“Perfectly perfect.”
Review of Leytur Hotel

Leytur Hotel
Ranked #18 of 121 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have been meaning to write this review for a long time!

Firstly I can only say that Leytur is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in! When I got to the hotel at night time my boyfriend and I were checked in by the lovely Layla, she was really friendly even though it was 3am in the morning!

We were taken to our room which was on the ground floor and it was just lovely, again clean crisp and white sheets lovely balcony and nice size. Can't really ask for much more.

We personally loved the pool! So clean and lovely chatting with everyone, making new friends. Hassan and the other bar men are so lovely and funny! They like to get everyone involved which is good!

Leytur has a sense of class that you may not find in other hotels.

Breakfast is typically Turkish, meats,olives, fruit, yogurt and egg. You can pay for a full English but why would you want to when your in Turkey? The breakfast area is lovely and cool in the mornings with a nice view.

There are plenty of sunbeds but If you want to get your fav spot then you have to get down early. As the hotel is in Ovacik, you get a lovely breeze that you don't get down in Olu Deniz or Fethiye .

The BBQ night run by the hotel is a must the food is amazing! So fresh and tasty done on a BBQ with lots of turkish salads and desserts to try, There is a belly dancer as well which is a laugh. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but we thought it was a good night.

The bar is reasonable, we are selves were not big drinkers but if you are they make some really nice cocktails. The lunch menu is nice as well. We had the salad a few times and that was so nice!

Info about the area:

The hotel is on top of a small slope in an area called Ovacik. It is very easy to get to the towns such as Olu Deniz and Hisaronu by getting the Dolmus bus opposite the side of the hotel. Its very cheap to get on these buses and they take you right to wherre ever you want to go. All you have to do is pop your hand out.

To go to Fethiye go to the bus stop on the same side of the road. I loved Fethiye as personally I love to see other cultures when I am away and I found that Hisaronu was a bit too brits abroad for me personally. But to be fair we did pop down a few times and it was a fun night out.

If you do get to go to Fethiye then I recommend going down to the fresh fish market where you can pick your own fish and take it to a restaurant to be cooked fresh! It was beautiful and lovely. But one thing I will say is that Fethiye is VERY VERY hot it was 40 degrees at about 8pm so wear something cool.

In terms of boat trips we did a few- We used the company Carole and Tayfun- We did the 12 island boat trip1 Totally worth the money! You are picked up from your hotel and dropped off at the end of the day. You are taken to Fethiye Habour where you set off and you basically sail around different islands where you can get off and swim! I enjoyed myself very much it was totally chilled and lovely weather we even got to do a bit of fishing!

The next trip we did was the Mud bath trip. I was not that impressed with the trip it ws fun but it is a long day and there is a lot of waiting around. The food provided wasn't as nice as on other trips

The famous blue lagoon is defo worth a visit the water is so blue and clear! We were even lucky to see a turtle when we were on a pedlo boat! You have to pay to get in but it is a national park so that is why they charge

Olu deniz itself is a lovely place to visit so do pop down!

Any way I would say if you are booking a holiday you will have the perfect time at Hotel Leytur. Layla and her staff are really kind, you can see it is not just a business for her she really cares about her visitors. She helped Dan and I book a trip to the Turkish bath and she always says hello in the morning to you.

I know people have said on here that it is a 'Pally Pally' hotel- this is not the case I guess Layla has made lots of friends over the years that keep returning every year. It states that you cannot bring food and drink in so that is all they ask of you as visitors.

Over all I really loved my holiday! I made some really good friends! Although I won't be back this year as we try and visit lots of places I really will come back soon for a relaxing holiday in the sun.

If any of the staff are reading this hello from Callie and Dan! Thank you for the great time!!

See you soon!

Callie and Dan! x

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank callie t

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed in the hotel leytur last year, and arrived at 4 clock in the morning but was still greeted by a very happy and smiley face, and was shown to our room, which was way above expectations all very clean a tidy was very very impressed, these hotel rooms wouldn't be out of place in a 5* hotel, everything was exceptional.
All the staff were very happy and welcoming at ALL times ( leyla, hassan etc ), enjoyed sitting round the bar drinking hassans cocktails and singing karaoke :-).
The outdoor surroundings were fantastic, a very good sizable pool and lots of sun loungers around the pool always one there for you to have, cannot say one bad thing about this hotel, all great A++++++.
Will definatly be going back this year again :-)

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Our room was cleaned daily, the pool and bar area were always kept immaculate, plenty sunbeds, snacks served all day at reasonable price, short walk or bus trip to town with loads to do, only went to the beach couple of times as the pool area in the hotel was fab.
Hassan is great fun and keeps a good atmosphere day and night around Leytur. The owners and all staff from bar to cleaning are lovely and will go out of their way for you, they were always very kind to us. During our stay the owners and staff were very hurt by a nasty review that was posted on here, the effect it had on them just shows how much the hotel and reputation means to everyone.Loads of guests at the hotel we spoke to had stayed many times before year after year and this says a lot about a hotel, people wouldnt go back if it wasnt worth it!
Have been to turkey a few times now so this year we are trying somewhere else but im sure we will return to leytur!!
Hope all the staff have a great summer this year!
Roxanne and William.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roxanne1989
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Leytur last August for a couple of weeks. Arrived in the middle of the night, greeted with a smile and shown to our rooms - very clean and above expectation. The hotel is in a great location - a short Dolmus ride to Olu Deniz, Hisaronu and Fethiye. Great pool, plenty of sunbeds, good food, fantastic weather and to top it all superb staff. Nothing is too much trouble. The whole family had a great time. Hassan aka Elvis!! is on the go all the time (Steph says thanks for the cocktails-with added salt!!!) All in all a great holiday. Would have no hesitation in recommending and will be going back one day to say hello to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Freddie007_10
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The leytur and everything about it is fabulous. The owner Layla, the staff, especially the bar man special cocktails from Hasan, the pool, the room, the food. Cannot say anything bad about this place. I am booking to go back in August.

You will have the best holiday ever at The Leytur.

Room Tip: They are all brilliant
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BOOSouthampton
Reviewed 9 May 2012

A friend and i stayed here in July 2011, the hotel was spotless and in a great position with fantastic views. The staff were very friendly and on hand to help out whenever needed. The barstaff were funny especially Hasan! I ha not been to Turkey before and was a little unsure< but after my stay here i have to say its one of the best holidays ive ever had and will definately go back :)
Jan ( hampshire)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jay W
Reviewed 8 May 2012

wow what can i say......we have been to this hotel twice now and we love it!! from the moment we arrived on our first visit we were made to feel like family, nothing is too much trouble and the owner Layla and her staff have become our friends.
The area is beautiful, relaxing and peaceful, but when you want the busy town full off bars and restaurants it is just a short bus ride away!
The hotel is very clean and well maintained,the rooms are bright and clean with generous cupboards and wardrobes the pool is a good size with lots of sunbeds and parasols and the restaurant has a lovely menu at very reasonable prices.The hotel hosts themed evenings which are always good fun!
seriously i can not imagine anyone would be disappointed with their stay here :O)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family