“HELL HOLE!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Hull
“HELL HOLE!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Please DO NOT take notice of the good reviews you will be wasting your money on this hotel and may end up paying more to move like I did!!!!!
Myself and my partner arrived at the Balkaya 13th August at 4am which was in complete darkness, we had to shout for someone on reception and was greeted by an elderly man who spoke very little English. We were taken to our room ( if that's what you want to call it ), there was barely room to walk around the bed, the walls were dirty and mouldy, exposed wiring from the trip switch box which was hanging off the wall and light fitting on the wall with no cover over it, the bathroom even worse!!!! mouldy tiles and shower curtain, a rusty shower rail which was hanging from the ceiling from a chain which looked like it was almost about to snap, stained toilet pan, mouldy and dirty drain hole in the shower area, exposed wiring from the light fitting in the shower area/wet room, surely a danger of electrocution!!!!.
The pool area sunbeds looked like they had been painted and was coming away, witnessed a member of the bar staff with a hose pipe syphoning orange juice filling up the juice machine?
I can honestly say that this hotel has no good points whatsoever. Another 2 groups moved out from this hovel the same day, luckily we escaped this S***H*** the same day we arrived.
I didn't expect luxury for 3* but The Leytur we moved to was also 3* which was a beautiful hotel well maintained.
The Balkaya is a Health & Safety HAZARD and needs shutting down!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sharon J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Airdrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Well came to this hotel for 14 nights allinclusive with my fiance who is 22 and I am 23 and all a can say is all never be back worst hotel av ever stayed in it was filthy pool area was never cleaned our room was hardly ever cleaned n when it was we never got clean towels or she would take the dirty 1s n leave us with nothing so hadto keep going down n getting towels shower was dirty n didn't have a shower curtain so everything got soaked toilets down at pool were terrible girls toilets 1 was out of order and the other 1 didn't have a light or a toilet seat n never had toilet roll soo hadto take ur own down n there was a poo stain on the door the full fortnight food wasn't tht great either u only got 1 choice at lunch n dinner n if u didn't like it u couldn't eat but it was mostly lamb and sauce so we hadto eat out every night drinks on all inclusive were ok got eaten alive with mosquito bites n got taken into hosptial bcoz I took an allergic reaction but the staff in hotel kept telling holiday makers I got taken to hospital bcoz of I drank 2 much which wasn't true since I only had 1 vodka the night before I was taken in some of the staff were very rude and had an attitude problem also manager told me wifi was free en david started shoutin at me last day sayin it wasn't n I hadto pay but my phone had free internet anyways which I tried to explain to him and he tried to grab my phone off me also david (manager\owners brother)harassed me the entire holiday touching me in unappropriate places and 1 time when a was sitting down he came over and started grinding his bum against my private parts and a pushed him off me and he started shouting and balling in my face saying why u not letting me touch you you let me touch you n then said u just goto bed I was petrified of him and when a went out and came back he would say I missed you and your face also would ask me what dresses I was going to be wearing also askin my fiance inappropriate questions and saying 2 guys 1 girl which scared me soo much I should never feel scared on holiday I felt sorry for serjan having to work between 18 and 20hours everyday without a break or a day off always looked tired but he also took tips without me giving 1 to him adams and mustafa were lovely ovacik is a lovely place but this hotel isn't if u have teenagers girls dnt goto this hotel they will be all over them like a bad rash all never be backto turkey again bcoz of this hotel but I did meet a lot of nice people a a PLEASE DON'T GO dnt think the people tht write the good reviews were at the same hotel

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Christine S

Travellers are raving about these Oludeniz hotels

Dudley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Just got back from the worst hovel ever. Whoever says its clean, you need your eyes testing. On arrival we were greeted, no met by two people who just stood there laughing at us at three in the morning. My wife slept on the top of the bed as the sheets had not been changed. The bathroom was filthy with mould growth everywhere. We have visited turkey on numerous occasions and are used to basic but clean. All other guests were experiencing the same issues. We paid all inclusive for 8 nights but were told we only had 7 and asked to pay £40.00 to cover the extra day although i had already paid.the hotel needs knocking down. Hi tracey and Shirly

Room Tip: photos to follow
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank nealelove
Basingstoke
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I'll try and keep this as short as possible because this dreadful hotel doesn't warrant any time spent on it. I have been on many holidays both Europe and Worldwide and stayed in dozens of hotels, some better than others, but I have never been anywhere as awful as The Balkaya! The room we were given was about 8 x 9 ft, just big enough for a double bed with room to walk around it, the bathroom was dark, dingy and mouldy, the tiny balcony had one dirty chair on it and was next to an open drain or garbage pit of some sort, which was filled with rubbish, there was no way of locking the rear door as the key was broken in the lock, so this ground level room was open to any desperate opportunist around. We booked in at 5am and checked out at 11.00 the same day. We even had trouble checking out as the desk staff did not want to hand over our passports without ringing the manager. My worst holiday experience ever. Enough said.

Room Tip: The best tip for a good room is go somewhere else!
2 Thank Sandra J
basingstoke
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

this was my first experience of a hotel holiday in turkey and will be my last. the hotel is a complete mess. dirty, mouldy, holes in wall broken shower .......etc etc etc.... I could go on telling you how bad this hotel is but reviews from other people on here say it all...... don.t come to this hotel please you will be very disappointed..!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank drbrucebasingstoke
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Let me start by saying, IF YOU WANT FIVE STAR, THEN PAY FIVE STAR MONEY AND BOOK THE HILTON!
However, if you want to experience Turkey, and lay in the sun, and have a great holiday for next to nothing, then you won't be disappointed.

Some people have champagne tastes, but lemonade money!

I have stayed in All Inclusive's before, and paid double what we paid for this hotel, and have never had as much fun.

The Hotel:
This hotel is in need of some minor refurbishment, but the pool is clean and safe, and there are plenty of sunbeds (with cushions) and umbrellas even when the hotel is fully booked.
It is in a good location for shops and bars/restaurants. Olu Deniz is a short hop on the bus away(for 5 Turkish Lira for two), which is one of the most beautiful places in Turkey. With a stunning beach and Blue Lagoon.
The local shopkeepers are all friendly and don't be afraid to haggle and offer the price you want to pay!

The Rooms:
The room we had was clean and of a good size. (like I said, if you want a sprawling villa then pay up and book one)
There was originally a problem with the balcony door, but Soloman (the manager) had it fixed almost immediately and we had beautiful views of the mountains and the pool.
The family rooms are split over two levels and are the better choice.

The Food:
The choice of food is a little disappointing, but the quality was always good and my wife and I didn't experience any tummy troubles. It was traditional Turkish food most of the time which was always tasty.

The Staff:
The staff were fantastic!! A huge Thank you to Soloman, David, Serjan, Adem, Metin, Elvan and ALL the other staff at the Balkaya for making our stay one of the best holidays we've ever had.
They are all friendly and speak English very well. I tried to make the effort to speak Turkish and I felt that was much appreciated.

Overall:
This was our first holiday without the children and my wife and I had a fantastic time. We would go back tomorrow if we could. For the price you pay you can't really complain, and if the food really isn't to your taste there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby which are cheap and serve great food including all your favourite English dishes if that's what you go abroad for.

We will be booking again next year!

Tip:
Take English money and change it out there for a better rate. Most of the shops/bars/restaurants take English money anyway and you actually get a better rate that way.
We got 2.7 Lira to the pound back home, whereas the Turkish work it out at 3!

Room Tip: Book a family room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank 399Mark
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Have been home for a week after a wonderful two weeks at the Balkaya hotel.I would love to be back there right now,the staff are superb,and the whole two weeks were wonderful from start to finish.Met some lovely people from all over the world,thankyou to everyone for a memorable holiday x ps missing you Adams,Sergan,ELvan,soluman,dilek.metin and mrs Metin.see you all soon xx

Room Tip: Brilliant holiday !
3 Thank Debbie20132013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oludeniz
Akdeniz Beach Hotel
Belle Vue Hotel
Belle Vue Hotel
#61 of 102 in Oludeniz
Sunshine Holiday Resort

Been to Balkaya Hotel? Share your experiences!