“wonderful yet again”

Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“wonderful yet again”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

our fourth time to leytur hotel and yet again a wonderful time was had roll on september many thanks to our very very very good friend Hassan and the amazing leyla and staff and great hotel xx

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andrea6748

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Thanks to Leyla and Hassan for another great holiday. Third time to this hotel and yet again could not fault a thing. Food is excellent, rooms cleaned everyday and you are made to feel so welcome. Great location for visiting all area's. Kabak well worth a visit so to is the fish market in Fethiye.

Thanks again and hope to be back again soon.
Pauline & Graeme x

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Cambridge
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I like many other of the reviewers of this hotel have been many times. Probably about every year for the last 12 years...sometimes twice a year! I have always found the hotel and pool area very clean and comfortable. The staff are without exception very friendly, from the owner Leyla to the cleaners and gardener. We feel relaxed the moment we arrive. You can find a little corner and keep yourself to yourself or join in with the banter at the bar. Looking forward to our next visit in October. Try it, you'll be going more than once if you do I guarantee it!

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool and have a lovely view of the sunset over the mountains
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Debbie_Cambridge
gravesend kent
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Just returned from a perfect weeks holiday at the leytur, and what more can I write that has not already been said by the previous visitors, Layla is a first class hotelier .nothing is too much trouble and regardless if its you 1st visit or 5th to this hotel you are treated very well. The rooms are spacious and very clean maid service daily . We were half board and the food was very good varied dishes throughout the week , presented well and piping hot . | am sending my regards to Ossie, Ali , & Hassan who work very hard ,throughout the week ,Yes we did meet guests that have been back a few times to the leytur, it certainly will not be our last thankyou , and look forward to returning in september 2012 regards Val & Carol

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank queenGravesendKent
Euxton, Chorley, Lancashire
Reviewed 18 May 2012

3rd time in 2 years and still as good as ever. Perfect location for 2 quiet weeks in early May. Quiet area but near enogh to walk or take the local bus for the beach, harbour, shops, restaurants and bars. Hotel very clean, large pool and set in beautiful gardens. Excellent food and bar at the Hotel and lots of repeat guests together with really friendly and helpful staff make this just perfect for me

Room Tip: All rooms have pool view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank HarrySchofield
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have been meaning to write this review for a long time!

Firstly I can only say that Leytur is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in! When I got to the hotel at night time my boyfriend and I were checked in by the lovely Layla, she was really friendly even though it was 3am in the morning!

We were taken to our room which was on the ground floor and it was just lovely, again clean crisp and white sheets lovely balcony and nice size. Can't really ask for much more.

We personally loved the pool! So clean and lovely chatting with everyone, making new friends. Hassan and the other bar men are so lovely and funny! They like to get everyone involved which is good!

Leytur has a sense of class that you may not find in other hotels.

Breakfast is typically Turkish, meats,olives, fruit, yogurt and egg. You can pay for a full English but why would you want to when your in Turkey? The breakfast area is lovely and cool in the mornings with a nice view.

There are plenty of sunbeds but If you want to get your fav spot then you have to get down early. As the hotel is in Ovacik, you get a lovely breeze that you don't get down in Olu Deniz or Fethiye .

The BBQ night run by the hotel is a must the food is amazing! So fresh and tasty done on a BBQ with lots of turkish salads and desserts to try, There is a belly dancer as well which is a laugh. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but we thought it was a good night.

The bar is reasonable, we are selves were not big drinkers but if you are they make some really nice cocktails. The lunch menu is nice as well. We had the salad a few times and that was so nice!

Info about the area:

The hotel is on top of a small slope in an area called Ovacik. It is very easy to get to the towns such as Olu Deniz and Hisaronu by getting the Dolmus bus opposite the side of the hotel. Its very cheap to get on these buses and they take you right to wherre ever you want to go. All you have to do is pop your hand out.

To go to Fethiye go to the bus stop on the same side of the road. I loved Fethiye as personally I love to see other cultures when I am away and I found that Hisaronu was a bit too brits abroad for me personally. But to be fair we did pop down a few times and it was a fun night out.

If you do get to go to Fethiye then I recommend going down to the fresh fish market where you can pick your own fish and take it to a restaurant to be cooked fresh! It was beautiful and lovely. But one thing I will say is that Fethiye is VERY VERY hot it was 40 degrees at about 8pm so wear something cool.

In terms of boat trips we did a few- We used the company Carole and Tayfun- We did the 12 island boat trip1 Totally worth the money! You are picked up from your hotel and dropped off at the end of the day. You are taken to Fethiye Habour where you set off and you basically sail around different islands where you can get off and swim! I enjoyed myself very much it was totally chilled and lovely weather we even got to do a bit of fishing!

The next trip we did was the Mud bath trip. I was not that impressed with the trip it ws fun but it is a long day and there is a lot of waiting around. The food provided wasn't as nice as on other trips

The famous blue lagoon is defo worth a visit the water is so blue and clear! We were even lucky to see a turtle when we were on a pedlo boat! You have to pay to get in but it is a national park so that is why they charge

Olu deniz itself is a lovely place to visit so do pop down!

Any way I would say if you are booking a holiday you will have the perfect time at Hotel Leytur. Layla and her staff are really kind, you can see it is not just a business for her she really cares about her visitors. She helped Dan and I book a trip to the Turkish bath and she always says hello in the morning to you.

I know people have said on here that it is a 'Pally Pally' hotel- this is not the case I guess Layla has made lots of friends over the years that keep returning every year. It states that you cannot bring food and drink in so that is all they ask of you as visitors.

Over all I really loved my holiday! I made some really good friends! Although I won't be back this year as we try and visit lots of places I really will come back soon for a relaxing holiday in the sun.

If any of the staff are reading this hello from Callie and Dan! Thank you for the great time!!

See you soon!

Callie and Dan! x

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank callie t
Coventry
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed in the hotel leytur last year, and arrived at 4 clock in the morning but was still greeted by a very happy and smiley face, and was shown to our room, which was way above expectations all very clean a tidy was very very impressed, these hotel rooms wouldn't be out of place in a 5* hotel, everything was exceptional.
All the staff were very happy and welcoming at ALL times ( leyla, hassan etc ), enjoyed sitting round the bar drinking hassans cocktails and singing karaoke :-).
The outdoor surroundings were fantastic, a very good sizable pool and lots of sun loungers around the pool always one there for you to have, cannot say one bad thing about this hotel, all great A++++++.
Will definatly be going back this year again :-)

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple