“Not a 5* Resort”

Garcia Resort & Spa
Ranked #23 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Visited this hotel from the 29th April - 9th June 2014; really concerned about the trip based on the early negative reviews on trip advisor. Then good reviews appeared so I thought all would be ok, I was wrong. This hotel is not a 5* resort it is not complete and does not have what is advertised. The slide was rarely open as work was still being carried out. The finishes around the hotel are substandard see photos. The electrics are exsposed in some areas and the power often cut off in the room. The rooms are large and the balconys are spacious the views are good from some of the rooms. The food is luke warm and the midnight snack consists of soup. The english pub is a hotel bar there is no bistro. The snack bar of a day becomes the ala carte restaurants of a night with no menus and the food was terrible. The snack bar chef of a day is very helpful and will cook something fresh for you. The spa has no atmosphere, no cushions on the wooden loungers; jets in the jacuzzi did not work and the steam room was not complete. the floors are unclean due to builders walking through constantly and staff are to maintain a high standard. The Spa and Hairdressers are rented out by the hotel and therfore the managemnet are not concerned with any customer service issues. Reception are unhelpful as their English is limited they require the assistance of the porter who was excellent. The hotel has potential but should have been completed prior to allowing guests. Once completed this hotels is really only ever going to be a 4* resort. I was expecting what was advertised and what I paid for and was really dissappointed.

Room Tip: sea and pool views higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pauline R
Samet Y, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Garcia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad that you brought up good and bad sides the way you saw them.
Be assured that issues you mentioned will be discussed and improved.
Thank you once again and we hope to see you in our hotel once again.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations

There are newer reviews for Garcia Resort & Spa

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the children's half term week in May. Just myself and my 5 year old daughter travelled. Had the most amazing relaxing time.
Hotel is brand new and very contemporary in style. Rooms were very spacious with a huge balcony with sofa and chairs!! The views from the balcony were amazing. The whole area is stunning and beautiful.
Food was delicious and tasty although a minor niggle would be sometimes it was luke warm. There is also a snack bar by the pool serving pizzas, burgers, sandwiches etc. Didn't try the al a carte although other people I spoke to did and they enjoyed it!! Drinks were also good although I think they should have a cocktail menu.
There are 5 pools a in total and one was heated. A light animation programme and a shuttle service which takes you down to the beach, also 2 waterslides. There is a hairdresser on site which I didn't try but spoke to people at the hotel who did and they were very impressed.
I have stayed in many larger 5 star hotels in Turkey such as Rixos but what I liked about this place was the personal touch. Everybody was like one big family. All staff amazing. One day I lost my room key and the hotel manager accompanied me to my room. Let me in and called to reception and a porter arrived within 5 mins with a new room key. Thought this was fantastic customer service!!
In summary lovely holiday, met some great people. I miss the Garcia !!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank HurstyStaffs
Guest R, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Garcia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Dear Guest,

Tank you for sharing your comment with the viewers of Tripadvisor.We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience and hope to welcome you back very soon...

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ignore the building site and computer generated photos and ignore the one terrible review - this hotel is ready and is AMAZING!!!!!

We are a family of 3, x2 adults aged between 32 and 39 and a 4 year old, we booked this last minute on 17 May and stayed from 25 May to the 02 June. Before we arrived we were very nervous after seeing the photos and reading the one bad review on here, however I can honesty say the hotel is fully functional and you will not be disappointed.

Set in the hills looking down on Olu Deniz, surrounded by nature and pine trees with spectacular views of the mountains, including distant views of the Blue Lagoon, this hotel is paradise! We did not want to leave!

