“hell”
Review of Balkaya Hotel

Balkaya Hotel
Ranked #85 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Don't stay here its filthy , my wife got food poisoning and is still ill one week after we've returned home , other guests were falling over themselves trying to get away , we stayed ten nights and our bed sheets weren't changed once and towels, well don't even ask about the towels , sergie was a polite hard working young man so was mustapha but as for David the managers brother he was rude and stunk the all inclusive drink must've been watered down , you just couldn't get drunk , the whole place needs a bloody good scrub , my advice if you stay in ovaciek then stay away from this place

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rogerq44
balkaya, Yönetici at Balkaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all ,we would like to thank you for your comment.Your comment will be guide for better service in the future... We understand that you was not happy at our hotel last year .we always will be happy to see you and your family at our hotel..we hope that you can be happy next time with better service rehber

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have just come back from a week at the Balkaya. On arrival it seemed that the travel company had not provided full information on our party. The hotel manager bent over backwards at 5.30am, after being woken up to make sure all 7 of us were accommodated. It is a lovely hotel and the staff were great. It is in a quiet location but only 5 minutes away on the bus from clubs and tourist shops. Local shops 5-10 minute stroll. Food was limited but really nice. Will miss them :o)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank slasha18

Dear Guest,

First of all ,we would like to thank you for your comment. your comment will be guide for better service in the future...We will be happy to see you and your family at our hotel ..we hope that you can spend more happy holidays with balkaya..

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Having been to Turkey 7 times yes i was disappointed with the conditions of the hotel but i have stayed in worse
We were on the lower floor on the second block the shower was poor and the room was shabby,the bathrom was disgracful and there was a bad smell from the drain. However the beds where clean and a firm matress as we where 2 friends we decieded that we would like the twin beds apart so soloman found us 2 extra pillows and a blanket even though it was gone midnight.

We spoke with the manager soloman about the shower and as he was fully booked he promised he would move us when he could.
True to his word we had a choice of two rooms by friday the top floor room was nicer but as a asmatha sufferer staying next to the chimney pot neighbour was just to much plus 3 flights of stairs, so we settled on the middle room on the second floor still in the same block

The food, yes the choice is limited but what do you expect for a hotel with a small budget, solomon has promised to get a toast for next season and maybe scrambled eggs now and again instead of just boiled eggs.
the choice at lunch is limited but again the quality is of a good standard.
the evening meal was always rice/chips/mixed salad/rolls and some for of meat dish the evening meal has always been very flavoursome and if you want more then you can have it.
very much lacking in desserts as you had the choise of melon some grapes and plums and apples.

The staff as with all turkish men they like to kiss both cheeks and place and arm around your shoulder or even hug, if this is not to your liking then say no you are to close or dont like they will not be offended and will leave you alone.

If you are going all inclusive for the alchol we thats your choice the bar is well stock and from what i saw was used frequently. there was a person who had to be taken to hospital twice to have stomach pumped due to the amount of raki she comsummed
i had the misfortune to pick up a nasty bug and soloman and his brother were concered and offered any help should we need it at any time of the night
the doctor arrived very quickly and dealt with me - no local deals with private ambo and private hospitals.
a drip and a few injections later nearly back to normal

My only genuine complaint was the cleaner i felt that she only changed the toilet bins we did not get clean towles or beding by the cleaner at any time. the floor was always tacky and gritty
I personally stripped the beds and left them and the towels to be changed but it appeared that she did not come at all that day and we got new bedding from the manager (not really his job).

yes i would stay at this hotel again the pool is very inviting and the staff are warm welcoming and polite and very helpful. it takes 10mns to walk into hisanaro or 20mn on a slow womble down there are plenty of places to eat drink or even a small walk up the hill to ovacik and a pit stop at friar tuck.

For me there was only two major problems the first was the lack of cleaner and the second was the level of cleanleness .

Nicci

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed here Aug 26th for 2 wks, yes its basic and in need of some TLC, but we did'nt let this spoil our holiday.
The pool and pool area was great, always clean and also saw the water being tested whilst we was there.
The food was always cooked well if not always to everybodys taste, but you can go to 'Gondola' over the road for an english breakfast. The drinks machine is available 24hrs for water and juice, very useful in the middle of the night.
All of the staff were very friendly and very helpful, espescially David, Adams and Sergen.
My mum (who is blind) had to have a room change to the ground floor, and the staff even helped move her and her friends luggage to the new room.
I dont think this hotel deserves all the bad reviews, its cheaper to stay here than to go self-catering, fix the toilet seat, put a light in the ladies toilets, and a bit of bleach round the bathrooms and this hotel will be fine.
we will be visiting again next year if the price is right.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie D

