experiences and long happy lasting ones on the last day when we went to pay our bar bill he was extremely RUDE and AGRESSIVE!!! we thought he was going to hit one of us since he had his hands on our faces and treating us in a way that I have never been treated before, I was so scared. He respects no one so keep that in mind. All because we wanted to know more about the bill and have it divided by 3 of us.
The breakfast was horrible, everyday the samething we had to eat out for breakfast. The dinner on the other hand was delicious and very tasty. We didn't understand why the breakfast couldn't be as good as the dinner.
We had to ask to have towels, toilet paper and room service. In our corredor on the way to the room there was no lights on the hallway until the very last night. We walked in the dark everyday for 3 girls was a bit scary to be honest...
Keep in mind that the beach is about 15 minutes by bus. But you have the town within a 5 minute walk.
The room was great. We don't have any complains inside of the room, the bed was comfortable, the shower could have more pressure.. but it was ok. The only thing is that they don't have copies to the room key so make sure not to loose your key or you will be locked out!!
Also they charge you for the aircon in your room and also a locker so keep that in mind!
I was going to give a higher scoring to this hotel until we had the problems with that manager and that was the biggest let down for us, to be terrified of someone is something that I wouldn't want to have happen to anyone else. He needs to sort himself out and go to angry mangement classes if he wants to continue in the hotel business!!!

To the other guys that work there a big thank you!! . also boys you should find yourself a better place to work away from that horrible manager of yours!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pricoon70

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Just got back from a 2 week break staying at the Grove We've been staying in this resort for a number of years now , The grove is one of the best we've been in and will be going back again , We have known Elvis for a number of years now hence one of the reasons for booking here a very friendly Genuine guy and always willing to help. Him and his staff were very good Sam and Jason always entertaining people around the pool. The food in the hotel is of very good Quality and is competitively priced. The best restaurants are Cheers and the Lemon tree cost around 40 pound for family of four 3 adults and 1 Child with drinks at the current exchange rate of 275 to the pound, You can get a beer for as little as 4.5TL about £1.30 , Excursions are of good value Jeep safari is amazing a must for a long wet day out costing 14 pounds a person , We book every year at the same place opposite Harry's bar a very good bar to go to. Hisaronu is great cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Family room great views with Fridge a Must
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank steveo43
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Firstly, I would like to say how annoyed we are by all of the negative comments about this hotel and its staff. What do people expect from a 2* hotel....5* luxury!!!
Seven of us have returned recently, after staying 14 nights here.
The hotel is clean (no stains on our beds and we certainly didn't leave any), comfortable and the staff couldn't do enough for you, If any of us needed anything we just asked Mehmet, the manager of the hotel and it was sorted. All of the staff were helpful (Jason, Sam, Hatice) are just a few and always asking if we were ok and if we needed anything.
The maids provided clean towels everyday in our rooms and like I said, if you needed anything, all you had to do was ask.
I cannot fault The Grove hotel at all. I just hope that people are not put off by all of the negative comments. At the end of the day you can't satisfy everybody and I think that some people just like to moan for the sake of it!!!!!!!
If you are looking for a hotel that is clean, comfortable, friendly staff, family friendly, good food and in a great location.... try this hotel. Hisaronu is a lovely resort, full of bars and restaurants. We would recommend Oasis (brill full English breakfast for 5 lira which works out £1.85!, The Curry Palace, Shine Indian restaurant, Draganaro Chinese, The Woodman (the lamb shank is to die for), Castello's Italian/Mexican.
Hisaronu is only 10 minutes from Olu Deniz by local bus, taxi. Blue Lagoon is certainly worth a visit., We would recommend Billy's beach on the lagoon, the hotel arrange a free pick up and return journey. Also, the excursions are very cheap, the Jeep Safari, Aqua Park and Turkish Bath are just a few.
All I can say is try this hotel for yourself, I certainly will be booking up again next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stokiesontour_11
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Great hotel, quality rooms and pool area. mehmet works hard to please everybody.The pool staff are what you expect they can be puerile and certainlly after girls but some people seem to like that. Avoiid peak season Mehmet does push up room prices.
There is a problem with sunbeds, more rooms have been added and the pool is overcrowded. people claimimg beds not just for the day but for the whole holiday.
Mehmet needs to do something about this.
Aoid peak season a few too many chavs

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clint58_11
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

we stayed for a week.....it was a great place to stay. clean and tidy..basic yes but who wants to be in the hotel all day!!! staff are friendly and willing to help.loved shaggy and jason they were just friendly guys and i guess it helps to make the day go quicker for them if they make friends!!! the only downside is the sunloungers and people who were obviously not at the pool..but they had their towels on the loungers!!! loved it and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Radstock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My partner, her daughter and partner stayed at the above hotel for 2 nights for a short break. They misled us with information regarding facilities in the bedrooms. I asked if there was a kettle and a fridge in the room and did they supply pool towels. They informed me that they did, but when we arrived at the hotel discovered that they did not. The kettle in the fridge are only supplied in the Family Rooms, and no pool towels are available at all. The Manager made a rude remark and told me "to go and purchase some towels".
Air conditioning is extra at this hotel and please check how much they charge you as we paid in Turkish Lira and when we converted it later on that day discovered us they had overcharged us by £10.00. We managed to get a refund after a lot of arguing. If you require a safe deposit box this is also extra.
Please be aware of the pool as we noticed that in the morning the pool is very cloudy due to chemicals added. I have a great deal of knowledge on swimming pools so it took my eye straight away. The side of the pool had not been cleaned and was covered in algae. The pool closes at 8pm each evening and reopens at 8am the next day. This is ample time for chemicals to be added and be dissolved and cleaned before people enter the pool. The hotel was notified immediately regarding this but they did not want to know.
If you do decide to stay at this hotel please check your bedding upon arrival as we were informed that in my daughter's room that the bed had been urinated on. That is not the words they used, but I will not write what they said on here. They tried to charge me 350 TL for a stained mattress which had no stains on it only the bedding. I refused to pay but I had to take the bedding away and have it laundered. They cannot tell me that people do not leave stains of some sort on the bedding, so do they ask everyone who makes a stain on bedding etc to pay the amount to have it cleaned. This was clearly a scam on their part as no way did my daughter or her partner urinate on the bed.
As far as the representative was concerned, she was of no use at all, and did not help us in any way especially as there was a language barrier involved.
I would be curious to know if anyone else has had the same experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We had a great time at The Grove, its really clean and offers good value for money. The staff were very nice, Sam made my 4 lads feel really at home.
We had an attic room which was very nice, and the bathrooms was almost brand new.
I'd recommend this hotel to all sorts of people, families, couples, and singles.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family