From the moment you arrive, you feel that your staying at an exclusive, modern and secure hotel. The hotel is uber modern and its far more impressive than other hotels in the area which look dated and tired. We were treated like royalty from the moment we met; greeted at the hotel by Umit, who helped carry our bags and checked us in promptly and efficiently then escorting us to our room. He asked us if we wanted any food and drink and he escorted us to the restaurant and opened the kitchen at 3.30am just for us, making whatever we wanted. We were extremely impressed with our ground floor, pool side view room; fantastic views, all brand new furniture, very spacious and decorated to a very high standard - all new linen, air con, plasma screen TV and a well stocked, complimentary mini bar, including soft and alcoholic drinks, replenished every day and tea and coffee making facilities. The beds were extremely comfortable and our stay was extremely relaxing and peaceful. The rooms were cleaned every day and were spotlessly clean. The showers in the rooms are amazing, very powerful and hot water all day, every day. Whilst staying there we received a new larger patio table and a double seated patio sofa; both not necessary but a nice surprise. One day we came back to find the maid had created two swans out of towels and scattered fresh flower petals over them in the bathroom and on our bed, which was a lovely touch.

The hotel staff all made our stay very enjoyable; all very friendly people; from the spa manager Gunsell who was extremely helpful, spoke excellent english and was very kind to us, the hairdresser, the waiters in the restaurant, Halil, Mujat and the entertainment team all made sure we were happy, took a genuine interest in us and in making sure we had a great experience; they couldn't have be anymore accommodating. There is a professional photography service on site, which I highly recommend; the photographer is very friendly and accommodating and he took some of the best photos we have at half the price of what we would have paid in the UK.

Our 4 year old daughter had a fantastic holiday too; she enjoyed making new friends around the pool and at the Disco and so did we. The animation team encouraged her to play in the Mini club and couldn't have made more of a fuss of her. There are 3 huge pools; a heated one and two freshwater pools to choose from, plus a small children's play area suitable for under 5's and a huge slide for teenagers and adults. Outside there is a pool bar which is really cool and you can get any drink including cocktails all day; nothing is watered down. Fantastic wines are available and great cocktails.There is also a huge lounge and bar area, again very tastefully decorated and a nightclub - again really modern and cool.

There is a gym in the hotel which my husband used which provided a good range of equipment and there is also a hairdresser on site who also provide nail polish, manicures and other beauty services. The hairdresser also offer a traditional Turkish shave which my husband and lots of other male guests had and said were great. There is an impressive spa on site, including a traditional looking Turkish bath; where I had an amazing Honey and Foam massage - so relaxing and soft, followed by a face mask and a Turkish Hamam massage - absolutely amazing!

When we stayed the hotel was only at half capacity as it only opened on 01 May; however it was perfect; there was a real mixture of ages and nationalities staying there, mainly English, Russian and a few German guests. The hotel had a very friendly and family orientated vibe.

The food in the restaurant and snack bar is fantastic - freshly made pasta and pizzas and a buffet in the main restaurant which never failed to disappoint, the freshest ingredients and lots of variety. In the afternoon tea and cakes are available at the pool bar and ice creams are available at the snack bar for children during the day. The A la Carte is served overlooking the pool and the sunset - very romantic. The food is great and served to a high standard of presentation; after 3 generous and tasty authentic Turkish courses we could not eat anymore and to much disappointment had to skip dessert.

There is a free hotel shuttle bus taking guests to Olu Deniz and Hisaronu both worthy of a look around. Hisaronu has a fab Go Karting Track, children's fun fayre (at the time we stayed), and lots of shops to buy cheap designer fakes like Mulberry handbags, Paul Smith T Shirts, Football kits, Shoes, Jewellery etc etc, if you like that kinda thing. Olu Deniz has some great bars and restaurants and you can walk to the Blue Lagoon from there and also visit to arrange paragliding and any day trips.

We really had to drag ourselves out of the hotel as it was so lovely, but I would highly recommend a day trip to Dalyan to see Turtle Beach and the Mud baths which is great fun - the area itself provides a great opportunity to see some of Turkey en route to board the boat and to see some absolutely beautiful scenery and history. We booked this trip with Holiday Mate in Hisaronu who were very professional, knowledgeable and punctual. We paid around £45 for 3 of us, which included a pick up at the hotel, coach trip and boat trip, lunch, admission to Turtle Beach where you get to spot them and transfers back to the hotel; extremely good value for money. The tour guide spoke fantastic English, had a great sense of humour and definitely knew his stuff.

On our last day we checked out at 11am and were given use of another room until we checked out at 10pm, which was a great help to us.

On our final day the hotel team came to see us off and helped us to the coach - a very fitting and touching way to end to our stay.

I can't rate this hotel more highly and its staff, we really had the best family holiday here. Exceptional value for money. I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but I would not want anyone to be put off and miss out on the chance of holidaying here. We will definitely visit this hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor, pool side view standard room. Book the A la Carte dinner reservation early to...
20  Thank Victoria M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the viewers of Tripadvisor.It is such a pleasure to read
your wonderful feedback and to know that we were able to provide a relaxing environment after
your long trip. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Visited this hotel in May as a family with a 7 & 11 year old. We were initially concerned not everything would be quite ready as it was a brand new hotel but we were taken aback as soon as we arrived.We booked a swim up Suite (it had 2 bedrooms - one with a massive queen bed and one with Twin beds for the kids). There was plenty of wardrobe space, a modern shower (bathrooms are quite small - but have everything you need including a hairdryer). We had a minibar in the room which was stocked daily. there is a safe (free to use).Lovely lighting in the rooms. Some of the standard rooms have kids bunk beds or a sofa bed (suitable only for kids). The pillows, mattresses and bed linen was perfect, the beds are so comfy we had a great night sleep. All rooms have air con. Our swim up room had a good size balcony with a 2 seater sofa & 2 chairs. Swim up rooms are on 2 levels - ours was on the ground level. We had our swim up pool to walk straight out onto which we used to access the main pool area during the day. The views are stunning & is something that will stay with me forever. Watching the sunset from the room or the hotel restaurant is a sight to behold.

The hotel is modern and stylish just as we like things.We've visited the area before and we only went out of the hotel a few times as the quality of the food and drinks was superb. All drinks were of great quality - the staff make amazing cocktails - just ask for a cocktail & let them surprise you! They also serve a 'prosecco' equivalent in a lovely champagne glass - nothing is limited. the Bailey's style creamy cocktails were the best! The kids could have anything they wanted to drink and they made great kids cocktails in all different colours & flavours!

Staff made such a fuss of our kids from the restaurant staff, animation team & managers! They loved being at Garcia. I felt it was a great safe place for our kids - we allowed them to nip back to the room for things & have a little wander around. It wasn;t a place that is too big. Its warm, friendly & personal.
They were just getting the Kids mini club going which is on in the mornings & afternoons. Our kids didn;t want to go they were happy swimming in the 5 pools, going on the aquapark slides & playing bowls or darts with the animation team.The smaller pool was the pool we used as it was the warmest. All the 4 main pools are the same depth 1.40 metres. (I recall).

The hotel was quiet when we first arrived but it soon filled up and got busier. The staff coped well as its all new to them. We saw many changes whilst we were there as more things got finished off eg. CCTV cameras, health & safety signs, nightclub & poolside snack bar opened. Safety rules were tightened up on the Aquapark (no inflatables allowed now & single rider - as it should be). The slides are great fun for adults & kids alike.
Food - was superb and we never tired of it during our stay. Make sure you sample the fresh honey on a rack of honeycomb at breakfast! There is lots of good breakfast choice for the kids - cereals, beans, scrambled eggs, pancakes. The main restaurant has amazing views of the mountains & its lovely to sit outside. There is a kids corner for food at lunch & evening meal - its only a small selection and if they need to improve on anything - its the kids food- more variation for the kids, especially at the evening meal. It was also left cold on many occasions. (my kids are fussy eaters abroad - but if yours aren;t there is lots of choice in the adult area). Dinner is only on from 7pm-9pm - which I found a bit restrictive - as some nights we were lucky to get in for 9pm as the pool area is so nice in the evening.
The presentation & freshness of all the foods, starters, herbs & salads was superb. We ate & drank far too much. We didn't use the fish restaurant but we ate in the Turkish a la carte one - which was lovely & worth a visit. You get wine with all your meals if you wish all served in lovely glasses.