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I'm 16 years of age, we had a family room during our 2 weeks located on the top floor, the room was basic but it was all we needed we had 2 bathrooms with plenty of space! I read all the reviews before going to the hotel and if I'm honest I really wasn't looking forward to it but it turned out to be the best holiday I have ever had, I met some lovely people who I will never forget both Turkish and English. The staff at balkaya are absolulty brilliant they will do anything and everything for you, I'm very fussy with where I sleep and the food I eat, but every night for the 2 weeks we were there we had a different course every night which was delicious! As I said I'm 16 years old and I wasn't 'scared' or 'harassed' at all on my holiday by the bar staff, my family and I got on really well with them all and it's safe to say we miss them all so much and wish we were back there right now, Sercan works so hard every night and never gets a break, they all try there very best to please everyone and its such a pleasure to see how hard they all work because it wouldn't happen at all in England! We had the best time and cannot wait to go back to Turkey next year.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Amie1404

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Please DO NOT take notice of the good reviews you will be wasting your money on this hotel and may end up paying more to move like I did!!!!!
Myself and my partner arrived at the Balkaya 13th August at 4am which was in complete darkness, we had to shout for someone on reception and was greeted by an elderly man who spoke very little English. We were taken to our room ( if that's what you want to call it ), there was barely room to walk around the bed, the walls were dirty and mouldy, exposed wiring from the trip switch box which was hanging off the wall and light fitting on the wall with no cover over it, the bathroom even worse!!!! mouldy tiles and shower curtain, a rusty shower rail which was hanging from the ceiling from a chain which looked like it was almost about to snap, stained toilet pan, mouldy and dirty drain hole in the shower area, exposed wiring from the light fitting in the shower area/wet room, surely a danger of electrocution!!!!.
The pool area sunbeds looked like they had been painted and was coming away, witnessed a member of the bar staff with a hose pipe syphoning orange juice filling up the juice machine?
I can honestly say that this hotel has no good points whatsoever. Another 2 groups moved out from this hovel the same day, luckily we escaped this S***H*** the same day we arrived.
I didn't expect luxury for 3* but The Leytur we moved to was also 3* which was a beautiful hotel well maintained.
The Balkaya is a Health & Safety HAZARD and needs shutting down!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sharon J
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Well came to this hotel for 14 nights allinclusive with my fiance who is 22 and I am 23 and all a can say is all never be back worst hotel av ever stayed in it was filthy pool area was never cleaned our room was hardly ever cleaned n when it was we never got clean towels or she would take the dirty 1s n leave us with nothing so hadto keep going down n getting towels shower was dirty n didn't have a shower curtain so everything got soaked toilets down at pool were terrible girls toilets 1 was out of order and the other 1 didn't have a light or a toilet seat n never had toilet roll soo hadto take ur own down n there was a poo stain on the door the full fortnight food wasn't tht great either u only got 1 choice at lunch n dinner n if u didn't like it u couldn't eat but it was mostly lamb and sauce so we hadto eat out every night drinks on all inclusive were ok got eaten alive with mosquito bites n got taken into hosptial bcoz I took an allergic reaction but the staff in hotel kept telling holiday makers I got taken to hospital bcoz of I drank 2 much which wasn't true since I only had 1 vodka the night before I was taken in some of the staff were very rude and had an attitude problem also manager told me wifi was free en david started shoutin at me last day sayin it wasn't n I hadto pay but my phone had free internet anyways which I tried to explain to him and he tried to grab my phone off me also david (manager\owners brother)harassed me the entire holiday touching me in unappropriate places and 1 time when a was sitting down he came over and started grinding his bum against my private parts and a pushed him off me and he started shouting and balling in my face saying why u not letting me touch you you let me touch you n then said u just goto bed I was petrified of him and when a went out and came back he would say I missed you and your face also would ask me what dresses I was going to be wearing also askin my fiance inappropriate questions and saying 2 guys 1 girl which scared me soo much I should never feel scared on holiday I felt sorry for serjan having to work between 18 and 20hours everyday without a break or a day off always looked tired but he also took tips without me giving 1 to him adams and mustafa were lovely ovacik is a lovely place but this hotel isn't if u have teenagers girls dnt goto this hotel they will be all over them like a bad rash all never be backto turkey again bcoz of this hotel but I did meet a lot of nice people a a PLEASE DON'T GO dnt think the people tht write the good reviews were at the same hotel

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Christine S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oludeniz
Mavi Belce
Tonoz Beach Hotel
Tonoz Beach Hotel
#13 of 102 in Oludeniz
Ocean Blue High Class Hotel

Been to Balkaya Hotel? Share your experiences!