“Good and bad points about the Seyir Village Hotel”

Seyir Village Hotel
Ranked #79 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel for the last 2 weeks in August 2012. On arrival at 6am in the morning we had be allocated a double room but as 'we' where myself and my 16 year old son this was hardly suitable!! The only room spare twin room was one of the famous "dungeon" rooms. The room was very small with clean two single beds in it. I accepted the room for the night as we where so tired. However I horrified by the bathroom as it was 'clean' but with mold (wished I'd packed some Cillit Bang!!) and the bath was in great need of upgrading. Just as we where about to go to sleep the pool man arrived and opened up the cupboard below the pool switched on the lights to start his cleaning - unfortunately this cupboard was opposite our patio area.
When we woke we asked at reception to be moved but there where no twin rooms available. I asked could we be moved at to the first available twin and that the bathroom mold be addressed in the meantime. The room did not have any drawers just a small created wardrobe so we did not unpack but left our clothes in the suitcase for the two weeks - well it made packing to go home quicker!! The bathroom was cleaned leaving a lovely lemony smell but the mold remained
When after a week we where offered another twin it was an attic room which was smaller and no balcony. We declined this and stayed in our dungeon room. We only slept in the room but had to shower in the bathroom!! The benefits of this room gave us access to the pool,bar and hotel areas quickly as the stairs up from the dungeon where directly opposite our room. As the room received no direct sunlight it remained cool at all times and no mosquitoes which other rooms seemed to have plenty of! Plus the pool man waking me a 6am meant I was awoken early so got to get the choice of my sunbed!!
We stayed All Inclusive and found the food to be tasty and plentiful. There was always a meat and vegetarian hot option for dinner. Should you not like these options there was plenty of salads to choose from. Lunch was a little samey and breakfast was the normal Turkish breakfast with advantage of a toaster for your use should you wish.
Drinks where available from 10am till 11pm from the bar near the pool. However there where lots of rules to obtaining drinks which became a real problem, especially with the staff manning the bar. This surprised me as there has been a lot written about about Memet and Albert in previous posts. I did not find them friendly or fun. Last orders was at 10:45 and you had requests for drinks refused unless you had finished your drink first. However the paying customer was greeted with a much more friendly manner. I did not realize that being All Inclusive was such a problem for the hotel. And as we did not abuse the privilege of All Inclusive drinks I found this very puzzling and annoying.
The pool area is clean with lots of beds - there are Brits playing the bag a bed game with their towels so if you do wish a specific bed set your alarms. Some of the beds had seen better days and needed upgrading.The vegetation around the pool made sunbathing fun as it does block the sun. Perhaps a good pruning would help!! and getting rid of the huge sun obstructing Palm Tree. The music played from the bar was on a repeat and grated somewhat after a time.
The hotel is an easy distance from Hisanarou and all down hill however coming back is a killer but the taxi is only 10TL which was much less painful!!.
The evenings at the hotel are quiet sit down and chill no entertainment which was fine. The bar did allow people to put their IPods on which was a change. We made friend at the hotel so we sat and talked the evening away.
This hotel is basic no frills hotel, excellently situated, the pool is fine some of the rooms are is desperate need of upgrading and I understand that the hotel will not be offering the All Inclusive option next year so you will not be made to feel like a second class citizen the bar!

Room Tip: Don't choose a dungeon room unless
2  Thank Amanda_Cardiff101

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I shall start with, I have stayed at the finest hotels in a variety of countried and asthetically (to the eye) they were all better than the Seyir, but I or we paid a fortune for them. But in these finer to the eye hotels, half the staff were anul and they spent all their time either standing still waiting for their tip or standing over me with a dominance that I needed to order my next drink or move of the table for the next person.

What did we love about the Seyir - the rooms were adequate, basic, good enough, when did we use them, when we were asleep, were they clean YES YES YES, were the cleaning staff courteous YES YES YES. The food was good, NOT brilliant, but different every night, more than filling, always found something lovely to eat, made with love by the chef, lets face it to upgrade from b & b to full board, was just 60.00 for two weeks - thats less than 5 per night for a wholesome starters, loads of fruits and pastries etc. BUT THE BEST BIT I HAVE SAVED TO LAST, Memet the guy who runs the bar area is such an absolutely lovely lad, that, should I have had a son (omg wouldnt life have been so much easier than two girls) I would have wanted one just like him. As for Berkay perhaps I would have him as my son-in-law, we really got to know one another didnt we Berkay (if you happen to read this) All the staff were the most friendliest bunch I have ever come across.