We met so many great guests during our stay - its one of those intimate, 'family' feel types of places where you just stop & chat, have a drink at the pool bar & meet friends. The kids met new friends every day by the pool or in the English pub at night (playing snooker) or at the kids mini disco.the English pub is great - again serving the best quality drinks & cocktails.They were just trialling some entertainment acts to see if they will book them for the season. Between the animation team running Miss Garcia, Bingo, quiz & dance nights and some great professional entertainment - dancers, Michael Jackson tribute , once established it will be a great night in the English Pub! The music stops about 11.20pm & the DJ moves to the nightclub (down near the pool bar). Kids were allowed to go there too. We went in a few times & it was suitable for families although the music was a bit loud.
It would be good if they would vary the music during the day at the pool bar & have some chill out music from 4pm -8pm in the afternoon. The staff, owner, Management (animation team) were all superb and if you mention any issues to them they will go above & beyond to sort it. I just hope that the quality of the food & drinks remains the same as the hotel gets established and they don't cut back on this area. I know this hotel will go from strength to strength. We had the best family holiday ever & we were gutted to come home. We will definitely come back & several of my friends are booking in too. Perfect for families, single parents, couples - everyone. Absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are great - but if you get a room or a suite overlooking the pool on the ground floor...
17  Thank lisa d

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Firstly I would like to point out that I have never reviewed a hotel before, but felt that I needed to as the hotel got a couple of bad reviews previously.

We stayed as a family the last week in May, from the moment we arrived we were blown away by the standard of the hotel. We arrived about 1.30 am after a long journey and were hungry and thirsty even though the restaurant was no longer open the kitchen staff offered to make us a snack. I imagine at that time of night other hotels would not have been so welcoming.

We had a family room which was very spacious and beautifully decorated, very modern. From our balcony we had a great view of the pools and could watch the people paragliding over Olu deniz. The room was cleaned everyday with new bedding and towels. You have a mini bar in your room filled with water, fizzy drinks and beer which is re filled every day. There is also coffee and tea making facilities. There are two main pools outside and one inside, the swim up rooms have their own pools which look amazing. The water slides provide endless amounts of fun for everyone, but please do not try and take inflatables on them as it is very dangerous.

The staff at Garcia are wonderful, they could not do enough for us. Every member of staff was friendly and always had smiles on their faces, the bar staff make brilliant cocktails of which we enjoyed one or two! We have two children aged 13 and 10 and the animation team were brilliant with them. Murat and Halil are a credit to Garcia, from playing darts and having water fights to the evening entertainment.

The food here is wonderful, they have a main restaurant 2 a la carte restaurants and a snack bar. Everyone is catered for, our 10yr old is a pain to feed on holiday but for the first time ever he ate at every meal time. There is an abundance of food including fish, meats, salads, pastas and soups, all very fresh any beautifully presented.

Our flight home was late at night and normally we have had to pay extra to keep the room past midday but at Garcia they let us keep the room until we were picked up at no extra charge. I can not recommend Garcia enough, none of us wanted to leave. We hope to return very soon.

Room Tip: The swim up rooms are amazing.
10  Thank Jayne F

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week wish we had stayed longer.the hotel is amazing our room was the best we have ever had.The food is great my 10 year old is very funny with what he eats but loved it all.the staff our amazing as well, helpful very friendly and hard working. Murat is great with the kids and adults.we would go back tomorrow if we could.if your thinking of going to turkey this is were you should go.top marks from us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Justin F

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were at this hotel in May 2014 with my parents (55-65 years old) and we (30-33 years old) our little son Grisha (1.3 years). Excellent place. Stylish design. Great food for all tastes. Incredibly friendly staff - from the general manager to the waiters and cleaners. A special thank you for the beautiful manager Yurda - very professional! The hotel's location allows you to make walking on the Lycian Way,or take a shuttle to the blue lagoon and swim to shore pine forest with wonderful blue fish in the turquoise water. Oludeniz - a very nice place - many lovely shops, restaurants. Most of the tourists is British and Germans.The hotel is so well designed that each of the mini-towers has its own swimming pool, and you'll never have to push into the crowd. The territory has a set of roses, antique bowl of olive oil pressure. This hotel is ideal for family vacations and for romantic couples

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the 1st floor near the pool!
12  Thank EugeniaPopova