“Super Hotel but not five star”

SENTIDO Lykia Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Super Hotel but not five star”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This Hotel has superb rooms, is situated in six star surroundings and has staff which alternate between being excellent and way below par for a Hotel of this nature. Most external staff at the bars and some in the Restaurants are in the former category. Room servicing staff let themselves down and the Hotel in that when the teabags are used they were not replaced nor was the milk in the fridge in the entire week were there. This may seem petty but it wrankles that this small set of items were consistently overlooked.
We arrived late (22.00 7/5/14 ) at the Hotel due to self interested passengers failing to notify the Travel Reps that they had taken taxis to their destinations leaving the rest of us in a hot coach waiting at the Dalaman Airport for over an hour before we then set off ( Not the Reps or Hotel's fault just selfishness on those people's part ).
At the front reception desk of the Sentido the staff appearred only interested in dealing with arrivals expediently and ushering us to our rooms.
No personal interest in anyone's wellbeing in that no enquries were made by them as to whether we needed refreshments or where they be obtained given the late hour, No maps provided regarding the layout of the Hotel on arrival or during our stay.
We were staying in the part of the Hotel for adults only which has been refurbished to a high standard as are the rooms and I have no complaints regarding this.
The following night we arrived for a meal in the restaurants to find them all overrun with people leaving us with nowhere to sit for a meal for 40 minutes, eventually conversing with a member of staff it transpired that the influx was due to a tennis tournament at the hotel that THE MANAGEMENT knew was taking place on this date, but had not made adequate provision for an increase in staff ( a total of nine on duty ) those of us who had paid for the privilege of 5 stars all inclusive were certainly not getting what was paid for this night.
I would stress that the staff did a sterling job in getting us seated eventually and this major problem was not of their making but reflects again on Management not doing theirs.
The food in the restaurants was always well presented but not well identified, it could do with being hotter and not tepid which for the most part it was, as it is self service this presents a problem for those who are of a timid disposition as most of the staff have little or no understanding of english.
My pet hate...........SMOKING in the external dining areas which effectively closed them to us and that of enjoying the external views when having a meal, given that non smokers are the majority nowadays this too should be dealt with but is not.
We had been advised by the Holiday Rep that the room could be kept over until 14.00 hrs on our day of departure by speaking to the reception desk staff, this we did on the day and were flatly informed that the room had to be vacated by 12.00 hrs as it was to be cleaned, ( Amazing that the room maid had NEVER cleaned up during our stay before 14.30 each day.
No alternative was offered other than to clean up we had to use the showers behind the indoor pool which is all very well if you have no inhibitions but presents a major problem when you find it is a communal area ( If you paid extra amazingly a room could be found ).

Front Reception desk is an important first and last point of contact at any Hotel and can either make or break your impression of the location, in this case they made a poor job of doing so, thankfully many members of the outside and restaurant staff made up for their ( Front desk ) shortcomings

I cannot afford this Hotel a full Five star rating for the reasons I have pointed out but I did enjoy my stay here due to the location and members of staff who we achieved a rapport with and them with us.

Would I return to Turkey ? I am moved to say that I would not.as there are Hotels which are up to the same standard in terms of location and decor but provide a far better person to person service overall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After 15 years of visiting Lykia I was amazed how Liberty Hotels have made this resort into a stunning world-class venue. Everything was first class--the service-the rooms-the food-the entertainment, the amazing team and naturally the beautiful nature and sunsets.
Can thoroughly recommend it as a place that has to be on your bucket-list--Unsurpassable!

2 Thank lexiegr
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have never written a review in my life. But this hotel is amazing from the lovely rooms ,friendly service especilally, bahar at the pool side bar ,excellent food ,stunning setting and very good live music. My husband said to add the comfy beds. This is our last night we are sitting at the pool side bar drinking piña coladas and not wanting to go home tomorrow. Thank you for an amazing holiday. We will be back.

Room Tip: Side sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sheila H
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have Just got back from this a Hotel late last night with Thomas Cook and all I can say is the Hotel is Gorgeous. The Staff go above and beyond all expectations and they cannot do enough for you? The Food is impeccable and the choice is amazing? The Rooms are lovely! Relaxing and Clean. You can also go across to the Lykia side which was Fun and Lively?. Olu Deniz is just down the road and is extremely pretty, you can have a relaxing wander round the markets and the Beach is perfect. All I can say is please just go you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Trina L
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from a week at this hotel and could not fault one thing. Food was amazing, facilities were great and the staff were so friendly. The rooms have just be upgraded and they are lovely. Done to a very high standard. Will definitely be back. 10 out of 10.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Lala0505
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I can't understand how this hotel is ranked 22nd out of 88 hotels at Olu Deniz, this has got to be the best hotel in the area bar none,
Just returned from a weeks all inclusive.
Totally refurbished throughout to a very high standard, food,rooms,facilities, staff, location, service, are all excellent .
Stayed in the adults only part of the complex as went with a large party without any children,loads of activities throughout the day, 18 tennis courts, 3 hole golf course, climbing wall, 2 gyms,loads of fitness classes etc, etc !
Various a la carte restaurants also available from 10euros pp ( drinks included,if all inclusive )
You can book tennis courts from the UK ,only found this out once at the resort but we're not told so by Thomas Cook, as when we arrived some people had made large block bookings ,but we still managed to play every day,but be aware of this if going for tennis as we were.
I don't normally go back to a resort as there are so many places to go, but I would make an exception in this case.
Highly recommend this hotel,5 stars without a doubt !

Room Tip: Our party were all over the main hotel area ( adults only ) no bad rooms here at all !
5 Thank Obblebob
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Its a few years since I was here last and I loved it so much last time as well but there seems to be changes which has made it even better. My rooms in the Sentido was exceptional, refurbished and very comfortable and the no under 16 rules makes it a great place if you are looking for a quite adult stay. The village is still allot of fun lots of families here and plenty to do The food was not just excellent but unmatched at any other resort I have stayed at and the staff all very professional and showing the Turkish style of great service. There are many restaurants if you want a change from the buffet style meals which offer every type of menus. Great treatments in the Spa and very well priced and such a treat for me .You feel here tucked away at the resort really away from the world which is what I was looking for and if you are looking for an active vacation then the list of activities would keep even the most energetic person happy.
If you have not been here you are missing one of the best holiday places and I strongly recommend it and as a business traveler I get to see my fair share each week of hotels and speak from a solid travelers background - Its great !

7 Thank go2mike