“Another excellent holiday at Leytur”
Review of Leytur Hotel

Leytur Hotel
Ranked #11 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Gloucester, Englang
“Another excellent holiday at Leytur”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We visited Leytur for the 4th time for 2 weeks in September this year and as always couldn't fault it. I've been very ill this year and had a serious operation so it wasn't until the last minute we knew I'd be fit enough to go. We told Leyla this and even though we may have had to cancel within days of our arrival, she very kindly held our room for us until we'd been given the all clear for me to travel. On a couple of days, I wasn't very well and stayed in our room. I insisted my husband went to watch the Rugby one morning with some friends at a bar down the road. How anyone can say Leyla doesn't bother with you if you spend money elsewhere (which husband and friends were doing) I don't know. While he was away, Leyla came up to our room twice to check I was ok and see if I needed anything. I was having problems eating and Leyla said if I wanted anything which wasn't on the menu she would arrange it with the chef. As far as we're concerned, this is way over and above what anyone would expect and shows what a caring person Leyla is.
Hassan and Halil were really entertaining and hardworking as always. In an earlier review, someone said Hassan only bothered with you if you were a young female. This is totally untrue, whenever I ordered a milkshake he insisted I went to sit down and he brought it to our table. I am female but definitely not what could be described as young!
The maids, the gardener and all the staff are so friendly and the hotel, rooms and pool are always kept spotlessly clean.
Keep up the good work Leyla, you are definitely doing things well. The number of excellent reviews speak for themselves, it is only a very small minority who aren't satisfied. As they say, you can't please all the people all the time when you deal with the public but Leytur certainly pleases the great majority of them.
We both look forward to going again next year and also to meeting up with some lovely people we have met there over the years.
A big thank you to Leyla, Hassan, Halil and all the rest of the staff, not forgetting Sukru! See you all as soon as we can, and take no notice of the negative reviews!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Just returned from a trip to Turkey staying at the Leytur and after reading some of the reviews before going, we were very cautious & didn't expect too much. BUT we can honestly say this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The rooms are slightly basic but have everything you need. They were cleaned daily and are very comfortable with exceptional views of the mountains.

The food is very good and reasonably priced. A large bottle of water costs 2.5TL (not sure where the 9TL came from on a previous review), we would recommend anyone staying B&B tries the evening menu at Leytur as it is just as good if not better than some restaurants in town. Breakfast is ok, Turkish but there's plenty to choose from.

The staff & owner are extremely friendly always going the extra mile, special thanks to Hassan & Leyla who always made us feel welcome. There are a lot of regulars at the hotel who return each year and never once did we feel they received preferential treatment over first time guests.

We will definitely be returning and staying at the same hotel next year.

Thanks to everyone @ Leytur hotel :0)

1 Thank Francoise R
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I said I would return to Leyla's guest friendly hotel and I did along with my wife Jean.
I honestly don't know how this lovely lady does it. Good food, accomodation etc. To see the food layout for Turkish night is a sight to behold and it is only 10 quid and that includes the entertainment. I must stress that only friendly people book this hotel so you will never be without someone to talk to and new friends to make. I strongly recommend this hotel and you may see me there again.

Terry

Room Tip: They have all been refurbished but if you want a sunny balcony face across the pool
Hastings
Reviewed 4 October 2011

What a let down!! After reading the reviews on here we thought it would be a perfect place to spend our first trip to Turkey. From the outside it does look beautiful & the rooms are ok and fairly clean but we were not made to feel welcome right from the start! We asked for a quiet room but were given one on ground floor right opposite the pool & consequently the bar. Music was our biggest problem: it gets turned on about 12 midday and is on constantly until sometimes 3 - 4 in the morning!! We tried to stay out as late as possible as returning to our room was a nightmare. It is supposed to be turned down by 11.00pm but it seems to just get louder and louder. There was even a private outside party one night (totally inappropriate for a hotel of this size with no function room) and no consideration was given to the other guests. By 1.00am, very irritable & tired I was convinced that someone had made a compilation of my top 20 most hated songs & played it over & over just to annoy me; paranoia had set in by now & it was time to leave.