And, English lads please take a leaf out of the Turkish peoples book on this one.... every time I got on the bus with my daughters a man would get up so I could sit down, and what surprised me so much was I then witnessed a younger lad get up for the other twn years older. Such manners.

Will I go back YES YES YES please.

At the Seyir Village experience it with your heart, and you will leave with it in your soul.

Room Tip: Experience the Seyir Village with your HEART and not your EYES and you will leave with the lovely li...
5  Thank Holeinthemoon
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Just got back from a two week holiday with partner (34) two boys (5&15) and dad (74). We all had a fanstastic time, hotel and pool are clean and well looked after, slide into pool not always open but when it is.... lots of fun for all young and young at hart !!!
Breakfast is a buffet, good selection, something for everyone. we didnt go all inclusive so cant comment on other meals, although they did have a few BBQ in the week. Bar/snack food in the day was good vaule for money, again something for everyone. If you dont book all inclusive and you want meals they will charge you 20tl each, great value
Night life, bars and resturants not far away, most people walk but is up hill back so most get a taxi back up. i dont know the cost as we hired a car for two weeks as my dad finds it hard to walk.
Rooms a little on the small side, but hey, you only sleep in them. Comfortable beds, sheets and towels changed every day. Nice shower and bath with hot water at all times
Staff are very friendly and do all they can to help you have a great time, if you have a problem just ask them and they will sort it out.
Money..... I took Turkish money in cash, A top up cash card and some English cash.... best thing was to get Turkish cash via internet deliverd to your home, best exchange rate by far.
Beer is about 5tl (£1.20) pint, spirits 10tl (£2.40) inc mixer. Meals out come to about 140tl (£50) for the five of us to have starter and main course, drink each and bottle of wine, Great value !!!
Overall a great place and good value, we will be going back next year :)
If you have any questions then please email me, would be pleased to help if i can

Room Tip: We needed a ground floor room for my dad, emailed them and thats what we got.... GREAT !!!
6  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Hi we tried this hotel for the first time this year after staying at the pine valley last year and didnt like the commercialism. The seyir hotel is a lovely friendly small hotel set at the bottom of the mountains... the staff were more than helpful and would do anything to make your holiday perfect, the pool , bar and every area of the hotel was spotless. The food was excellant infact we have already booked for next year 2 weeks all inclusive it was that good....our room was more than sufficient with a good size family bathroom with bath and shower, two large double bedrooms and patio outside, no noise could be heard when you were in your room very sound proof although this hotel was not a noisy hotel in anycase, we took our 2 teenage boys and they made friends quickly with other children and the staff were fantastic ....not pushy they just let us relax and enjoy our holiday.... we have been coming to hisaronu for 20 years now and actually got married on the lagoon last year an can safely say this hotel is a small basic but friendly clean hotel with excellant staff ..........definately recommend this hotel .......lisa and andy carlisle

Room Tip: we had a ground floor family room which was airy spacious and clean
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MrsLisaC
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Ovacik is a good base for Turkey first timers... there are plenty of daytrips to go on (we went on a Jeep Safari... a really fun, yet soaking day out... but in the full turkey heat the waterfights were much needed! Also scuba diving in Fethiye was a highlight... crystal warm waters and rainbow fish). Plenty to see and do, and if you can afford it/stomach it, I would highly recommend going paragliding off of Baba Dag mountain down to the Olu Deniz beach. We KICKED OURSELVES for being too wimpy a few days in and by this point and spent our 'day trip' money on other options!

So I'll get the main gripe out of the way (there's plenty of good after)
MAIN ISSUE WITH THIS HOTEL: .... We had an adjoining door to the neighbouring room in our room.... ARGH. We checked in pretty late at night, and didn't get to sleep until about 5AM due to the NOISE from next door. You could hear everything. And I mean Evvvverrrything. Everything you WOULD NOT want to hear from a couple of strangers you don't know.... Arguing ,talking (they did this at shouting volume) snoring, hairdrying, sex, breathing..... you get the picture. We were kept up until late every night with all sorts of unpleasantries. I'm quite a private person and this was a major downer for our holiday, it was very uncomfortable, unpleasant and felt like I didn't have any privacy in my own room. If you stay make sure you do not have one of these rooms (we asked to move, but there were no other rooms available) If this had not happened I'd be giving the hotel about 4stars. We still managed to have a lovely holiday, but unfortunately its always the worst bits that you remember. And living next to these people for 7 days was well and truly awful.

I shall now continue with some better points:

You can have a walk down to Hisaronu in the evening in 5-10 mins down the hill and your hit by the stereotypical holiday resort strip with bars, restaurants and souvenir shops. Does what it says on the tin but perfectly good for kicking back at the end of the day and sipping a few (lots) of cocktails.

We stayed Half Board at Seyir Village, we were a bit dubious beforehand that there'd be the table of "british chips" on offer every night and we were pleasantly surprised to discover it was delicious authentic Turkish food. Perhaps if you have fussy eaters in your holiday party, this may not be the place for you... but I'd urge you to try the turkish cuisine, its delicious and I've been trying to recreate plenty of the dishes back home. Breakfast was also good with a selection of bread, fruit, cereal, pastries, cheese and meats (and OLIVES?! slightly bizzare in the morning?!)

The hotel is a medium size, so it doesn't feel too cramped around the pool area. The slide into the pool is also a great addition. It definitely did the job of having a cool off and a mess around throughout the day. There's also a pool table, shady canopy bar (it does get very hot) and table tennis.

If you're wanting to venture down to the Olu Deniz area yourself, I would recommend actually getting a taxi to the area rather than the free shuttle from the hotel. As this actually takes you to a specific private beach called 'Sugar Beach' which was perfectly lovely, but was rather pricey for a sunlounger/food/drinks. And is quite a walk from the main area, and when its 40+degrees, you really don't fancy trudging round, so we just made do with this beach, when really all the beaches featured in the photos of the area are on the other side! There was some great entertainment at Sugar Beach though, with a troupe of african acrobats on the day we were down. There's also a basketball court, trampolines, pedalos you can take out on the beautiful lagoon. We just wanted to choose our own beach spot rather than being left somewhere for the whole day and couldn't leave until after 3pm!

We found the hotel staff to be fairly friendly, I think you get the more full on service (know your name stuff) when you're either on All Inc, or older than myself and my boyfriend. But we prefer to be left to ourselves anyway than having in your face service all day. Another annoying thing were the mosquitoes and the mosquito nets in the room were extremely sub-par.... there was only one window in our room with a net over it, and it had 2 holes in. The other 3 windows and balcony door, nothing to combat the mozzies. So I left with 30+ bites, despite using sprays/repellents. I feel it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad with the proper nets that most hotels provide.

So a good holiday overall, good food, good base area, but walls made of paper really brought the whole thing down several notches. :(

Room Tip: Ask if there's an adjoining room. If its filled with people other than your own family, MOVE.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alexasholidays
Reviewed 13 August 2012

very disappointed with this hotel the room we were given was very small inthe roof could not stand up only being 5tf 2 banged head on the ceiling no veiw at all window were very small no nets up at all no air con had to pay a lot of english monies for it and also for a fridge was told we would have shower over a bath .we did not shower was 4ft off the floor and could not move it any higher asked to be moved but could not . i dont rate this hotel at all .we have been to turkey three years running now and this was the worst hotel ever .no help from any of the staff .it was so hot in the room you could not breath . not going back there .

Room Tip: dont bother
Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CHRISTINEJOHN504119
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I booked the cheapest half board holiday I could find and this was it. We had inadvertantly booked the 'promotional room'. This was very basic, but had the essentials which were comfortable beds and a adequate bathroom with a hairdrier. The bedding and towels were changed every day. We were offered an alternative room with a balcony and a TV when we enquired at reception but decided to stick with our original room, as we were unlikely to use either.

The buffet breakfast was excellent and included cereals, bread, cold meats, cheeses, fruit, salads, boiled eggs and a range of hot and cold drinks. In addition, the chef would happily knock up an omelet or fried eggs if asked. The evening buffet had a traditional hot turkish meal, typically meat or fish, usually served with rice. There was also a large selection of traditional salads, fresh bread, fruit and a selection of desserts. Only very fussy eaters would find the food on offer a problem, and should perhaps opt for the B&B option.

The pool and outside bar area were excellent. So much so, that excursions were booked reluctantly as we were having such a good time. Being a relatively small hotel, guests tended to chat and bond. We made some lovely friends who formed the basis of our holiday memories.

The staff were all very friendly and were eager to help in any way.

The position of the hotel was great, set high in the mountains which had the benefit of slightly cooler temperatures and a light breeze. Sunsets every evening were spectacular. A five munute walk down hill took you into the busy main street where you can find shops selling 'original fakes', bars, restaurants, nightclubs etc, also many companies offering trips. Do remember to haggle though. As a general rule try to get about 50% off, although in some places you might get more, others less.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank popseyg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oludeniz
Ocean Blue High Class Hotel
#48 of 101 in Fethiye
RED Hotel
RED Hotel
#85 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Seyir Village Hotel? Share your experiences!