“Miss”
Review of Mavruka Hotel

Mavruka Hotel
Ranked #60 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Returned from this hotel last wk. Room service was brilliant and so was the room air conditioning was amazing had to put the blanket on most nites when it was 35 degrees at nite ...... few . Food , went half board ,well not a great choice quite poor really but weirdly quite tasty what there was if your brave enough to give it a go . This hotel is one of the best situated in oledeniz literally 1 min from the main strip . I would return to the mavruka

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kazzer70

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have just arrived back from a ten night stay, bed and breakfast at the Mavruka. After reading some of the reviews I wondered why I had booked this hotel but I was pleased to find that my fears wear put to rest. On arrival the reception clerk was helpful (not exactly chatty) but he was able to answer all my questions and during my staff the staff were always able to help me with my queries. The room itself had plenty of storage, twin beds and a large sofa. There was a safe available for hire at £2pd and fridge also for rent (not sure how much). The bathroom was clean and relatively modern. The shower was powerful but ladies if you have hair that takes a long time to dry you may want to take your own hairdryer the one supplied was adequate for my thin hair. There is a TV in the room but the only English channels were BBC world news and the EU channel. The air conditioning in the room is excellent and we often had to turn it off as it was too cold.

The pool area is a good size with plenty of sunbeds with mattresses and umbrella's. There is also a very small pool for toddlers. The sun beds are cleaned ever day and whilst people did put towels out there were usually spares available later in the morning. The only down side to the pool is there are quite a few ants around and the water is often warm. What I loved about the pool is that it is a quiet pool. There is no activity team waking you up every five minutes.
Whilst lying on your sunbed you not only have a beautiful mountain view but you can view lots of people that are brave enough to try the paragliding flying over the pool.
The restaurant is adjacent to the pool and is open plan. The breakfast is basic bread (toaster available) jams, boiled eggs, tomatoes. meat and cheese, water melon and some cereals. For lunch I often had one of the salads which was excellent. I heard a lot of guests complain about the half board option but I can only speak as I find. The bar manager was fired after three days of us being there and after that there were several people turning up so we were not sure who was doing what half the time, But there are several young lads who are very pleasant. The hotel manager is present every day and you do know when he is around but it because he keeps the staff on their toes and he does have high standards. (he could make the effort to mix with his customers though). There is free wi-fi in the restaurant and the terrace bar. The later also has a large TV that was excellent for watching the world cup and the tennis. |The hotel operates a no cash policy so everything purchased is charged to your room. The receipts show your running balance but you can pay your be daily at reception if you require. This does reduce the need for tipping all the time and we just gave some of the staff a big tip at the end of our stay (if you want to) which we thought was better for us and saved us money in the long run. I thought the soft drinks were a little on the expensive side but the rest were comparable to the rest of the resort A bottle of water will set you back 1Lira, a can of coke 6 Lira and a beer 9.5 lira he hotel is in a really good location a minutes walk to the shops and about three minutes to the beach. This hotel has about 95% English cliental. Overall I liked the hotel and would recommend it to friends and I would stay again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Angella G
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Extremely good hotel, very clean & larger than average rooms. Only two storeys so quite a small compact hotel very close (100 yds) to the main street and another 100yds to the beach. Breakfast was average, we didn't eat dinner at the hotel so can't comment, although with so many good restaurants in a short walk I think bed and breakfast is the best option. The restaurants we would recommend are Cloud nine, Josephs (good for breakfast), the Chinese next door to Josephs, Jade, Mimosa, we returned to all of these and found them extremely good.
The only complaint with the hotel is the staff, when the manager is there they are very unhelpful and surly. They have a big sign banning food and drink being brought in from outside, then tried to charge £3 a day for a fridge, as I explained, If we can't bring anything in what are we supposed to put in it. We didn't take the fridge.
Go to the Sugar beach club on the blue lagoon, £2 for a sunbed and great bar and restaurant.

Room Tip: The rooms looking out at the mountains are best I think. The ones near the pool look into other room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary B
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at the Mavruka in July 2014 as family with two young boys. Arrived late Sunday night, the reception staff were polite and efficient getting us quickly allocated to our room. The entire hotel is very well maintained, the rooms very clean and up to date. There is a request that guests do not bring groceries purchased outside the hotel in - this is fair enough, you may pay an extra bit for water and crisps from the bar but look at how little the room costs per night. Also the safe and fridge are an additional £2 or £3 per day but again its peanuts really.
The pool area is superb, very clean, lots of recliner, very large main pool and a small paddling pool. Its disappointing to see the English guests still insist on putting out towels at 06:30 to reserve beds then head away out for the day but perhaps they haven't been brought up any better.
Breakfast at the hotel is continental style, with a good selection of hams, cheeses, boiled eggs, etc There would also be a hot dish, which may well have been put together from the previous evening meal but big deal again the Hotel is trying to operate on a budget.
A couple of reviewers commented on a grumpy owner barking around the place so I was thrilled to meet him. To be honest he's just a hardworking guy trying to run a business in challenging times, there was certainly no unpleasant or awkward atmosphere created by his presence.
At the end of the holiday there was no issue getting the room for an extra couple of hours and reception were more than happy to call the transfer company and confirm pickup times, etc.
Location is very central - two minutes to the main strip, five minutes to the beach.
Overall we had a fantastic time and would return

Room Tip: Remember how much your room is and just take what your given - how much time are you really going to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leanne M
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Yes we're on our way soon 3rd time lovely hotel staff and food .family of 8 this year can't wait .Please ignore all the negative comments where else can you go to chill in the sunshine away from the British weather and try the turkish way of life love this place x.plus please try to talk to the gardeners cleaning staff bar staff you'll be surprised by their response.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Right we are going back to this lovely hotel for the 3rd year. Having read a lot of the negative comments I feel I must respond.
1. No food or drink to be taken into hotel.....ok yes this is aggravating but as far as I could see the majority of hotels insist you follow this rule.

2. Poor food. Ok so perhaps not gourmet but perfectly adequate. I would love to try and manage on the budget they have per head. If you want a full English. ..Perhaps stay in England

3. Grumpy staff. Shy perhaps, communication difficulties, LONG working hours.

All in all if the travel companies did not cut what they pay the hotels to an absolute minimum then perhaps improvements could be made. We want lower cost holidays, the travel companies want their pound of flesh so cuts have to be made. The hotels have a limited season and need to make as much money in that period.

All in all I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. It is clean, spotlessly so, food adequate, drinks reasonably priced and staff, when treated with the respect the deserve, are fine.

If we don't go back next year it will be because we have decided on a different location, not because of any failings from this lovely small hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison J
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have just returned from our first visit to the Mavruka, and it will definitely not be our last. The hotel was spotless and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent just off the strip and not at all noisy. We had bed and breakfast only and would recommend this as there are some fantastic restaurants on the strip. There was never a problem getting a sunbed and the pool area was very relaxing and pleasant. Breakfast is minimal but everything else makes up for this. The reception staff were very helpful and John (Can) and all the staff were lovely around the pool and behind the bar. Can't wait to return next year :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family