Music is repetative and rubbish - I never want to hear "Hotel California" or "Lying Eyes" (both very appropriate by the way) ever again!! It seemed to us and others that we spoke to that the owner is only interested in you if you spend all day and particularly all night around the bar running up big bills. There are many repeat guests who do just that and it should be advertised as such - There was a very obvious divide between the way you were treated depending on the amount of money you spent! We did not want or need air-conditioning or a safe so from the first day we were doomed!! There was no welcome on the first day or good bye on the last day - a very fake owner I'm afraid, although her son and some of the other members of staff were friendly enough. Hassan the bar boy was very rude and off-hand, his antics were dreadful (the blond wig would come out for the new barflies every couple of days, so funny NOT); we ate around the pool several times and the food was lovely here but the atmosphere was awful & intimidating.

The maids and Hallil worked very long hours as not enough staff were employed; you would see them first thing until bedtime and worked from 6.00am til 1.00am some days. They were the only staff that spoke to us and were lovely but that was because they were genuine and lovely people.

My son developed an ear infection, as did a few others whilst we were there and this was the only pool he went in. It cost a fortune for him to be treated by the doctor but Leyla was not interested - never even asked how he was; only spoke to me to try to get us to come to the Turkish night. Another song played over and over sums up our over-riding memory of this hotel - Jessie J - It's Not about the Money - for us it was definately ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

Great hotel if you are 55+, go on holiday just to drink & be loud & have loads of money to waste. Avoid like the plague if you want to meet genuine Turkish (who are lovely by the way), relax and be able to sleep when you go to bed.

Sheets were not changed in two weeks, towels & sheets were old and tatty, cold water in shower but that didnt bother us, no fridge or kettle (obviously to discourage your own drinks - smuggling from BIM a good idea as hotel drink prices very hiked up), no bin in room, very odd! Yes, the gardener did water the flowers & plants with a brown liquid which smelled of raw sewage - very off-putting when lying around the pool.

TIP: Do not be fooled into thinking this is a cheap hotel as you need to get a dolmus everywhere and although cheap at around £1 per person per journey it adds & a more central location would be more cost-effective.

We had a great holiday dispite this hotel and will be going back to Turkey but not to this very cliquey & fake place I'm afraid.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank MaxineAnna742
london
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed in Leytur with my boyfriend in mid-september. It was our first visit to Turkey and so to the Leytur hotel.

I've read reviews that say the hotel is cliquey, but we found it only to be lovely and friendly. We never felt ignored because we were not regulars. There were a lot of guests staying that had been before, but they were also lovely and friendly as well as helpful (offering us recommendations of trips etc.)

The pool was wonderful, with plenty of sun-beds for all - never a struggle to get one event though the hotel was full. It was spotlessly clean as were the surrounding garden areas and the bar.
The bar was really reasonable, with all drinks being the same or cheaper than the bars in town. I was expecting a hotel bar to be more expensive. There is one review listed here that says a bottle of water was 9 TL, that is just not true - I think it was 2 or 3 TL - about a 60p -pound, for a large bottle.

Our room was comfortable and clean. It was cleaned everyday by the maids.

One of the best things about Leytur is it's location. The nearby town of Hisaronu is a bit scary and much too touristy for me, Leytur is quieter but equidistance between the wonderful town of Fethiye and the beautiful beach of Olu Deniz - the bus to take you to either stops right by the hotel and is very quick and cheap.

I'm not the sort of person to return to places over and over again, I normally want to try something new, however had such a great time on this holiday and loved Leytur that we are hoping to return next year.

2 Thank LondonMissy_c
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

It was my second visit to Turkey & my girlfrilends sixteenth. We really enjoyed ourselves. The hotel was kept very clean, the gardens were lovely, the staff excellent, the food fantastic and Leyla was particularly helpful when my girlfriend had a problem with her visa! The hotel is in an excellent location with the local dolmus at the bottom of the road to take you to either Oludeniz, Fethiye and Hisaronu. The Leytur is extremely good value for money and we would definitly stay here again and recommend it to friends.

1 Thank Mark J
ayrshire
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Spent 14 nights at the Leytur 12-26 Sept.Friendly enough hotel with lots of repeat guests.Can seem a bit clique at first but after a couple of days you soon settle in.Pool and bar area are very good .Hotel restaurant served very nice evening meals.Ate there three times and couldn,t fault them.Found the staff very friendly and always smiling even though they work an incredible amount of hours.Special mention to Hassan ,Halil and Eggeman for keeping everyone smiling with their daft antics.Stay off the vodka and red bull if you are working the next morning!Towels and bed linen need renewed as they are past their best,but this could be an end of season problem .A big thanks to Leyla for sorting out our transfer problem when our taxi didn,t turn up.Over all had a very enjoyable holiday and stay at the Leytur.Would certainly return.

2 Thank marketman