Balkaya Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Olympos Hotel(Oludeniz)
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily roomnext yearsmall hotelboiled eggsmain buildingsun all dayhome from homewhite winecooked freshmeal timesweek holidayall inclusive drinksbrilliant holidayfriendly hotelplenty of sunbedssolomansuleyman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2010

just returned from a weeks stay at the balkaya,we did not want to leave.The, location to us,as lovers of nature,was spectacular.The mountains, flowers, walks in such a rural area made our stay a wonderful holiday.The staff made us welcome,they did all you asked for to make our stay enjoyable.The food was what to expect in Turkey, the chef there to make anything all day.For those wanting 5 star,and perfection,go to a place that caters for this.Here,the staff become your friends and are very genuine,sitting with us as a family.We loved the whole atmosphere,if you have a sense of humour,prepared for anything,love the simple lovely turkish way of life.From Sylvia and Bill Lancs.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with CoopTravel
1  Thank birderbill_10
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I stayed 8 weeks from July til Sept and then went back for a week in Nov.
I didnt check the reviews before I went so had no idea what to expect however I didnt have high expectations because it was so cheap and I do believe you get what you pay for.

I was pleasantly surprised.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

The rooms were a lot bigger then i expected with modern furnishings and were cleaned reguarly and if I needed anything extra the staff were happy to help. A screw came out the waldrobe and I mentioned it at the bar within 20 mins someone had repaired it.

There was entertainment laid on day and night.

The location was perfect for me as it is only a 15 - 20 minute walk from Hisaronu village but is far back enough that you dont have the noise of Hisaronu if you fancy a quiet night in.

I dont know why people have said there was a language problem because I never encountered any problems understanding or being understood by any of the staff on either trip.

The food was buffet style had a selection of foods to eat Turkish style.

There was less entertainment in November as its out of season, but evenings they would have a fire outside and cook potatos in the fire and the staff were just as helpful as during the summer.

It was fantastic value for money and I would definately stay at the Balkaya on future trips.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 12 December 2009

i stayed at balkaya for 8 weeks couldnt believe the deal i got on this hotel ok i did think to true 2 be right but tell everyone it is a lovely hotel. i stayed there with my 2 chidren also a friend we had a family room. 2 sofa beds as you walk in then a spiral stairs going up with a room double bed also another room with a single bed. staff where very nice and plesent harkan / hamza / davut. the room was very clean and the cleaner was very nice and helpful. balkaya is about 15 minutes walk to the main hisaronu villiage which is good if ya want to be a little way from the night life. the breakfast was great typical turkish breakfast but did have ceral for children eggs olives different meat cucumber tea/coffee. the staff where very helpfull if you required something you just needed to ask.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank traceyannemcg
Reviewed 30 October 2009

My friend and I stayed for a fortnight B&B at Balkaya and really enjoyed it. Breakfast is continental style but if you want full english there are plenty of places near by that are very cheap. Location is great as near to nearby towns and local buses run constantly to get around really easily for a very small price. The Staff and owner were extremely helpful and nice and could not do enough to make our stay better. Rooms are basic but sufficient and clean and perfect for those who dont plan to spend all their time at the hotel. The pool is lovely and you can sit by the pool bar to the wee hours if you want to. Highly recommended - I wil be going again next May 2010. Other reviews are far too harsh on this hotel..

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We had a fantasic fortnight at the Balkaya. There were the usual "moaners" who paid little for their stay and expected 5 star treatment. The fact is that the Balkaya is a small, Turkish run hotel where the food is Turkish. If you want a full English menu go somewhere else! We ate well! Meat is expensive in Turkey so that side of things was limited......and often chicken.........but that suited us well. There is absolutely no need to go hungry as there is always a large selection of side dishes. We both felt really well on the food and nobody in the hotel experienced any illness. Breakfast is fantastic...........masses of fresh bread, eggs, cheese, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, honey.
The hotel has been under new management this year and they are really making an effort to improve the place. The staff were kind and friendly and always happy to help......but of course the fact that we were not constantly moaning must have helped. My husband is waiting for a hip replacement and went out there barely able to walk. The staff were incredibly helpful and spoilt him rotten! A fortnight there in such a warm dry climate saw such an improvement I wish we could move into the Balkaya permanently. At their prices we could certainly afford it.
There were a few things that we felt could have been improved but I understand that this is work in progress. The bedrooms and wet rooms are "tired" but were regularly cleaned. I would recommend the place to anyone on a tight budget but suggest that they took an insect repellant plug and perhaps a plug for the sink....and don't forget, soap is not provided in cheap hotels. The Balkaya IS A CHEAP HOTEL and that must not be forgotten. There is a free pool table and we had great sport with other guests, particularly as nothing is quite level! Go to the Balkaya with a sense of humour and forget the spoilt lifestyle of most British people and you should have a great time. Also, don't forget that you are in Turkey and not in the U.K.!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple